[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They hit the nail on the head with Alolan forms. Despite having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (29KB, 300x273px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 300x273px
They hit the nail on the head with Alolan forms.

Despite having a similar design, Alolan forms almost feel like completely new Pokemon that I might even get to train on my first run, unlike Megas which felt like yet another layer of repetition. The best part is how easy it is to make these forms.
>>
I find Alolan forms to partially be GameFreak struggling to create new designs that aren't similar to previously made designs, and partially pandering to the Gen I crowd since they want to keep luring the older players to the new games.

I could be wrong on both accounts, because I do like the alolan sandshrew line, but the rest of them feel subpar in my eyes, particularly the vulpix line that would've been discarded as a lame deviantart product if it had been revealed from any other source.
>>
>>28255083
I agree, I love the idea.

However, I dislike that they are Gen I only. There are many Pokémon with incredible potential to have a Alolan form: Bellossom, Solrock/Lunatone, Probopass, Conkeldurr, Wormadam, Clamperl, Spiritomb, Chandelure, Wailord... I can imagine one or more forms for these Pokémon, but I'm sure they never will exist.
>>
>>28255104
I'm not even talking about the designs themselves but the new Pokemon feel that Alolan forms give off.

GF treated Megas as new Pokemon, which they realized was a mistake as Megas provided nothing new to train.

On the other hand, training up an Alolan Sandshrew or Vulpix is a completely new experience, even if the design is similar.

You might be right about the ideas portion, but personally, I still feel like there are a lot of ideas left out there.
>>
>>28255127
Maybe next gen? GF is only doing Gen 1 so you can transfer normal Kanto forms from RBY and get Alolan forms in SM
>>
>>28255184
Maybe next gen or next games.
>>
>>28255160
My main gripe is that the regular forms remain useless and irrelevant.
>>
File: SandshrewTR.gif (490KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
SandshrewTR.gif
490KB, 400x250px
Im just glad there is finally some Sandshrew/Sandslash love again. Their existence hasn't been acknowledged in years.
>>
>>28255083
Alolan forms have to be, hands down, my favourite thing they've done with the franchise. I just wish they would have implemented it sooner.
>>
>>28255184
Wait, you have to transfer from RBY if you want normal forms? What of the ones transferred from Gen 6? Do they somehow transform to Alola-forms?
>>
>>28255083
They did hit the nail on the head, with 1 exception. Alola forms only seem to be for gen 1 Pokemon, but I will not be totally satisfied until we get an Alola Garchomp that is actually a shark.
>>
>>28256335
Nah, those remain normal too.
>>
Honestly my only problem is how Meowth is pure Dark while Rattata is Dark/Normal. I feel it would've been better for both if they were swapped. Meowth could keep getting STAB for Pay Day, while Rattata would become an actual evil robber.
>>
>>28255083
>Liking Gamefreak sucking genwunner dicks
Kys.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.