[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone tried to catch all the glitch Pokemon in gen 1? Side

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Missingno.png (6KB, 183x140px) Image search: [Google]
Missingno.png
6KB, 183x140px
Has anyone tried to catch all the glitch Pokemon in gen 1?

Side question: Are the "stable" Missingno in Yellow actually safe? It would be pretty cool to have the fossil forms.
>>
>>28251191

But why tho. Just to have em?
>>
>>28251191
I'm hoping that it'll be a Pokemon in SM
>>
Thought the MissingNo. image depends on your character name or something?
>>
>>28251431

I would really like it if Missingno could be safely ported to SM.

I'm curious in general how the game will handle the glitch Pokemon being brought up. Will it convert them or reject them?
>>
>>28251393
To catch em' all of course.

>>28251470
The regular glitch does, but the mew glitch lets you encounter different kinds based on the special value of Pokemon.
>>
>>28251431
I'd love to see Missingno become a legit Pokemon. Sadly it'll never happen. Ever.
>>
why didnt gamefreak ever copyright missingno and actually put it in the game as the first ? type pokemon? the universe literally gave them a free design and everything and they didnt keep it
>>
>>28251191

They could always make it "the glitch pokemon" ala porygon Z?

A corrupted porygon that attained near god tier status. Maybe someone tried to break porygons limits and gave it ridiculous stat values in it's code and it couldn't fucking handle it and went apeshit and became this mess.
>>
>>28251191
They are safe but they won't show up as fossils anymore.
>>
>>28251431
>Transfer it over from Gen 1 VC to Sun/Moon
>triggers a special event where the 'transfer machine' (a la the Gen 2 Time Capsule) starts overheating, smokes comes out etc
>transfer machine engineer has to rework the Missingno's data, turns it into a Porygon
>gives it a ribbon to acknowledge it's former Bird typing then tells you to never try that again; from that point onwards Missingno doesn't transfer over properly
>knows Water Gun and Sky Attack but can't be traded away
>>
>>28251740
It's a fucking rectangle
>>
File: 1403916172589.png (612KB, 521x521px) Image search: [Google]
1403916172589.png
612KB, 521x521px
>>28251393
>not plowing through E4 w/ glitch-only meme run
How can someone be so shit at videogames?
>>
>>28251828
Maybe a Mega Porygon would reference Missingno. It's the logical step forward in its design.
>>
>>28251974
I actually really like this. I doubt they'd ever do it for the main games, but I would really love to see it in a fan-game somehow.
>>
>>28251974
Interdasting
>>
>>28251191
i'm playing Yellow on 3ds atm.
I can confirm that only Missingno ghost, fossil aerodactyl and fossil kabutops will let you duplicate items in the 6th slot of your bag, like a normal missingno in red and blue.
if you try to battle the normal missingo in yellow, your game will freeze.
And as long as theres still one trainer on the world map that can walk towards you (from off screen) you can still do glitch.
according to bulbapedia, you can use the PC o save the game. reset. then challenge the elite 4. then you can find the Pokemon with the desired special stat and go back to route where you escaped trainer.
>>
>>28251991
This.
"Free design," my ass. If they ever did a MissingNo Pokémon, well that'd be retarded, but I could only imagine it as something amorphous. Something like Ditto where it transforms. Perhaps base it off of that generic ghost sprite and allow it to have form changes or something.
>>
>>28251991
a glitchy rectangle that flashes into other shapes in its idle animation
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.