[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it generally better to put Evs in defense and special

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (50KB, 297x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
50KB, 297x350px
Is it generally better to put Evs in defense and special defense vs HP?
>>
>>28249159
No
>>
>>28249178
Why? What good is HP without the defenses to back it up?
>>
>>28249159
>Defense and Sp Def
Only pokemon with insanely high HP stats IE: Wailord

>Defense of your choice and HP
Just about everything else
>>
>>28249159
For stuff with Pain split maybe, but most of the time you want HP over defense, since it can give you bulk from both angles.
>>
>>28249270
Thanks I really appreciate it
>>
>>28249195
In one hand you have Shuckle and most defensive ghost types
In the other Chansey
you choose
The best thing is going for one defense and HP, that way you can wall Physical or Special Attackers of your choice, but train BOTH defense at the same make you only half decent at tacking Physical and Special Attackers, and any decent one will kill you easly
>>
>>28249195
HP is generally better if you're wanting to tank, Defense evs are for pokemon you need to survive hits that would generally ohko. Of course nothings stopping you from investing in both since you have 506 evs to work with
>>
>>28249270
But what if I wanted some speed investment? What would I do then?
>>
>>28249426
>walls
>speed investment
>>
>>28249195
LISTEN YOU LITTLE SHIT. It's not our job to explain the ins and outs of the intricacies of the game's mechanics to you. If you really cared all of the goddamn damage calculations exists and have been crunched a long time ago, so go do some fucking research and come back when you actually know shit.
>>
>>28249426
Make calcs to know how many EVs you actually need to take the hits than you want to take, and use freely the other points.
Just remember than a mon alone cannot de everything
>>
>>28249344
>In one hand you have Shuckle and most defensive ghost types
>In the other Chansey
Or you could compare Drifblim's bulk to Dusknoir's
>>
Basically I'm trying to run a miltank with stealth rock, heal bell, milk drink and body slam
I'm thinking I want it fast enough to get rocks in and heal bells off but able to take a hit.
How dumb am I?
>>
>>28249621
Miltank can take a hit regardless, you won't really need the speed for anything as a defensive pokemon. Very few defensive pokemon run a lot of speed

At the very least it'll help to keep 4EVs in speed to speed creep other pokemon of the same base speed who aren't running any speed.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.