[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /vp/ still play Pokemon Go? Why or why not? http://www

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

File: 1384118847655.jpg (48KB, 500x588px) Image search: [Google]
1384118847655.jpg
48KB, 500x588px
Does /vp/ still play Pokemon Go?
Why or why not?

http://www.strawpoll.me/11148788
>>
No, it got boring after 2 weeks and Niantic ruined the game with all the updates.

Can't even hatch eggs on a bike anymore.
>>
>>28247237
this.

also you couldnt go outside with your phone out because everyone would think that youre playing pokemon.

still waiting for people to forget about it, game getting fixed and new gens added.
>>
I never played it. I don't like playing games where I have to go outside and walk for hours.
>>
>playing pokemon go
I have never played it. Is it boring?
>>
I *tried* to play it for about two weeks when it first came out. I, like many others, feel like the game can be too buggy in some situations, but that honestly isn't the reason why I stopped playing. I realized that I wasn't interested at all in the game, because it was so different from what I like about video games in general:
>The game requires you to walk. While I like going on walks for an hour or so on occasion, it's not something I feel inclined to do so often as I would want to play a game.
>Outside of catching and gym battles, there's fucking NOTHING to do. Even with the future update adding trading (which definitely should have been in the game at launch), that wouldn't be enough to keep my interest. You may think, "But isn't that the same in main series Pokemon games?" Not quite, for me, anyway. This leads into the number one thing that I don't like about GO...
>The game takes place in the real world, because it's VR. I didn't expect playing a game without its own world to get old so fast. But then I realized it's the biggest reason why I play games. I love seeing what fictional worlds I can explore, with different people, technological advancements, and impossible environments and landmarks. I like the world I live in, but it makes for a boring as shit game.

Keep in mind, this is why I don't like the game, not why I think it's bad. I still haven't made up my mind on whether I think GO is ultimately a bad game in my eyes. But it should be obvious that the first and third arguments of mine are because of the game being a mobile game you play by walking around, not because of the game's inherent design. The second point, though, IS a legitimate complaint I have against Pokemon GO itself. I have no idea what more they could do for gameplay besides trading, but as someone who prefers to play games alone, the experience is barebones, which I suppose is my fault for expecting something more.
>>
>>28247237
I literally never played it.
Shouldve added that to your poll
>>
>>28247096
I only played for a week or so, >>28247347 explains very well why.
>>
>>28247341
As I pointed out in my comment,>>28247347, I think so. I depends on your personal preference. As someone who has no interest in mobile gaming or needing to walk around to play the game, I find it boring. If you don't feel compelled to take a stroll for a while, and do so often, the app will just be unwanted data sitting on your phone while you do something more interesting. If you look forward to interacting with strangers, especially with the upcoming trading mechanic, though, you may feel like it provides enough entertainment.
>>
>>28247096
>implying I ever played it

I won't touch anything that casual with a 50 foot poll.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfc42Pb5RA8
>>
>>28247096
There were a few reasons why I couldn't enjoy it. The biggest reason was my phone has an issue connecting to the servers, if I lost connection while I was out (which was quite often), I would be unable to reconnect until I got back home. This included going into a starbucks and using their wifi. I could not figure a fix for this, if there even was one outside of buying a new phone.
>>
>>28247341
It was good at the start when the hype was high and you never knew what to expect. You felt fucking amazing even catching a regular pidgey.

Now though? Its shit, for me atleast.

Ultimately its a horrible game with broken mechanics and it heavily favours people who live in big cities. Not only that but you also cant track pokemon properly anymore, and it gets boring really quick especially if playing alone. And if you happen to find a rare pokemon such as dratini? Its useless! because you need atleast 30 more for a dragonite.
>>
>>28247096
Still waiting for johto
>>
If I'm out shitting around I'll go hunting, but nothing hardcore.
>>
i refuse to play a game where the developers can tell me I'm having fun incorrectly.

Fuck Niantic.
>>
>look how amazing I am because I never played a game that everyone's playing
what a bunch of faggots, the game is good enough to be played
>>
>>28247096
of course not

reason 1: there's SHIT in my area and using bots was kinda lame and got me banned - but i didn't cared, because...

reason 2: what's the point anyway? you can't catch them all and winning a gym match won't last longer than a couple minutes (depening on your team/living area) and what do you get for all that effort?
basicly NOTHING!

higher user level? the pokemon are still low leveled and useless

go is pretty much on the same retard level as pokemon channel
but there you can at least get a jirachi for your gba title, when you play it long enough
>>
No. It's trash.
>>
File: egrere.jpg (16KB, 239x268px) Image search: [Google]
egrere.jpg
16KB, 239x268px
>>28247669
sounds like your assblasted because you were banned.
>>
>>28247096
Still play everyday cause its simply fun.
>>
Was way better in the beta
>you didnt need to play constantly to be good enough to take down a gym and you could actually hold a fucking gym more than 5 minutes
Dunno about you guys, but I'd like having multiple tiers for each gym (based on player level and/or pokemon CP) and have a different person on each tier, maybe with gym color based on majority holding.

I still play, it's something to do on the way home from work.
>>
I play it whenever I have to walk somewhere so I have something to do while I walk there.
>>
No, it gets boring after a couple days of playing, especially when you live in a rural area. And don't even get me started on the battling mechanics. All you do is swipe and tap. They couldn't have thought of a more boring way of battling
>>
Nope. I'm disabled and Niantic keeps shutting down everything that helped me. First it was the 3rd party trackers, then they became excessively anal about GPS spoofers so I couldn't even use one in my own general area anymore, and they no longer allow location suggestions and my area has next to nothing.

It's lost all appeal to me anyway since it's a pretty linear game.
>>
>>28249972
Finally someone mentioned the battling system designed for the normies the game is marketed to
>>
Yeah, there's 3 pokestops at the park across the street and it gives me something to do while I walk the dog.
>>
>>28247096
Rosa best girl
>>
>>28247096
Why is "all day long everyday" not an option?
>>
>>28247546
You refuse to cheat ? You'll get far kid Kappa
>>
File: team rocket.png (52KB, 873x623px) Image search: [Google]
team rocket.png
52KB, 873x623px
>>28247096
I got bored of it. Reached level 11 ish. Stopped playing because what's the point? I have to walk around with the app on, wasting battery life just to catch Pokemon that I can't battle with? That'll just release so I can evolve one and get another Pokemon? So I can get my ass beat at a gym?

My sister on the other hand loves it even though she doesn't play vidya much anymore. She played Pokemon Y and Pokemon Omega Ruby, so I can't say she ain't a fan. She intends to get the new Pokemon game as well. Last time I talked to her she was on level 15. Probably much higher now.

I'd rather just listen to music.
>>
>>28247096
Played it for 10 minutes and uninstalled it.
>>
It was an incomplete game that I got a lot of mileage out of due to living in a big city, but I lost interest. I have no service and I have more fun playing other Pokemon games.
>>
PEOPLE STILL PLAYING GO ARE THE KIND OF PEOPLE WHO PLAYED THAT LAST AIRBENDER GAME FOR 360 JUST TO GET AN EASY THOUSAND GAMERSCORE.
>>
this thread is dildos because the game is fucking ass and everyone knows it but i keep clicking on it because of that fucking picture of rosa, she's hot as fuck. can this be a rosa thread instead please
>>
>>28247096
I hardly play it anymore, it eats just way too much battery on my phone even with battery saver enabled. I don't go outside just to play go and don't want my phone to die on me in the middle of nowhere on an errand with the only gain being another bunch of Pidgey and Rattata.
>>
Passively. I like the catching them all part, but it gets hard after being in the same city on the same campus. I don't go out of my way to play it

You can't track pokemon at all anymore. Even the update doesn't tell you anything, I only ever have grass no specific place

It doesn't user a lot of data
>>
It's boring and lacks a lot of what makes pokemon great.
>>
The battling is the worst part. It's a clusterfuck of nothing, there's no thought to it. Also even when you dodge you get hurt which pisses me off.

It's way less fun than the actual games
>>
>>28247429
Only reason I ever did is because I was hanging out with some people who were and I wanted to see if it was any good
>>
>>28247588
>wow, look how cool I am because I like something just because everyone else does
>>
It's an excuse to get off my ass at least
>>
Not anymore. It became less of a game and more of a chore.
>>
I play Pokemon go ev er y dayy. I play Pokemon go.
>>
>>28247096
never played but i came to thi thread to say that I like your pic, OP
>>
>>28247096
Used to not care about Rosa
This pic changed my opnion forever
>>
>>28247096
It's addictive as fuck...but no. I willed myself to stop playing it since there's like no way to level up the pokemon without catching a bunch more pokemon and...SO much bullshit to put up with.

I'm holding out for Sun and Moon. It'll be much more fun!
>>
I play daily. I still love this game.
What people don't understand about it is that yes, it forces you to go outside to play the game. It forces you to more than likely leave your neighborhood or possibly even city to find high level and rare Pokemon.
Think of popular shopping centers, local and popular landmarks and restaurants, outdoor parks and rec centers.
Different Pokemon spawn in different geographical areas around you as well. I live on a large hill that spawns clefairy but near the bottom they're nowhere to be found. 2 miles away from me near a park spawns electabuzz at lures. But nowhere else in the city.
The point of all this is to encourage you to literally get up and go have a Pokemon adventure. Go meet other people at pokestop clusters with lots of lures at your local mall with the near sculpture outside and go for a walk down Main Street to get a beer.
There is cool shit out there. And with a little dedication, if you like the game, getting those 100 candies to get good Pokemon really isn't that hard at all.
If you're all so upset and confused at to why dragonites don't spawn on your middle class suburban block with the am/pm on the corner for the 60 seconds you turn it on for need to try to play the game differently.
>>
What if you never started playing in the first place?
>>
>>28256474
I wish pokemons were distributed like this in my country. The best I could find was a place where omanites spawn with certain frequency (all shit IV sop far) but you can't just randomly go there and expect lots of omanites. You need to live nearby and from time to time one or two will spawn in an specific place so when they spawn you see them in your sightings and you go there. Another place was a roadside restaurant with a gym and nothing else nearby that was full of random rare and uncommon pokemons. All the other places so far were just areas with higher or lower density of random pokemons.

Aside from that there are areas where the GPS go crazy so if you leave in areas where the GPS go moderately exited you can leave your game open walking around without having to do anything so you can hatch those freaking eggs.
>>
>>28247096
Seems kind'a retarded to use the exact same poll on /vp/ as you did on /v/, doesn't it, OP?
This thread can only end in faulty statistics

You should've made a new one for /vp/, shitbrain
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.