[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to get a general perspective on something. Think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: big_1466442640_image.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
big_1466442640_image.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
I'm trying to get a general perspective on something. Think about it and answer honestly.

If a GF employee literally just scribbled randomly on paper with a crayon, loaded it into the game as a new Pokemon, and gave it lore about how it's based on a classic folk story about children's scribbles coming to life, would you defend it as a good design? How low can you go before "it's intentionally that way" stops justifying the design? Or is there simply no lower bound, and literally anything can be a good design as long as it's deliberate?
>>
>>28245748
It depends. If it's an actual scribble like the image you posted, on the same quality, then I'd think it was probably a troll or their Youtube channel got hacked or something (if it was revealed in a video). But if it was something with an actual design, even if it was scribbles (like a scribbly t-rex idk), then it'd be fine imo.
>>
>>28245773
with troll I meant like, april's fools or something. But my reaction would of course depend on when and how it'd be revealed.
>>
>>28245748
If I sat down at my computer and created a post just to shitpost, but claimed it was well thought ot or "satire", would you think it was a good post?
>>
No, what the fuck?
>>
>>28245748
But no sane person would just scribble and call it a Pokemon.

The way I see it, actual thought goes into designs, but some aren't as well crafted as others. And if a Pokemon looks bad, but if it's on purpose or whatever, is there really anything we can do about it besides accept it and move on?
>>
>Literally just scribbles
No that would be fucking stupid

>An actual design based on a child's drawing or imaginary friend
It could work if it was actually built like a pokemon and not just a bunch of lines
Like how Sigilyph is the Nazca Lines

I actually genuinely like Pallossand's design, lore or no lore, ghost type or no ghost type.
>>
>>28245748
That's quite a stretch you have there buddy.
>>
>>28245773
You're the worst kind of pleb. They could draw a literal pile of shit no, not muk and you'd still defend it.
>>
>>28245748
First of all, no.
Second of all, your arguement is pretty stupid tbqhwyfampai.

If a design is horrible but the idea behind it is cool/well thought, I personally will defend that and that alone.
I mean every design is shitty if you look at it from one POV.

Kingler is just a crab. It has a good realistic design, with no backstory. It's just a fucking crab.

On the other hand, Palossand's design looks ugly as fuck, but the fact that it mind controls humans to build its body is kinda cool.

And then there's klefki.
>>
>>28245748
Idk man but i still wait for my gazebo pokemon.
>>
>>28245877
I mean how dare he actually defend the company that made what is most likely his favourite franchise.
>>
I'd actually like a paper ghost mon. If you think about it Mimikyu is kind of literally a scribble on a piece of cloth.
>>
>>28245877
Scribbles =/= pile of shit. It's not like they would make a pile of shit Pokémon because of obvious reasons but I can see a scribble one happening.
>>
>what is tangela.
>>
>>28246560
Yeah man, it's not like he's thrown his money at the company. Obviously he's got to go the extra length of actually sticking up for an international corporation who doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>28247113
Muk is kind of essentially a pile of shit: PG version. Well, more a pile of sewage, but there's probably some poop in there. Poop monsters aren't out of the question in Japanese media. See digimon and other various monster franchises.
>>
>It's a /vp/ thinks it doesn't have shit taste in pokemon episode
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.