[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true \vp\? No gyms in Alola? Just random quests and one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: nomoregyms?.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nomoregyms?.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
Is it true \vp\? No gyms in Alola? Just random quests and one boss pokemon at the end? This makes me sad.
>>
>>28239706
Go play red then, fag
>>
>>28239706
>Eight important battles followed by a gauntlet of four battles in a row
Sounds like a league to me, name be damned.
>>
>>28239706
They'll be back in Generation VIII and/or Generation VII remakes, so you won't be crying forever.
>>
Nigga where you been for the last 3 months
>>
>are they going to change one of the fundamental basics of the franchise?
No, of course not, that's retarded.
>>
>>28239749
>Go get me these ingredients
>>
>>28239809
>and then fight me afterwards and I have a team that all shares a common type!
It's still gyms, retard.
>>
>>28239794
They're really not, though. 4 islands with 2 "boss" challenges apiece is essentially he same as 8 gym leaders, just with different window dressing.
>>
>>28239749
There are more than 8.
>>
>>28239849
Only eight fight you, tho.
>>
>>28239832
no
>>
>>28239862
yes
>>
>>28239858
says who

and you still have to fight the kahuna at the end of each island. You don't fight them four in a row.
>>
>>28239994
by fight you mean be forced to capture, and the game stops you making them faint, or restarts the battle if you run.
>>
>>28239994
>Shut up, butthead.
Mhmm, mhmm.
>>
>>28240023
You are confusing the Kahuna with the Guardians
>>
>>28239706
It kind of makes sense though. Alola is isolated from other regions so they most likely have their own customs and traditions.
>>
>>28240127

And we don't really know how the Guardians work do we?

We don't even know if you can capture the totem Pokemon or how many captains there are or anything.
>>
>>28240139
>Hawaii
>isolated
>is a USA state
>full of both japanese and ryukyuan inhabitants
>tourists from all around the world
>isolated
>>
Colosseum/XDGoT>all versions
>has no gyms

good
>>
>>28239706
So, what's the difference between that and gyms then?

>gyms
Predictable bosses with type focus, same concept as previous 2 decades
>random quests and one boss pokemon at the end
Oh look, it's a gym but less predictable and less boring.
>>
>>28240311
>has no gyms
>implying
>>
>>28243660

XD: Gale of darkness is a great game, fuck you anon.
>>
>>28242199
Because theyre not called fucking gyms or in a gym.
>>
>>28239834
There's 4 trial leaders on the second island. I think it's safe to assume there's a leader for each type.
>>
Guess it depends if Totem battles will be hard. If not then it'll feel like a downgrade from gyms (because so far they havent shown any battle with any captain)

Then again i can imagine the Totem battles to be hard since this is a new system and yet they still aim for the new audience
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.