[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I unironically like almost every single Pokemon in the series,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 16

File: image.png (52KB, 740x805px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
52KB, 740x805px
I unironically like almost every single Pokemon in the series, including all the currently revealed (and leaked) Gen 7 Pokemon.

Try to guess one I actually dislike. Most I do like though, and I'll even explain why.
>>
Pikachu
>>
>>28239672
Magearna
>>
Keldeo
>>
Bonsly
>>
Ursaring
>>
>>28239672

Ambipom.

Because that thing is impossible to like.
>>
File: wormadam_by_sailorclef.jpg (122KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
wormadam_by_sailorclef.jpg
122KB, 550x550px
Or her sisters.
>>
>>28239685
I love Pikachu. I think it's a 10/10 solid design. I haven't watched the anime in forever, but I always loved the one with the Electabuzz and the Scyther, where it falls in love with the ketchup. It's also my girlfriend's favorite Pokemon. Having played the series since Gen 1 came out, it holds a special place in my heart--although I wouldn't mind a new Pokemon getting the spotlight for a while. I like Raichu more, though.

>>28239697
I think it's cute and the idea of a literal robot Pokemon is kind of cool. It's not the best design in the series, but as far as Mythic Pokemon go, I think it stands out where something like Meloetta and Manaphy might fade. Also, I think the pink heart motif is cool.

>>28239712
Eh, you might have won the game already. I think it's pretty ugly, especially the dildohorn. It doesn't help that it's part of the weakest "trio" in the series, or one of several weaker legendary designs in one gen.
>>
>>28239672
I feel the exact same way. Funnily enough, I used to hate several pokemon before comming to /vp/, this site has made me appreciate pokemon like emboar and sylveon.
>>
>>28239672
I can relate to that. Although I find a lot of earlier Gen Pokemon very bland, I don't particularly hate them.

But if there is one fucker I absolutely despise, it's Luvdisc.

And I guess and hope the same goes for you, OP.
>>
same Op x
>>
>>28239732
Then why do so many showderp people use it even though it's hot garbage?
>>
File: 250px-190Aipom.png (47KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-190Aipom.png
47KB, 250x250px
>>28239726
Bonsly is really cute. I find I'm one of the few people on /vp/ that really defends Baby Pokemon. I think they're cute and allow a player to train a great Pokemon (like Sudowoodo) from early game. I honestly wouldn't mind more baby Pokemon. I use it in LC sometimes.

>>28239727
Ursaring is my number 1 favorite Pokemon, tied with maybe Teddiursa and Pancham. He's very simple, as many Johtomons tend to be, but I love his design, and whenever I think about Gen 2, I immediately picture Teddiursa. I wish new Megas were confirmed, because I think he deserves one.

>>28239732
I think Ambipom is alright, although a bit unfortunate. I find pic related to be a really solid design, and Ampibom is a relatively mediocre follow-up. I think the hate for Ambipom stems from its 2D art, which is kind of weak art wise. I think it looks better in motion in the anime and 3D. With a different hairstyle, it'd be 8/10. It's kind of silly and goofy, and I like that about it.

>>28239742
I like the concept, I really do. I actually wish they had expanded on this concept, and others like it, in newer regions. I hope they update it for Alola, giving the grass one tropical flowers, the sand one more volcanic ash looking stones, and the pink one...fuck, I dunno? Why is the urban one pink?

>>28239797
I think Pokemon like Emboar and Sylveon get hate for the wrong reasons. I think they're great designs, I just think the things they represent (third Fire/Fighting in a row, fucking Fairies) pisses people on /vp/ off.

>>28239820
Luvdisc is probably one of the few Pokemon I honestly don't like. Just a bit of a waste. I don't mind the idea of "fillermons" though, as long as they come with a useful game gimmick--which Luvdisc does come with, just a shitty one.
>>
>>28239742
It's so cute
>>
Unown. It's such a useless mon with a possibly deep lore. It has no redeeming qualities.
>>
Oops, forgot my trip

>>28240044
I like the idea of a Pokemon having that many forms. I wish it were a bit more useful--like I said about Luvdisc, the idea of a gimmick mon not having a good gimmick is useless. One redeeming quality is that it's in one of the more solid Pokemon movies. I really fucking hope it gets "Schooling" as a Hidden Ability.
>>
>>28239672
It's easy, it's the golett line

I'm like you, I like every single pokemon beside those 2. I don't even know why, I just dislike them.
>>
I like just about everything too and I was going to throw the one I hate at you, but someone beat me to Keldeo.

Only other one I can really query you about is Jynx.
>>
File: image.png (77KB, 259x335px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
77KB, 259x335px
>>28239759
Hah, I thought so.

I also harbor no ill-will to the majority of Pokemon in the franchise. Liking most of them, honestly.

The only lines I very much dislike are Keldeo, The three genies, Slurpuff's, and Aromatisse's

Even the rest of the musketeers, although not very strong designs, have some good elements to them imo
>>
File: Munchlax.png (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Munchlax.png
38KB, 250x250px
As someone whose favorite Pokemon is Snorlax, I absolutely hate Munchlax.

My hate for Munchlax is so great that I believe that anyone who likes Munchlax actively hates Snorlax.
>>
>>28241634
Are you me?
>>
>>28239672
Who doesn't like ALMOST all of them?
>>
File: 250px-683Aromatisse[1].png (59KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-683Aromatisse[1].png
59KB, 250x250px
>>28241630

How do you hate this? It's adorable
>>
>>28241634
The only wrong things about munchlax are the 1% encounter rate after a day's wait, it not being available in later games before snorlax and 5 base speed
>>
The samefag genies.
>>
>>28241655
It would have been adorable without the giant diaper and twisted spine
>>
Hariyama
>>
>>28241698
I unironically think they're cool and never understood why people say they look bad
>>
>>28241511
I like Jynx for lore reasons. People mostly argue whether it's inspired by blackface or Ganguro, but I always thought of it as those legends of Nordic princesses with frostbitten black skin. Having been a kid when Gen 1 released, I thought Jynx was goofy and funny, and the idea of a Pokemon having huge tits tickled my 7-year-old mentality. So I think it gets a pass. I would like to see it get a skinny Alola Forme, though.

>>28241630
>>28241655
>>28241698

I like the Therian forms of Green and Blue, but Orange is really ugly. I think their Genie forms are kind of ugly, mostly the spire/tails. I love Slurpuff, it just looks so retarded and fun. That said, I can't get past Aromatisse's "diaper" motif. I know, it's supposed to be a can-can dancer or some pompom shit, who cares, it looks like a diaper.. I wasn't one of those memelords hoping we got a Fairy/Dark or Fairy/Poison plague doctor, but that doesn't mean I wasn't disappointed by this design.

>>28241634
I love Munchlax and Snorlax. I would probably put that line in my Top 10 Pokemon families in the entire series. What about Munchlax do you hate so much, and what makes you think it bastardizes Snorlax so bad?
>>
>>28239672
t. shill
>>
I'll post mine:

Sigilyph
Lickilicky
Cryogonal
Bewear
Sandcastle
The black blob with pink spikes
Pooplio
>>
File: Sandcastle-Pokemon-2.png (167KB, 686x495px) Image search: [Google]
Sandcastle-Pokemon-2.png
167KB, 686x495px
>>28241805
I like the sandcastle. It's preevolution is pretty cool too because it is a different take on a basic ghost and haunted castle.
>>
>>28241792
>if you don't actively dislike everything about your chosen hobby, you're a shill

>>28241805
>Sigilyph
My main problem is it lacks a evolutionary family. I think otherwise it's fucking great and I love how 'ancient' it feels.

>Lickylicky
Lickylicky is the perfect evolution of Lickitung. It's goofy, fat, and ridiculous. I think it's aesthetically one of the stronger Gen 4 cross-evos.

>Cryoganal
Eh, Cryogonal is a bit hard to defend. Kind of very bland. Just a bit below "middling".

>Bewear
I love Bewear. Really goofy design and the lore is hilarious. Hate the typing, though.

>Pallosand
Pallosand is unironically one of my favorite Pokemon this Gen. I get people hate it because 'it's a fucking sandcastle, GF must be out of ideas' but the idea of a grudge-like entity using its ability to possess humans to do something as trivial as build a sandcastle makes me laugh. Also this >>28241886

>Pyukumuku
Come on, this thing is cute as fuck. The mouth-hand has a lot of meme potential. Ability is a bit annoying.

>Popplio
Eh, it's kind of goofy. It would look better without its huge gaping mouth. Fortunately it evolves into a really solid mermaid design.
>>
File: Team_Plasma_Beartic_Adventures.png (129KB, 615x561px) Image search: [Google]
Team_Plasma_Beartic_Adventures.png
129KB, 615x561px
>>28239672
Pic related,Samurott, and Klinklang.
>>
>>28241976
Beartic is a great Pokemon who was bogged down by a shitty debut sprite.

Samurott is a fantastic Pokemon that people just dislike because it's a quadruped. I love it, though I will admit I love Dewott more.

Klinklang is an unfortunate mon who will forever be outshone by the Magne- line. It's also one of the earliest "Yo-Kai Watch" looking Pokemon, but since it obviously debuted 2-3 years earlier than Yo-kai Watch, it's probably pretty decent evidence that Pokemon designs aren't trying to copy YW.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 352x371px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 352x371px
>>28239672
I was just like you OP, but for some reasons, I do hate a lot of gen 7 mons and it's the first time I actually "Hate" or don't really like so many designs in a gen.
>>
>>28239898
>>28239820

luvdisc is useful for easy heart scales so I can't ever really hate it. It's mostly just there to me.
>>
>>28239672
I like most mons too. Except for Lanturn, Lucario, Keldeo, and the Pikaclones (except Dedenne) They can fuck right off.
>>
>>28241752
Want me to rant about my hate for Munchlax or do you want to stay on topic?

Munchlax is a bastardization of Snorlax to say the least and has no redeeming qualities. Let's leave it at that.
>>
File: 647Keldeo-Resolute.png (124KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
647Keldeo-Resolute.png
124KB, 431x431px
>>28239672
Literally everyone hates Keldeo

i kinda like it though
>>
>Lucario
>Probopass
>Rhyperior
>Vanillish line
>Absol
>Braixen and Delphox
>Litten3
>Alolan Meowth
>>
>>28242125
Same, gen 7 truly sucks design wise.
>>
File: Scalchoptraining.png (110KB, 730x680px) Image search: [Google]
Scalchoptraining.png
110KB, 730x680px
>>28242030
>Samurott is a fantastic Pokemon that people just dislike because it's a quadruped. I love it, though I will admit I love Dewott more.
Its nice to hear your thoughts of it. Im actually a fan of both Oshawott's evolutions, as Oshawott looked weird and non-threatening but it's evolutions flipped that feel and become pissed off sea mammals with warrior motifs which made me adore the whole line. A shame Dewott's furfag infested fanbase hindered my liking to it. I thought it looked really cool coming out of Oshawott, and Samurott felt like an extension of what made Dewott cool to me which is why I wasn't bothered by the structural change.
>>
>>28242395
Rant. I'm curious. I find it extremely cute.
>>
>>28242445
But I like Keldildo
>>
File: gwergfadgs.jpg (13KB, 105x222px) Image search: [Google]
gwergfadgs.jpg
13KB, 105x222px
Try even telling me what this things name is without looking it up.
>>
>>28242543
Chimecho, has one of the best cries
>>
Lopunny? Gardevoir?

I love you for liking all the Pokemon, the only designs I truly dislike are the genies, but honestly even they are growing on me slowly.
But honestly this gen is probably my least favorite, few of those mons seem truly interesting (only starters, Rockruff Vikavolt, Mimikyu and maybe something else)
>>
>>28242597
This. Fomantis and Bounsweet are among the deviantartest designs ever.
>>
>>28242543
Chimecho is one of my favorite pokémon design wise. Chingling, however, is a waste of space.
>>
>>28242461
>Lucario
I like it. It's a bit of a furfag Pokemon, but as a 13-year-old, I just thought Fight/Steel was a cool type combo.

>Probopass
Its windrose design is fantastic, and I like the typing.

>Rhyperior
Dislike this guy very much.

>Vanillish line
I love these guys. I want a Mega or Alola forme that makes it chocolate-shelled. I think people don't like it because "m-muh inanimate object!"

>Absol
Eh, it's okay.

>Braixen and Delphox
Ugly.

>Litten3
I love it. Absolutely love it. I can't wait to see its Z-move in action. I hope it takes out a chair and starts bashing heads. I get why this one has been so divisive, but I bet when we see it in motion, people will like it more.

>Alola Meowth
Smug as fuck.

>>28242543
Chimecho. I caught Chingling in Diamond and thought Chimecho must have been a Gen 4 Pokemon, even though I recall James having one in the anime. It's cute, don't remember it being very strong.

>>28242597
>Lopunny
I love Lopunny. I get that people hate it (and Gardevoir) because of Pokefuckers, but I just think the idea of a cute bunny fighter is great. I think its design is great, I just wish I could say I liked it without being labelled a Pokefucker. My girlfriend loves it and I've been trying to MM one for her.

>Gardevoir
Never been a fan.

>>28242646
>Fomantis

I like it. It's like those mantises that pretend to be flowers, but inverted. That's why it's so strange-looking--it's not a mantis, it's a flower.

Bounsweet is eh. Cute, I guess.
>>
>>28242646
Because they're at the bottom of their evolutionary family
>>
>>28242706
I hate fomantis, it doesn't even look like a mantis nor a flower and orchid mantis are among my favorite animals.
At least Lurantis looks good.
>>
Drapion?
Electrode?

>I love Lopunny
Awesome, I love it too since I started using it competetively.
>>
>>28242713
It doesn't justify anything. I usually enjoy first stages.
Bounsweet is just bland, but fomantis is litterally fakemon-tier.
>>
File: 1359159971176.png (921KB, 900x800px) Image search: [Google]
1359159971176.png
921KB, 900x800px
>>28242445
I also like Keldeo. Though I prefer its first form because it looks more like a hat. I can understand why people don't like it, especially during the time of its release, but I personally feel its a pretty nice and simple little water horse.

It also has really cool animations in the 3D games like the spinning handstand kick.
>>
I dare you to defend shitnaught
>>
>>28242838
>especially during the time of its release
Really? What happened?
>>
>>28242706
>Braixen and Delphox
>ugly
Wow rude.

Kidding.

I can respect that, even though they are probably my favorite line of starters. I have to wonder why, but I guess that wouldn't change much.
>>
>>28242789
Do people not like Drapion? I always thought he was a scary, well-designed Pokemon.

Electrode is actually one of my top favorite Pokemon. I used it to open competitively with Focus Sash Explosion.
>>
>>28242926
Just the timing got it a lot of comparisons to mlp and its fanbase and that certainly didn't help it here even though the games technically came out before it got big.
>>
>>28242706
>you like Lucario
opinion disregarded
>>
>>28242998
Sorry friend. I like the typing and I like the "aura" (though Fight/Psych would have made more sense) motif. I do dislike it for starting the "bipedal furbait edgemon" trend.
>>
File: Assuming Direct Control.jpg (32KB, 462x462px) Image search: [Google]
Assuming Direct Control.jpg
32KB, 462x462px
>>28242514
Let's start with the fact that it looks more like a garbage bag than trubbish, is a useless baby Pokemon that brings nothing other than aggravation for people who like Snorlax due to the fucking honey trees that teases "You like Snorlax, right? Well there are three randomly picked trees through out the world, and if you guess the tree correctly there's a 1% chance that you will get a fucking useless garbage bag that's supposed to be your favorite pokemon!". Oh and if you want to fill out your pokedex in other games you can't obtain them properly either you have to fucking breed a Snorlax by giving it a specific hold item that's useless for anything other than selling or breeding even more useless Munchlaxs! On the subject of being useless in Smash Bros it's even more useless than the Goldeen that flops around since Munchlax just sits on its fat, ugly, useless ass and only moves if there's food items around in which case it only eats them and goes back to being pointless. It doesn't even look like it's supposed to be the pre-evo of Snorlax, it's more like the designer tried to make a typical gen IV pokemon and realized "Hey, this pokemon is kinda similar to an already existing pokemon, let's make it its pre-evo!". It's about as cute as a garbage bag but unlike trubbish it doesn't have the excuse of being modeled after a garbage bag.

If you're wondering, yes I'm fucking pissed because just thinking about Munchlax makes my blood boil and here I have to actively think about it and focus on the things I hate about the piece of shit. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

I am a person who doesn't use the word hate lightly, since hate is a strong word that implies that you'd be willing to start a war over it and spill the blood of those who disagree with you. But I -hate- Munchlax.

This must be what autism feels like.
>>
>>28242942
I never really hated Drapion, but I'm not a fan either. I just started naming random mons at this point.
>>
>>28239759
>I think it's pretty ugly
can't be more uglier than the Mudsdale family
>>
File: download(347).png (328KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
download(347).png
328KB, 800x445px
>>28243048
>>
>>28239672
And? You ain't special faggot.
>tripfag
Well that explains why you think you are.
>>
>>28243048
Yeah that's what it feels like.
>>
>>28243048
Sounds like you just hate babymons and despise how Munchlax was handled in DPPt and basically being a pain in the ass for you attached to your bro.

Maybe using the one being given out in SM might curb that since I just can't see the trashbag look you say it has.
>>
Wormadam
>>
>>28243252
My hate for Munchlax is so strong... I will not pick up the SM games because it's being given out for free.
>>
>>28243048
>This must be what autism feels like.
i'm pretty sure it is
Munchlax >>> Snorlax anyway
>>
Mismagious
>>
>>28243358
Holy shit that IS how autism feels like.

Seriously it helps fix the problem of being a pain in the ass to get for the dex and makes it less useless since it's not a Snorlax with an insanely high BP move instantly and still needs to be leveled up to get said bonusus.

I think you really need to think over how mad a fucking pre-evo made you.
>>
Basculin
>>
Where's OP? I want to know the mon.
>>
>>28243968
I think he died of an aneurism from trying to think of some way to defend chesnaught
>>
>>28243048
I agree that 'baby' pokemon haven't been managed very well. I wish they'd just remove the incense breeding.

I also wish they'd actually put some of them out in the wild for us to catch, like Magby and Elekid in B2W2, that was really refreshing. They're a complete waste of time if their only purpose is to be eventually bred then immediately boxed after you've beaten the game. Pokemon like Sudowoodo are too strong to give to the player during the beginning of the game. Bonsly can serve a purpose like any other unevolved pokemon, they could be found in the wild to give you access to that pokemon at a later date. But they don't do that, they make them exceedingly rare, unavailable until postgame or only obtainable via breeding. Just fucking remove them if you never intend the player to ever use them.
>>
File: 2177184578_5b0e8e630e.jpg (75KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
2177184578_5b0e8e630e.jpg
75KB, 500x375px
>>28242773
>I hate fomantis, it doesn't even look like a mantis nor a flower
Fomantis is an orchid bud with sharp leaves posed like the arms of a mantis.
>At least Lurantis looks good.
Yeah. The imposter mantis.
>>
>>28239672
Just read the thread
You have a good taste, OP
>>
I just dislike Mankey. They seem like total assholes.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.