[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else confused with the existence of individual Z-moves?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: Z.jpg (35KB, 504x265px) Image search: [Google]
Z.jpg
35KB, 504x265px
Is anyone else confused with the existence of individual Z-moves?

I really dont get why they though something like that is necessary when we still know barely shit about general Z-moves.

Not to mention they had to create specific item for just a single Pokemon move and insert them in the games like we haven tgot enough items already. Then create a long-ass animation (seriously Snorlax Pancake takes about 30 seconds) which sounds like a huge waste of time and money GF should've been spending on some cool features or post game

Signature moves were always a thing but since you can use a Z-move once per battle and you need specific item on your specific pokemon to do that is it really worth it? Megas were pushing it, genearl Z-moves are psuhing it but this is just a whole new level of "whats the point"

It will probably make the games even easier and it smells like Yokai Watch soultimate moves for a mile
>>
Isn't the standard normal type Z-move an Extremespeed variation? I think snorlax would prefer that to what's probably an Explosion without fainting.
>>
Make sense to me.

Looks shit though. Megas were great and actually had an impact on battle, but this one and done deal seems pretty worthless for any reason but to look cool or emergency wallbreaking. Even then, I find the special title cards while using them tacky as fuck, it works in Inazuma Eleven as every single special skill has one and your special skills are a regular part of your arsenal you will regularly be using, but as it is it feels out of place and awkward.
>>
>>28235900
>we still know barely shit about general Z-moves

but Game Freak does. I don't see the problem. I can't imagine that making the Z-moves is taking up anywhere near the amount of time that having to create 721+ models for Pokemon in X and Y. And while Yokai Watch may have had a part leading to the creation of Z-Moves it's not like super moves are anything new to RPGs. Z-moves and soultimates serve different purposes and function differently. If Pokemon and Yokai Watch weren't direct rivals no one would even compare the two.
>>
>>28235900
Z-moves are something they give less important pokemon because they're too lazy to give everything a mega.

I prefer megas over this.
>>
>>28235900
Anyone else hoping that there's status z-moves? I think having z-moves be just "Huge damage attack" would get boring in the long run.
>>
>>28235993
But wouldnt it be easier to create a normal signature move instead of creating another broken thing that requires items and long pointless animations with special titles and trainer acting like dumbass?
>>
>>28235993
Unless they have some retarded effects like a non-removable +6 stat boost to your whole party, it's not going to do much to make old shitty Pokemon better either.
>>
>>28236000
me!! i really hope so dude, and i think there will be. i was talking to a friend about it and i thought it might be based on the move that you link it with, so like regirock with curse using a ghostium z makes a status z move
>>
>>28235974
I feel the same way. I also think Game Freak did this as an excuse to not give certain Pokémon Mega Evolutions. Since they already have to design Alolan forms why not make it easier by adding items you can slap onto a Pokémon to give it a special, more powerful move. I can wait to see people use these against Pokémon who have Protect or fly like moves.
>>
>>28235988
>I can't imagine that making the Z-moves is taking up anywhere near the amount of time that having to create 721+ models for Pokemon in X and Y.

You're talking about one move though when its pretty obvious there will be more than 20 already and thats probably just a tip f the iceberg
>>
>>28236013
*Can't wait
>>28235993
Glad someone else agrees
>>
Megas damaged competitive. Primal Reversions broke the competitive scene completely. I think Z-moves are supposed to be a counter to Primals, something to one-shot or severely cripple anything in the game.
>>
>>28236357
But how are they are a counter when both players get a z-move? The guy with the primal gets his primal and a z-move.
>>
>>28236357
So did weather (kind of). They fixed in Gen 6, I don't see why they wouldn't fix primals and the broken mega abilities.
>>
>>28236367
*Shrug*
I deeply worry that game freak will look to YGO's design philosophy: X is too strong? Just make the next thing stronger!
>>
>>28235993
>less important pokemon
>Snorlax
oh come on now
>>
>>28235900
>I really dont get why they though something like that is necessary when we still know barely shit about general Z-moves.
Because Gamefreak is lazy and thinking of a Mega is hard. Just give a Pokemon a one-time-use attack and call it a day
>>
>>28236000
I can already predict the status Z-moves will be the only good ones in the game provided the boost/recovery is actually significant. Glorified Giga Impact won't have much of an effect on the flow of the battle, but shit like a Geomancy clone could potentially turn a 1-6 sweep into a 1-0 victory.
>>
>>28235900
I'm with you. These "-lium Z" crystals seem stupid RIGHT after we just had the Mega Stone collect-a-thon.

Should've kept Z Crystals/moves to individual types, with maybe a physical/special variant for each.
>>
>>28235900
>seriously Snorlax Pancake takes about 30 seconds
I thought this was a huge exaggeration but it is actually 25 seconds between the character posing and the damage being dealt in the video...
Timer stall for Worlds 2017?
>>
>>28236533
It was a thing in the past with people purposely using Dive Balls since it took longer to send Pokemon out in them than any other ball
>>
>>28236533
You can only use one per battle, retard.
>>
I always thought there would be one z-move per type, and only pokemon that couldn't mega evolve would be able to use them. you know, so they wouldn't be completely useless.
but now that there's signature z-moves I don't know what to believe in anymore.
>>
File: image.gif (520KB, 302x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
520KB, 302x270px
>>28235900

>Yokai watch invented Character specific animation moves

Please kill yourself
>>
>>28236000
The whole point of Z-Moves is balance. They won't have added effects.
>having z-moves be just "Huge damage attack" would get boring in the long run
I guess that's why they're making these Pokemon-specific ones. Besides, you only get one per battle.
>>
File: 1325302478361.jpg (12KB, 201x152px) Image search: [Google]
1325302478361.jpg
12KB, 201x152px
>mfw every single Z-move will just be IT DOES 1 GABILLION DAMAGE O.O; XDDD
>none will have any unique or interesting battle properties
>>
>>28237920
What do you expect? Most of 4chan is currently too young to experience limit breaks, summons, transformations and so on.
>>
>>28238030
We had a thread yesterday for a Z-move as a way to get rid of Slaking's truant, or in theory, Regigigas' slow start. We had lots of ideas
>>
Fuck, you guys, I just realized something

Mirror Move
>>
>>28235900
I already think the animations are a waste of time and turn them off anyway. So that won't effect me at all.
>>
>>28238075
aren't VGC with animations on
>>
File: 1470610535114s.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1470610535114s.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>28238074
YOU FOOL, YOU'VE UPSET THE NATURAL ORDER.
>>
>>28238085
Well woopdedoo if I ever make worlds I'm sure I can stomach it for a while.
>>
>>28238074
Would be really cool if it worked. But I have a feeling GF will royally shit the bed and make it fail on Z-moves.
>>
>>28238127
I'm sure you can't sketch it either.
>>
>>28236357
>Primal Reversions broke the competitive scene completely
>legendaries matter to competitive

This is why you people are a joke.
>>
This is going to be the starters' secret.
>>
>>28235900
they want the Digimon audience.

I mean, even if you guys aren't BIG Digimon fans, you can probably think of your favorite Digimon and its signature attack. If you're a huge Digimon fan, probably dozens.
>>
>>28238216
Have you even seen VGC this year?
>>
>>28238311
>we want the 50 people who still care about digimon

No, it's more like they wanted a new gimmick to set itself further apart from the other games.
>>
>>28238349
>"""""competitive""""" format that allows for >700 BST legendaries
>>
>>28235974
>Worthless
-Golem used ground z-move
-Primal groudon fainted
>>
>>28238445
Yeah it's called ubers, which is an actual tier now.
>>
>>28235900
That has to be the most pointless and convoluted "big" battle mechanic they've introduced so far.

Megas were really simple, it was just bracelet/key stone + a pokémon that can mega evolve holding its mega stone = pokémon change forms and becomes stronger.

But here it's: a bracelet + a pokémon holding a Z-crystal (that could be either a basic one or a pokémon-specific one) while also knowing a move of that type = pokémon uses an OP move (OR change forms, if that's how Ash-Greninja works).

It's also important to note that some Z-moves are not only pokémon-specific, but also FORM specific, since Alolan Raichu can use Stoked Sparksurfer, but regular Raichu can't.

There's just too many layers of complexity for something that doesn't even look cool.
>>
>>28238492
The UI for it is overcomplicated, too. Half the bottom screen is taken up by a Z-move button, and after pressing it you get an overlay that replaces your 4 normal moves. Why would that happen if you only have 1 move to choose from and can only use it once per battle?
>>
>>28238445
>>28238491
The cult known as Smogon does not matter and is not official
>>
>>28238553
And the official format is a joke where literally every top team is exactly the same.
>>
File: mud slap.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
mud slap.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>28238486
>-Golem used ground z-move
>>
>>28235900
Does "Kanto pandering" answer your questions?

Because that's the only reason.
>>
>>28238492
do people forget it's once per battle or? you make it sound like you can use z-moves repetitive.
>>
>>28238744
>you make it sound like you can use z-moves repetitive
How? I only mentioned how much details, rules and exceptions the whole mechanic has, I never complained about the length of the move animations, the fact that it's basically a guaranteed OHKO, or anything of the sort.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.