[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about getting it for my collection, don't won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: Pokemon-Bank.jpg (69KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Bank.jpg
69KB, 640x360px
Thinking about getting it for my collection, don't won't to loose my mons if I loose my 3ds.

How safe is it? Anything I should know?
>>
>>28229036
>loose
>loose
>>
I like it, make transferring easy. I have a living Dex, and I've heard enough stories of pokemon games getting corrupted that I think this is safer myself
>>
>>28229044
Yeah, loose. You know, like if the screws become unfastened and the pieces fall out and become damaged, retard.
>>
File: 3008938-thumb-300xauto-2611241.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
3008938-thumb-300xauto-2611241.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
>>28229076
>>
Just hack your 3DS and backup your saves, scrub.
>>
File: pikajew.png (63KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
pikajew.png
63KB, 250x250px
Yes, yes.
Get the storage boxes for your digital monsters.

Its only $5, good goy!
>>
>>28229105
There's a pokebank alternative if you hack your 3DS. Although at that point, storing mons is redundant when it only takes a minute to inject em all.
>>
>>28229036
I store all my legendary/events in it, not bad.
>>
>>28229036

If you lose your 3ds you're still fucked because it's linked to the nnid
>>
>>28229036
If your account runs out it deletes ALL your pokemon, I lost almost 700 due to this fucking service
>>
>>28229156
I'm pretty sure it saved mine, I reupped my subscription after I let it run out.
>>
>>28229175

You have like a month to resub before they erase your account.
>>
>>28229156
Everyone I've seen who didn't resubscribe right away still had their Pokemon even after months.

I think deleting Pokemon is only something they do in a worst case scenario and they're running out of space; I don't think it's something they do regularly
>>
>>28229154
You can just call Nintendo and they'll transfer
>>
>>28229156
No it doesn't.

I used the free trial when it came out. I deposited a bunch of Pokemon and can still withdraw them after 2+ years without renewing. You just can't deposit and use the full features anymore.
>>
>>28229139
I've never used the homebrew Pokebank before, but it seems like it'd still just be easier to backup a save and drop it on a USB/Google Drive/HD, especially if this anon is concerned about loosing his 3DS.
>>
>>28229206
I left mine alone for like a year with no subscription and they didn't delete mine
>>
>>28229233
Easier said than done
>>
Thinking about it too, just to transfer all my shits to my most recent version. It's a pain in the ass to just trade them over.
>>
>>28229154
You can recuperate it but it's a fucking pain in the ass thanks to Nintendo's stupid account system

Basically you phone them and ask them to unlink the NNID from the old console for X reason then they ask you stuff about the account (your location, purchases, DOB, email) then you either have to provide the serial number of the new console or, the long way if you buy second hand and the serial is worn off, create a second NNID so the serial of your console get uploaded to their database and can finally link the old account with the new 3ds

Seriously, fuck Nintendo.
>>
it's 5 dollars, A YEAR
holy shit, it's that not much at all if it's just exists for convenience sake
>>
>>28229154
>>28229233
^ This is true. My 3DS was stolen several years ago, along with most of my pokemon games dating back to Platinum. As a result of this experience I now purchase all non-pokemon games as digital copies, which can be restored (sans save file) in the event of a theft.

Pokemon, however, is important enough to me that I want to play it safe, and I've heard horror stories of people who lost everything on their digital copies when transferring to a new 3DS or restoring backups.
>>
>>28229322
Seriously.

I wouldnt for a monthly fee, but for an annual subscription in single digits, why the fuck not.

Your money doesnt come with you when you die, but you sure as hell make sure your pokemon can safely come with you when you get a new game.
>>
>>28229036
it's safe and works great but I hate paying for it. should be free; the amount of data is ridiculously low.
>>
>>28229322
its not the cost. I could pay for all of /vp/'s bank for a year probably

I jus want to pay once. I don't want to be 80 years old and forget that I have to pay for Bank and I lose 70 years of progress

what a crock of shit
>>
>>28229156
hax better pkmn
>>
>there are people who actually forgot to pay and had their mons deleted
>when they told you upfront they'd delete your shit if you went too long without paying
>when it tells you every fucking time you use bank how long you have left on your subscription

I'd question how you faggots handle real bills with real consequences for not paying, but who am I kidding, you're all either underage or your mommy pays all your bills for you.

>b-but the pogeymanz barely take up any storage space, it's not even worth $5

And yet you chose to pay that first $5 knowing full well what would happen if you stopped paying. You only have yourself to blame. It's ironic that I have to say this about a video game for children, but grow the fuck up.
>>
>>28229548
I wish they would just send you an email before the time was up
>>
If you keep a living dex that includes alternate forms, you'll pretty much have to have a pokemon bank account when Sun and Moon come out. As things are, you'd fill 24 boxes and change before alternate forms, and thanks for space fillers like flabebe's line, unown, and vivillon (if you collect their alternate forms, too) you're looking at 27 or 28 total boxes completely full. Sun and Moon's dex would have to have like 90 pokemon total including alola forms to fit it all, which is unlikely.

Unless you keep it stored across multiple games, or they increase the total number of boxes by more than one or two.
>>
>>28230158
Good info
>>
>>28229493
You don't lose your Pokemon if you stop paying. Stop spreading misinformation.
>>
>>28229421

$5 a year is so hilariously cheap my man
>>
>>28230260
It isn't immediate, but if you wait too long after your subscription expires to renew, they can do it. Whether or not they do is spotty, it seems sometimes they're more lenient or just don't check often enough.
>>
>>28229105
I've hacked my 3DS and use PKHex and shit but I don't know how to backup my data
>>
>>28230317
JKSM
if you want a bank substitute you can also just use PHBank
>>
>>28229548
What kind of turbonerd actually leaves mons in bank? I use it only to transfer mons between games
>>
>>28230158
>counting space fillers like Unown and Vivillon
>27 or 28 boxes
You'd need dozens of thousands of carts and p-bank accounts for Spinda alone
>>
>>28229156
No it doesn't retard, I've had it run out on me twice back to back with no problems at all
>>
>>28230651
Spinda's a special case in my head
>>
>>28229154
Call Nintendo and get it unlinked, my old N3DS broke so I couldn't system transfer, so I called them and they were able to hep me unlink it
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.