[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haven't played through johto in a long ass time, should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

Haven't played through johto in a long ass time, should I do the originals or the remakes?
>>
>>28223431
Romhack originals.
>>
>>28223431
Go Crystal
>>
>>28223450
This.

If you only want the originals, then it depends. I still find Crystal to be the comfiest Pokemon game, but HGSS are certainly better from a technical point of view. When in doubt, go with the remakes.
>>
Is there a romhack that adds the removed areas back to Kanto?
>>
>>28223450
>>28223514
May I ask what you recommend? I wouldn't mind a decently difficult rom hack.
>>
>>28223431
Hgss
>>
>>28223431
Remakes. The best games in all Poke-History.
>>
>>28223431
both are perfectly fine, i prefer crystal tho
keep in mind that the remakes make more pokemon viable moveset-wise
>>
>>28223555
>>28223580
Yeah I was thinking that. I have both a copy of gold and SS but now some anons got me interested in romhacks.
>>
>>28223613
the battery on the gold cart is probably dead
>>
>>28223675
It actually works fine, I remember checking awhile ago. My yellow cart still works too, never had to change the battery once. In my ruby and sapphire the internal clock died but saves fine.I remember in the early 2000's I remember buying THREE copies if silver and a copy of crystal that all wouldn't save, later on someone gave me their copy of gold for free.
>>
I love the originals and remakes, tho Silver tends to win out just because comfy nostalgia graphics/music, plus I've plumbed the depths of that game so much I could finish it in my sleep. However, HGSS have the crazy-addictive Voltorb Flip game.
>>
Decided to go SS, I was a bit sad to see my file from release day with over 300 hours go but I'm happy to play through johto again.

My planned team
Cyndaquil (might not evolve it)
Ampharos(?)
Jumpluff
Quagsire
Heracross
Shuckle

Some gen 2 favs.
>>
>>28223431
Crystal. It has some of the best sprites in the franchise and it's probably the most forgotten main series game.
>>
>>28223431
romhack remakes, Storm Silver or Sacred Gold by Drayano
>>
File: Nah, dude.jpg (16KB, 296x333px) Image search: [Google]
Nah, dude.jpg
16KB, 296x333px
>>28224276
>(might not evolve it)
>>
>>28224276
Swap Heracross and Shuckle with Espeon and Togekiss and that's my exact HG team
>>
>>28224454
I really like cyndaquil, quilava and typlosion are just okay in my opinion. Not like pokemon is a hard game, might be kinda fun.
>>
>>28223546
Storm Silver. Or Liquid Crystal, but IIRC Storm Silver is harder.
>>
>>28224645
I don't agree
>>
wait for the vc originals release.
Remakes are... not exactly that great.

Totodile best starter.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.