[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me or do hazards seem a bit OP? There's only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (21KB, 251x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 251x200px
Is it just me or do hazards seem a bit OP? There's only a handful of Pokemon that know rapid spin and even though Defog has a big distribution it's impossible to obtain it in gen VI. I'll never be able to run Defog on Latias which is super frustrating.
>>
>>28219420
Which is exactly why you always bring a taunt or magic bounce man to prevent the spread of things like smogon rocks.
>>
>>28219420
You do not want a free switching meta.
>>
>>28219447
But if I predict wrong with taunt I'm fucked. Plus there isn't a plethora of magic bounce users and what if I don't wanna use those Pokemon with magic bounce? Hazards should either be nerfed or there needs to better Defog distribution or a new type of entry hazard removal move>>28219447
>>
>>28219467
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>28219499
There are enough. Xatu is a bouncer along with espeon and mega-sableye. Stop being so picky.

And learn how to predict well. It is pretty obvious which mons set up entry hazards. Go on a site such as serebii or bulbapedia and find out who has access to it. There is no need to nerf meme rocks if you learn how to handle them.

TL;DR stop being such a faggot and learn how 2 deal with em.
>>
File: 1383593279044.jpg (64KB, 212x212px) Image search: [Google]
1383593279044.jpg
64KB, 212x212px
Hazards in general don't need to be nerfed, it's stealth rock specifically that need to be nerfed. Who the fuck decided a one turn set up move that gets to completely fuck over anything weak to rock was a good idea?
>>
I got a Braviary with defog while soaring in ORAS, so it's not impossible to get.
>>
>>28219742
shhh they just want to complain about something that is soo easy to deal with
>>
The moves with the most nonsensical distribution are Toxic and Stealth Rock

Prove me wrong
>>
They can solve this by making Defog a TM again or making it a move tutor move
>>
>>28219420
still waiting for Soul Dew to be unbanned in Gen 6 GameFreak
>>
>>28219757
Oh shut up it's not that I can't deal with it its that it was executed piss poor. That's m problem you idiot
>>
>>28219805
Exactly I checked the battle mason tutors and I was pissed that Defog wasn't on the list
>>
>>28219834
Never ever. 50% boost in so Attk and sp def with no penalties is too stronk
>>
>>28220039
still lame tho, Soul dew Latios was much better than mega latios
>>
>>28219848
Well if you can deal with it then stop whining like a little bitch. I swear you people will complain about anything. Man the fuck up and learn to adapt.
>>
>>28220159
It kills me too but it really is too over powered. Especially since it makes it stronger then their megas
>>
Stealth Rock was a mistake.
A single layer can break Multiscale, Sash, and even take up to half a pokémon's HP upon entry.
Who thought of this?
>>
>>28220483
I'm fine with that actually but it should only do 1/8th of damage on the switch in not dwindle hp to half even if the Pokemon is weak to rock it's just stupid
>>
>>28219722
this, spikes and toxic spikes were enough and balanced by the ability to get rid of them with steel/poison mons + having to be stacked multiple turns for significant effects

who the FUCK thought 25 to 50% damage on any mon with x typing for one turn of setup was a good idea?
>>
>>28219694
pretty much all games would be twice as long
>>
Keep scaling of damage to typing
Cut damage of meme rock by half
Now sr/spikes is a choice of hitting flying/levitate vs more consistent damage against eligible targets
Add other type traps, Electric is a pretty obvious one
>>
>>28220616
I disagree with that. People would need to predict switches better and it would significantly cripple stall teams
>>
>>28219742
>>28219757
>>28220165
ah yes, braviary can totally be fit on a serious OU team just because it can learn defog. Have you ever played competitive?
>>
>>28220701
This to be quite frank. And the only good magic bounce users are sableye and diancie so what the fuck.
>>
>>28220165
Why are you so mad
>>
>>28219722
it's to make sure mr smogon bird and charizard fags get BTFO'd hence this post
>>
File: (you).gif (443KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
(you).gif
443KB, 480x238px
>>28222381
>mr smogon bird and charizard fags

all i hear out of your mouth is
>HURRDURR I'M A BITTER CONTRARIAN HIPSTER KEK MEME ROCKS 4 LIFE

here's your (you), faggot.
>>
they need to do a complete overhaul of entry hazard damage AND removal
>>
>>28220541
Yeah this. Breaking full HP is normal, reducing HP to half is OP as fuck.
>>
>>28220701
It can if only you could git gud
>>
>>28223090
>lol he doesn't know how to play the pokemans better tell him to git gud

fuck off. its not as simple as getting good its a broken strategy you dense idiot
>>
Lol scrubs complaining about Stealth Rocks.
>>
>>28223359
i'm not complaining about stealth rocks im complaining about the lack of entry hazard removal distributed to literally a handful of pokemon
>>
desu sneaky pebbles should do ≈30% HP at most
>>
>>28223502
They should only act as slight damage move not being based at all on type weakness like spikes.
>>
>>28219467
I guess the problem is that is 6 x 6
>>
>>28219722
Stealth rock was probably the worst of the entry hazard.

Yes lets release an attack that does free damage based on health percentage and weakness.

SR is one of the reasons why I don't run Charizard in fucking competitions.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.