[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's a lot of things people claim to absolutely despise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1462905355400.png (388KB, 897x354px) Image search: [Google]
1462905355400.png
388KB, 897x354px
There's a lot of things people claim to absolutely despise now that it's gone that honestly never felt like a big deal to me.

Never really felt like the chibi models of Gen 6 were bad, and the sprites in 3D overworld for Gens 4 and 5 look fine to me too.

Models vs sprites for battles isnt a big deal to me either, some got fucked by models hard and some got better.

One thing I REALLY dont get the super hate for is the circles under pokemon. It's cool they were gone but I have never once cared, outside liking how the ones in BW2 had more detail.

I'm sure you guys have similar things you're mainly neutral on as well
>>
>>28210500
>One thing I REALLY dont get the super hate for is the circles under pokemon

I complained about this since XY were announced and I'm fucking glad it's gone. It works fine in 2D games but in 3D it just looks retarded. Especially the way the circle magically spawns when the Pokemon gets sent out.

I agree with your other points
>>
>>28210500
Is there an option to disable/unequip the roller skates?

I hate how they are mapped to the circle pad.
>>
I prefer the chibi models, actually
>>
>>28210629
There wasnt. That was pretty shit. Ended up playing a lot of Y with the Dowsing Machine on.

>>28210867
I'll have to see how the game looks in my hands before I say which I really prefer. The only problem I had with XY related to that was the camera was too zoomed in on your character.
>>
>>28210574
I didnt even mind the magical spwn to be honest. Though it sometimes clashed too much with the rest of the map I suppose
>>
I despised the chibi models.

The new overworld really riles up my sense of adventure and makes me want to explore, unlike the crappy overworld of X/Y/OR/AS
>>
I'm not an artist and I kinda like the chibi style, but it's clearly the cheapest way to go
>>
>>28211637
Sometimes it's a scale thing. I remember reading that Phantom Hourglass started out as a regular proportioned game, but the scale of Link led to an overworld scale they really didnt like (for a screen that size, is my guess) and they ended up going with chibi.
>>
>>28210500
I hope the camera isn't as fucking awful as Lumoise City was. Fuck that place.
>>
>Forward facing buildings

ORAS of course had to fucking remake this limitation of sprites in 3D for some reason.
>>
>>28211754
Ive never minded this but it was nice to see them move away from this since HGSS had a few side entrances and then Unova had a tonne.

Tecnically, much of Mallvile is side entrances
>>
>>28210500
I miss chibi models already. Introduced and gone too fast. Wished we got one more gen with it at least.
>>
>>28212596
I hope the games dont feel the need to "top" itself every time and just find a good consistent art style to continue with.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.