[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what are the thoughts/theories/comments on Z moves? Idk how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: pulverisingpancake.jpg (14KB, 400x235px) Image search: [Google]
pulverisingpancake.jpg
14KB, 400x235px
So what are the thoughts/theories/comments on Z moves? Idk how long they've been made known, but I just found out today from the new trailer.

Personally I hope Z moves are like an extra slot, since you only get one use per battle. I.E. I hope that you still get 4 moves as well as a Z move. Considering you have to take up your hold item slot AND have to have a move of the same type as the Z move, I think its the least they can do.
>>
So far most of them just look like really hard hitting attacks. I hope they try to incorporate more different types of moves, like status or stat buff/debuff ones too. Like have a Z move that raises your attack 4 stages or a status move that inflicts status on multiple pokemon, just thinking at the top of my head
>>
>>28208304
They work like mega evolution. You can only use a single z-move per fight, and it requires a held item. In the attack select screen it shows a button similar to the mega evolution button to trigger the z-move.

In addition to the mon specific z-moves, there is a generic z-Crystal for each type. In order to use a z-move a Pokemon must be of the correct species, OR with the generic crystals they must have a move that shares a type with the crystal.

If one of the leaks is to be believed, Z-crystals use the same button to activate as mega evolution does, and you cannot both use the same cool down, so you can't use both a Z-move and a mega. Take that with a grain of salt though.
>>
File: 1472781295539.png (315KB, 839x648px) Image search: [Google]
1472781295539.png
315KB, 839x648px
>>28208395
>Garchomp Z-Crystal that function as two DDs in one
>>
>>28209312
>z-crystal
>anything but genwun
Choose one.
>>
>>28211837
I'm sure a Gen VII mon will get an exclusive z-crystal. Probably a legendary though.
>>
>>28208304
>I.E. I hope that you still get 4 moves as well as a Z move

It's confirmed to work like this already. Watch the gamescom demo.
>>
>>28208304
Hoping the Snorlax one is just particularly powerful and they arent all that strong.
>>
>>28208304
what is going on with alola and pancakes?
>>
I have a theory. SM is gonna focus on type based Z-stones. But a revisit to Alola in 1-2 years would focus on several more Pokemon who would have their own Z-moves like Snorlax.

I think Snorlium Z and Raichuliam Z are a preview for a lot more Pokemon who get their own Z-moves in the next Alola game. I feel that there will be at least a few more Pokemon in SM who get their own Z-moves.

Like how XY introduced Mega Evolution and ORAS went deep into it's origins.

One thing I definitely think is that GF is trying HARD to make it up to Snorlax for not getting a mega.
>>
>>28211892
Yeah, just like we did with mega evolutions, right?
>>
>>28211837
>Z-Crystal
>Gen 1
>Munchlax Event
Is this some new meme?
>>
>>28212523
Yes, exactly like Diancie.
>>
Here's my thoughts on it pls no bully

>>28212309
>>28212320
>>28212352
>>28212366
>>
>>28212605
Except the special Z crystal is for snorlax not munchlax
>>
I'm not a fan of exclusive Z moves. They might as well make Aeroblast, Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Bolt Strike, Blue Flare, and those charge up ice attacks which nobody uses exclusive Z moves too.
>>
>>28208304
here's my theory:
we can have a Mega and a Z-move in the same battle
>>
>>28212983
And?
>>
>>28213104
And Snorlax is a Gen 1 mon
>>
>>28213133
But Munchlax is a Gen 4 mon?
>>
>>28213045
Megas are gone and done. Stop clinging to it.
>>
>>28213157
But as I said, they're giving the Z crystal to a Gen 1 mon ( Snorlax ) and not a Gen 4 ( Munchlax )
Which means that it seems that the other anon's post is correct so far
>>
>>28208304
I hate them.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.