[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, am I the only one who noticed that every single pokemon that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: bellsprout2.png (483KB, 731x548px) Image search: [Google]
bellsprout2.png
483KB, 731x548px
So, am I the only one who noticed that every single pokemon that gets a new Alola form is a gen 1 pokemon, and Gamefreak is gen 1 pandering, again?
>>
File: HNI_0095.jpg (35KB, 481x637px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0095.jpg
35KB, 481x637px
>>28203851
OH BOY

WE SURE NEEDED ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THIS
>>
File: 1458410096885.png (8KB, 494x376px) Image search: [Google]
1458410096885.png
8KB, 494x376px
>>28203851
Why's it matter? Yes, it'd be nice to see other gen Pokemon with Alola forms, but this is fine.

They're basically improving upon the gen I Pokemon's designs by giving them Alola form to make them interesting. I'm all for doing that.
>>
>>28203851
Two for three, on my count
>>
>>28203905
Is this bait?
>>
>>28203851
duuuuh really?
>>
File: HNI_0088.jpg (60KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0088.jpg
60KB, 640x640px
>>28203977
>he realizes that pokemon from other regions aren't getting alolan forms and accepts that
>'He must be baiting!'
>>
>>28203851
20 years boi

Gen 1 pandering to get their money, kids who were 5-15 during that age, the company wants them to play the games again and if they have kids then get it for them.

Business 101 gen 1 honey lure
>>
>>28204016
But now you're just baiting.

How does any discussion ever get done on this board?
>>
I'm dissapointed that no gen 7 Pokemon has an alola form
>>
File: HNI_0036.jpg (22KB, 431x350px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0036.jpg
22KB, 431x350px
>>28204053
How am I baiting?

You realize that only Gen 1 Pokemon are getting forms and not everyone is triggered about that?
>>
File: 1458153806140.png (292KB, 800x718px) Image search: [Google]
1458153806140.png
292KB, 800x718px
>>28203977
Not at all. I just feel that getting pissed off about it really isn't worth it. I really don't care if they do stuff with the Gen I Pokemon.

The only reason people seem to have an issue is because it means less of a chance for their favorite Pokemon to get some treatment or exposure.
>>
>>28204112
He's baiting because he's saying alola forms improve gen 1 Pokemon. That's subjective and they aren't improving, they're giving an alternative. Nobody is retarded enough to say they're making gen 1 Pokemon "interesting" as if they aren't already.

You're baiting because nobody's retarded enough to think my issue is anything to do with the gen the Pokemon come from.
>>
>>28204173
People are pissed off because you have 750+ candidates for new forms and they're restricting themselves to gen 1.

Only reason they would do that is appealing to nostalgia which is fine but ONLY sticking to gen 1 is wasting a massive amount of potential.

My favourite is Beedrill but that doesn't mean I'm not irritated that Linoone was probably never even considered.
>>
Game Freak finally fixing its ho-hum Generation I designs. About time.
>>
>>28204112
What do you xant to do against this gen 1 pandering ?
>>
>>28204178
>You're baiting because nobody's retarded enough to think my issue is anything to do with the gen the Pokemon come from.

That's some people's main issue, though.

They're afraid of the, 'genwun boogyman,' ruining Sun and Moon.
>>
File: u wot.png (481KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
u wot.png
481KB, 720x540px
>>28204224
>ho-hum
>barring Exeggutor, every changed design was pretty solid before the change
>>
>>28204219
One can make the argument that the Pokemon most in need of restructuring and rekindling interest are the ones that have been around for twenty years.
>>
>>28204230
I don't really care. What really matters is the quality of the design.

I mean, I'd love if Murkrow or Ninjask got forms, but that isn't happening.
>>
>20th Anniversary
>Thinking Game Freak wouldn't focus on the first generation.

I also love how shitposters focus on the "pandering" when Sun and Moon are shaping up to be so fucking different from the original games in terms of actual mechanics and focus. No gyms, visible trainers during battles, HMs seem to be getting phased out entirely in favor of riding Pokemon / soaring, creative shit with transformations/forms, etcetera.

But no, because Alola forms are all Kanto Pokemon, the games are JUST "genwun pandering".
>>
>>28204249
I never said anything about that, he had no reason to act like I did. I thought it was bait because he was acting like Alola forms are just improving old Pokemon.

>>28204299
They could but that'd be retarded considering gen 1 is already shoved in our faces so much more often than gen 2 or 3 which have been around for a long time but haven't got a large amount of megas, exposure to the anime, or been straight up given to us (Johto starters and Lapras in X/Y for example.
>>
>>28203851
You are a genius man
>>
>>28203851
It took you this long to notice?
>>
it's because the postgame will let you go to kanto to catch their non-alolan counterparts

gen 8 will have altered johto pokemon, gen 9 will have altered hoenn pokemon, and so forth

they skipped Z for this
>>
>>28204219
shut the fuck up. gen 1 is superior.

pokemon go is proof enough that gen 1 is what sells. The real shame is that they're ruining perfectly good gen 1 designs by tacking on shitty gen4+ details.
>>
No, you're just the only one who cares.
>>
>>28203851
>am I the only one who
No. Now fuck off.
>>
>>28203851
>am I the only one
Yes, you are!!!!!! Thank you for imparting your endless, bountiful wisdom and skilled observation upon us.
>>
>>28206351
If Gen 1 Pokemon were so good, they wouldn't need to change them. Even lore-wise they were so shitty that they had to change to even survive.
>>
>>28203851
Because Pokémon is running out of ideas and losing popularity, and pandering to nostalgiafags is the only way to make this garbage sale.
>>
>>28204382
>He said his opinion so h-he must be baiting!!
>>
>>28206425
>If Gen 1 Pokemon were so good, they wouldn't need to change them
You're absolutely fucking right, they don't need to change them. That's why megas are pretty much being retconned, and so will these abominations.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.