[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What precisely is Skarmory doing differently when it uses Steel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: latest[1].jpg (55KB, 535x652px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
55KB, 535x652px
What precisely is Skarmory doing differently when it uses Steel Wing from when it uses Wing Attack?
>>
In one it attacks with steel, in the other it attacks with wing
>>
It steels.
>>
Wing Attack = the bottom red wings
Steel Wing = the upper steel wing
>>
>>28203883
But it's wing is steel
>>
>>28203848

It's Pokémon, it's retarded.

It's how a Normal-type Slash attack with claws doesn't hurt Ghost-types because it "phases through" but Dark-type Biting attack is somehow super effective.
>>
>>28203898
The red is just red painted steel
>>
Steel wing is when it uses more energy to attack and has more power because of it, but less accuracy than your regular wing attack which uses less energy and less power.

Duh.
>>
>>28203883
>with wing
>>
Not much, but it might steel wing.
>>
File: fu7uhw[1].jpg (10KB, 168x227px) Image search: [Google]
fu7uhw[1].jpg
10KB, 168x227px
>>28203848
>What precisely is Skarmory doing differently when it uses Steel Wing from when it uses Wing Attack?

You know what that's an excellent fucking question.
>>
>>28203883
>with wing
>with wing
>with wing
>>
>>28203848
More effort in exchange for less percision
>>
>>28203934
Where did it find the paint and how did it apply it on itself ?
>>
>>28203848
It doesn't learn Wing Attack you idiot
>>
>>28203848
Wing Attack
>The target is struck with large, imposing wings spread wide to inflict damage.
Steel Wing
>The target is hit with wings of steel.

Wing Attack is a clothesline, Steel Wing is more of a bitchslap.
>>
>>28203928

Personally I think the thing that makes dark type moves dark type is that they usually have some evil or bad intent behind them; biting and crunching on people is genuinely considered to be a dirty blow. Maybe thats why ghosts are affected by dark attacks? They can sense the evil intent in each strike? I don't know, just speculating.

Also, to my knowledge, a pokemon would typically do that white glowy thing they do when they use harden to their wings, which means steel wing likely works by the user hardening their wings and then going in for a fierce blow. Yes, I know the anime doesn't particularly always make sense, but at least for this, it seems to be fine.
>>
>>28204022
Pokeballs are obviously painted so it crashed into the paint room of the factory
>>
>>28204040
Okay, well, Lairon Headbutt vs Iron Head. Or Bisharp Slash vs Metal Claw.
>>
>>28203848
Its a silly question. Its the same thing pokemon can use Megapunch and bullet punch..
The elemental energy used is diferent.
>>
>>28204044
>>Personally I think the thing that makes dark type moves dark type is that they usually have some evil or bad intent behind them; biting and crunching on people is genuinely considered to be a dirty blow. Maybe thats why ghosts are affected by dark attacks? They can sense the evil intent in each strike? I don't know, just speculating.

That is fucking stupid
>Intend to decapitate foe
>Guillotine doesn't affect Gengar..
>intend to rant and complain about stupid shit
>Snarl is super effective! Gengar fainted!

Special Attacks kind of get a pass since of course Thunderbolt is different from Flamethrower and Psychic and shit, but iff you read the descriptions, there's no reason for Mega Punch and Dynamic Punch or Tail Slap and Aqua Tail or Headbutt and Head Smash or and Night Slash Slash to have different types.
>>
>>28203986
>>28203934
>>28203883
Have you ever thought of this?
It does not learn wing attack
>>
>>28204107
>Okay, well, Lairon Headbutt vs Iron Head.

Not the same Anon, but consider the following:

ARON learns headbutt at level 7 and doesn't learn Iron Head until about level 22- Therefor we can assume that Aron simply isn't HARD enough to do Iron Head and needs to stick to plain old ordinary headbutt until it's body becomes more metallic as it matures.

> Bisharp Slash vs Metal Claw.

I'd also argue that in that instance at least this would be an example of technique vs skill, I.E: Bisharp mauls you with it's Metal Claws vs taking a precise calculated slash at you with it's blade-hands.
>>
>>28204167

I mean if you want to be a fucking cockmunch about it, dark type moves are just "dirty" normal/fighting moves. Simple as that. There's no real reason for them to be effective against ghosts other than balancing, I was just trying to rationalize this obvious fact.

>Also, did you just fucking say that Aqua Tail and Night Slash should be the same type as fucking headbutt? Are you smoking some shit you bought from a nigga behind the pharmacy?
>>
>>28204306
>>28204040
DEEPEST LORE
>>
>>28204042
It doesn't specify how it hits it, just that its hit.
It could just be wing attack again but with steel wings
>>
>>28204358
>what is reading comprehension
>>
Don't know, I'm not really familiar with 3rd generation
>>
>>28203848
it's not a valid question in the first place. your question is rooted in realistic approaches when truly only the game mechanics matter.

>wing attack (flying move)
>steel wing (steel move)

what does it do differently?
perform two different moves that have different accuracy and damage output and also both different types.
>>
>>28203910
moon is clouds
dragon that clouds
>>
>>28203928
>tfw Bite used to be a normal move

did flinching bullshit even exist in Gen 1? I don't even remember.
>>
>>28205249
wut
>>
>>28205269
Yes. Rock Slide could cause flinching, I know because my brother had a high level Golem that outsped my Slowbro and would make it flinch.
>>
>>28203848
Each attack, even the physical ones, has an "aura" around it and that aura depends on the type of the attack itself, like in the anime you see claws, horns ecc glowing with the color of the type of the attack used
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.