[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember how everyone thought Johto starters will get megas in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

Remember how everyone thought Johto starters will get megas in Sun and Moon

Well with the recent reveals and Alola forms im starting to believe we can forget about it. We do know that Charizard (poke ride) and Blastoise (fire truck) are in Alola so it pretty obvious we'll get Kanto starters AGAIN and they'll most likely will get Z-moves for them (Charizard probably few because why not right?)

RIP Johto starters megas
>>
File: ask.jpg (20KB, 480x255px) Image search: [Google]
ask.jpg
20KB, 480x255px
Do they really need megas? Typhlosion and Feraligtr are already beasts in the competitive scene and meganium is a nice special tank. I think they are just fine in their pure forms.
>>
>>28201118
>implying they won't get Alolan forms or some other special treatment instead

All three fit the climate and look of Alola perfectly, they'll get something.
>>
>>28201415
>Typhlosion and Feraligatr are already beasts
literally wat

They're both average, at best. At the end of the day, Feraligatr is just a poor man's Gyarados and Typhlosion's Eruption spam is shut down by priority.

Also,
>meganium being nice at anything

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>28201118
>Ferligatr becomes a fire/water type due to volcanic material polluting his streams
>Typhlosion becomes a Fire Fairybecause it ate too many pancakes
>Meganium becomes a poison type due to it's salt after having it's leaves picked off by foreigners
>>
>>28201498
They're decent. UU viable for both, if you're getting all Smogony. If a Pokemon is only "bad" because another one is better at our job then that's not really bad
>>
File: mwe.jpg (35KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
mwe.jpg
35KB, 500x281px
>>28201498
I bet you only use a team with the genies, talon flame, greninja and (insert generic, overused mega*kang* here)

Learn to experiment a little. Typhlosion is a beast with some support in doubles/triples/rotation. Though I can admit it can be tricky to use in singles.

>tfw you will never get walled by a full stall meganium

No one expects meganium to do aything which is exactly why I use it. They don't know what's coming. The element of surprise always works in battle
>>
>>28201415
Typhlosion is mediocre and has been from the day it was introduced.
Meganium isn't even worth talking about because it's so bad

The only one that's worth shit is Feraligatr and that's only with its hidden ability.
>>
>>28201498
Sheer force fixed gatrbro
But I'll agree meganium needs help and thyphlosion is horrible but isn't great either
>>
OP is pathetic.
>>
>>28201628
Isn't horrible* woot phones
>>
>>28201598
>Typhlosion is a beast with some support in doubles/triples/rotation.
The problem there being that whatever Typhlosion and does nearly any other fire type can do better.

And the reason no one expects Meganium is because it's so terrible. Nearly every well made team packs a good hard counter for it. It's essentially bringing a water gun with you to fight in a war.
>>
>>28201448
Alola forms are gen 1 only, at least so far but its third reveal in a row and gen one is the only group of mons that get them
>>
I'm expecting it as postgame content. Also follows the trend perfectly where the Sinnoh starters can then get Megas in a remake.

If anything, and I hope this isn't the case, they'll move to giving Starters special "Z-Stones" instead.
>>
>>28201561
>UU viable for both
LOOOOOL
feraligatr maybe, still outclassed by gyarados and crawdaunt
typhlosion is absolute shit since day 1
>>
File: 1468620025038.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468620025038.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>>28201415
>Typhlosion and Feraligtr are already beasts in the competitive scene
>>
>>28201674
But what if your opponent relies on fire to beat you? Can't you say that you prepared for the worse and end completely annihilating them?
>>
>>28201415
>>28201561
>UU
>Good
good one
>>
>>28201680
I'm banking on it being MOSTLY Gen 1 but there's really no reason it can't be other Gens. What, only Kanto Pokemon migrated to Alola and acclimated to their new environment? Seems weird.
>>
>>28201700
>Also follows the trend perfectly where the Sinnoh starters can then get Megas in a remake.
You say that as if there's a trend.
There isn't.
>>
>>28201705
I thought Typhlosion was better. I literally never use it and just guessed desu
>>
>>28201710
Don't even start with this "le epic reddit screencap" shitposting nonsense.
>>
>>28201721
UU>OU
>>
>>28201118
>RIP megas
Fixed
>>
>>28201717
You don't know much about Pokemon do you.
>>
>>28201735
Chandelure, Mega Camerupt, Mega Houndoom, even fucking Delphox does the same shit but better.
>muh fast Eruption
literally just use any of the many aqua jet users in UU
>>
>>28201765
He clearly doesn't
>>
>>28201118
plz no.

Meganium is still one of my favorite grass starters.
>>
>>28201561
>Giving a fuck about Smogay
>>
>>28201731
Maybe "aesthetically satisfying" is a better way to put it. Going back 5 Gens then forwards 2, then going back 5 Gens then forwards 2 again to patch in the hole. Bear in mind that giving two specific generations of Starters something the others wouldn't get would be incredibly odd and also bear in mind that a DP remake is probably inevitable.
>>
>>28202023
DP remake will definitely happen. Only question is when. I mean, the only way it wouldn't happen is if Pokemon as a brand died, but with the sudden splurge in normies playing Pokemon GO ("I never said it wasn't cool, anon! Pokemon is awesome and I always was a fan! Don't you remember?"), I doubt that's ever gonna happen. Unless, of course, they'd migrate to mobile only.

>Experience the new Shiny Pearl and Bright Diamond paid DLC for Pokemon GO, goy!
>>
>>28201415
Are you high? Feraligatr is overshadowed by gyarados and Typhlosion is RU where he's the inferior choice to Delphox. I like Typhlosion and Meganium but yeah they need some love
>>
>>28201118
Johto a shit
>>
>>28201118
Mega Meganium or Alolan Meganium would really cute and fitting for the region, I wouldn't give up hope yet.
>>
>>28201601
>>28201705
>Typhlosion bad since G/S/C
>not knowing/remembering Typhlosion had special Thunder Punch for coverage and EQ was viable under gen 1/2 EV system
Game Freak fucked up and neglected to give it new coverage moves to make up for changed mechanics giving it the shaft
>>
>>28202389

>Ru

Why would I care about some smogon fags opinion? You people are cancer.
>>
>>28202389

>they need some love

They are perfectly fine as is. Perhaps expand their movepools a bit (this is done somewhat naturally as new moves are introduced), and that's enough. Not every pokémon should be used competitively, because they're designed for different purposes. They should design them for in game purposes first (and it's clear they do so), and not listen to anyone who wants to "give my bro(s) some love". This is mostly because everyone wants their pokémon to get buffs, and this in turn leads to a massive clusterfuck where everything gets worse. What if Gyarados is better, use Gyarados then. Some pokémon are designed to be better than others.

There are some genuinely faulty movesets out there where pokémon can't learn moves that should be obvious, Power Gem is an obvious example, so I would rather the at times retarded gameplay designers over at GF spent some time fixing that than focusing on these pointless balance fixes.
>>
Honestly I don't think the Johtos getting megas and Kantos getting alola forms/z moves would be mutually exclusive..I for one hope we get both
>>
>>28201861
You're not alone anon
>>
>>28201738
shitty opinions are not deserving better
>>
>>28201598
Avatarfagging is against the rules friendo
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.