[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon really is trying to cash in on Yokai watch, no, i'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: cute-pokemon-wallpaper-picture.jpg (616KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cute-pokemon-wallpaper-picture.jpg
616KB, 1920x1080px
Pokemon really is trying to cash in on Yokai watch, no, i'm not doing the le hurr durr be grateful for what we have meme, I'm genuinely serious.

I love both series, but the recent updates and trailers to pokemon worry me, they've clearly seen yokai watch's success and want to cash in.

Z moves = Soulitmates. Exactly the same thing, right down to the silly little video before the attack with the name at the bottom.

Colour swaps. Yokai watch is notorious for having 2 of the same species with different colours, and now we've got that with alola forms.

Questlines - Speaks for itself.

I don't want a rip off of a game to be the basis for another game to rip off. Why can't pokemon just do it's thing, it shouldnt have to try and garnish Yokai watch players by taking aspects as their own.

Instead of two unique games we end up with 2 bland messes that feel sorta repetitive.
>>
>alola forms = color swaps
>i don't know what a color swap is
>>
>>28199622
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuKzt7p-MnM
>>
>>28199665
Okay, yes, they change a little bit. A little bit.
They're still the same pokemon with a palette swap beneath, what? A bit of fluffy fur, an extra whisker, a type change. (Just like in yokai watch, wow, gasp!)
>>
>>28199622
>I love both series
>Loving Yo-Kai Shit

kek
>>
Even the design of Crabrawler looks more like a Yokai than a Pokemon, please line it up with some Yokais and tell me you can spot the difference.
>>
>>28199710
>moving the goalposts
kys
>>
>>28199710
We don't blame God for palette swapping real life animals do we?
So shut the fuck up.
>>
>>28199622
I've never played Yokai Watch so I don't know really anything about it. But I have to say that if I don't enjoy Sun/Moon I'll be taking a break from the franchise until there's a region I actually like. I can't stand tropical/hot weather, but I love the idea of alolan forms and a kind of homage to Darwin.

But I think I'm the minority. I used to love video games, but as I get older and am trying to figure my life out I realize just how much of a moneydump and timedump they are and I hardly enjoy them as much as I used to. I'm not saying everyone should stop gaming, it just doesn't mesh well right now with what I want to do and where I want to be in life.
>>
>>28199743
>not recognising this is an actual problem and that gamefreak will continue this laziness and continue to rip off another game series if this gets popular.

kYs
>>
>>28199737

It's a land crab, but instead of claws it has boxing gloves.

That's not out of line for pokemon, like Hitmonchan, who literally has boxing gloves.
>>
>>28199790
why would they rip off a series that isnt even 1% of the sales of pokemon lal

kys rn
>>
>>28199622
I think the more features and mechanics a game has the better as long as they are well executed
>>
>>28199772

You got other problems, friend
>>
>>28199622
>Pokemon really is trying to cash in on Yokai watch
>implying Yokai watch isn't a pokemon failed copycat
>Colour swap
Alola forms aren't colour swap
>questlines
Pokemon is a rpg, it always had a quest, and now we are getting more
Haven't you heard they're going to sell their next game in two different version with some yokai available in one but not the other and you can still get them by trading ?
>>
Isn't it just a limit break? This stuff's in a lot of RPGs
>>
File: 1471335540020.png (108KB, 680x679px) Image search: [Google]
1471335540020.png
108KB, 680x679px
>>28199622
>>
Please nobody cares about Yo-Kai shit
They're clearly trying to get the Final Fantasy market

Z-moves - just like Limit Breaks

Color swaps - every monster has different forms in different areas

Quests - FF has had tons of sidequests since the start
>>
>>28199860
Oh look it's the call everything bait meme
>>
>>28199622

pokemon is easily within a generation of hitting 1000 pokes. That's too much for even a dedicated team to handle.

The franchise is in danger of collapsing under its own girth, and mega stones and now alola regional forms are a way to curb that.

The fact is, the original 150 are deeply cemented in players mind, warts and all, as the de facto pokemon. People bemoan Lucario's marketing prominence, but Lucario is a rarity given how almost no one gives a fuck about ledyba or stantler by comparison.

Gamefreak is interested in the long game, and co-opting ideas from their competition is a sound way to retain pokemon as a successful franchise in changing times.

Get over it, bro.
>>
>>28199622
It could be worse. The core gameplay is entirely different. Unless they do things like making Pokemon fight automatically, making every battle a rotation battle, and replace Pokéballs with Safari Balls and mud, the Pokémon series will always be its own thing.
>>
File: 1449563590460.jpg (60KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
1449563590460.jpg
60KB, 800x700px
>>
>>28199710
>>28199790
Not the best moment to criticize a new gimmick.
People are in love with the actually good designs and will just respond with "kys" and the like to anyone who implies the idea might not be so good for this franchise.
>>
>>28199622
Forgot to mention the physical Z bracelet and those poke toys that help you do roleplays and give you in game bonuses, just like YW.
>>
>>28200021
totally meant to mention those, my bad, and they're doing QR code scans as well.
>>
>>28199918
>Gamefreak is interested in the long game
By piling yet more Pokemon onto the already-bloated pile?
>>
>>28199622
>Yokai watch is notorious for having 2 of the same species with different colours, and now we've got that with alola forms.

Pokemon did it first years before that with shinies you idiot.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.