[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's with the "it's not what I liked as a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: confused.jpg (108KB, 1300x979px) Image search: [Google]
confused.jpg
108KB, 1300x979px
So what's with the "it's not what I liked as a kid so it's objectively bad and hating it makes me a True Pokemon Fan(tm)" mentality that normie genwunners have? Is there an explanation? What are they trying to achieve by saying all the new Pokemon (of which they know nothing about) suck?
>>
who the fuck are you even talking about

I swear "GENWUNNERS AMIRITE" are worse than genwunners
>>
>>28199538
What's with the "they don't like this so they're a Genwunner who hates everything" mentality that /vp/ has right now?

I swear its super rampant now to the point that nobody can like anything before Gen 4 whtout being called a nostalgiafag
>>
>>28199559
The vast majority of genwunners have autism, you know
>>
>>28199590
Gen 3 a best
>>
>>28199559
Im guessing you don't get out of 4chan much
>>
Many Genwunners would like the newer games and pokemon, but they're too busy to make time to play all the new games and learn the new mons.

It's just easier for them to call the new stuff shit than it is for them to actually devote time to the new games.
>>
>>28199559
>>28199590
They may just be shitposters here but on social media genwunners are EVERYWHERE

OP is talking about normies not /vp/ degenerates
>>
>>28199590
I will agree the term is being used too loosely right now.
For me, I believe a true genwunner is someone who believes only the first generation is good, and that all other generations are "fake" and shit simply because they didn't grow up with them.
Simply liking gen 1 isn't bad, and is not anywhere close to being as bad as the above attitude.
>>
>>28199595
genwunners tend to be normies
you know, the people that usually aren't autists
>>
>>28199673
>normies aren't autists
HA
>>
Because one of the main traits of a normie is thinking everyone follows the same life as they do, so it confuses them when they find out things like Pokemon are still played when they dropped it years ago, activating some kind of "lol it must suck now xd" defense mechanism or some shit

The same thing happens with movies etc
>>
>>28199890
Thats a pretty good explanation. Normies to get dumbfounded when they find out not everyone has a boring life consisting of playing in the park and watching shitty soap operas.
>>
File: awwshit.jpg (93KB, 800x1622px) Image search: [Google]
awwshit.jpg
93KB, 800x1622px
>>28199559
Sort of like some atheists that can't stop talking about Christianity, and discuss it more than a Christian does, just so they can talk about how much better they are for knowing it is false. Speaking with authority that they know how the universe, and all life in it came to be. Making themselves into what they hated to begin with, but worse due to their smug nature, and constant harping.

Pretty much describes these faggots to a T,

>>28199538
>>28199595
>>28199619
>>28199635
>>28199636

good work anon.
>>
>>28199538
It's being protective of a brand from change.
Every classic franchise has a sacred cow status somewhere.
>>
>>28201096
I'm pretty sure Atheists, anti-theists and non-Christian critics that can't stop talking about Christianity are usually the ones that point out the flaws and problems with it and the only leg Christians have to stand on is "they're not true Christians, I ain't gotta explain shit" or "man wrote the Bible."

Sure, there's other religions out there with their own shit. The Talmud in Jewish faith and the Koran definitely have their own problems but Christian's seen as the majority that won't sue or bomb your ass back to the stone age and other religions are seen as fringe, if not non-politically engaged.

So yeah, Atheists that nitpick Christianity can be smug wiseacres but a lot of Christians really don't know their own religion too well or cherrypick the hell out of their faith. If not that, then they'll attack the critic rather than come up with an actual rebuttal.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.