[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> No original Dark Type > No original Ice Type > 80%

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 13

File: Screenshot_2016-09-01-10-01-53.png (356KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-01-10-01-53.png
356KB, 960x540px
> No original Dark Type
> No original Ice Type
> 80% Mons will be revealed before the launch
> Megas are dead
> Gyms & E4 are dead
> HMs are dead

What is going wrong with Alola?
>>
Pokemon is dead
>>
>No original Dark Type
>No original Ice Type
>80% Mons will be revealed before the launch
Translation: I think the last one is true which makes me think the first two are true even though they're not
>>
>>28195723
Can you post all the information that confirms everything you've stated?
Sun and Moon will be shit, I don't have any high hopes for it
>>
>>28195723

>implying megas are dead
>implying hms are dead

You aren't really that stupid, are you senpai?
>>
>>28195740
This is quite bit sad to say but you're write.
RIP 1996 - 2011
>>
>>28195771
YOU MEAN 1996 TO 1996 YOU STUPID GENTWOER FAGgot
>>
File: 1461377063440.png (214KB, 625x475px)
1461377063440.png
214KB, 625x475px
>dude what if we just recolored a shitton of gen 1 pokemon: the gen
>people actually eat it up
>>
>>28195769
Ok anon, OP is really retard, but Hms are oficially dead with Poke Ride
>>
>>28195740
Pokemon died along with BW2
>>
>>28195802
Thank fuck
>>
>>28195740
>>28195757
>>28195763
OP is being sarcastic
>>
>>28195723
>Megas are dead
Are we seriously bringing this shit up again ?
>>
>>28195797

>dude, what if we take shitmons, and actually make them useful!
>>
>>28195797
>38 new pokemon already announced not including alola forms or alternate versions i.e. oricorio

If you don't like pokemon pls leave and stop shitting up the board with "muh i dont like new" posts, sun and moon is gonna be great.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 616x699px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 616x699px
>>28195723
>>Hm's are dead
>That's a bad thing
>>
>>28195829
Almost no indication of sarcasm outside of it just being a stupid post. But I'll agree with you anyway.
>>
>>28195845
they were already doing that with megas
>>
>>28195797
but it got a fine mexican moustache too!
>>
>>28195863
>s-stop invading my hugbox
>you're not allowed to criticize pokemon ever!
kill yourself
>>
>>28195878

Yeah, but megas were a mistake tho.
>>
>>28195723
>take old Pokemon
>change it's color
>draw a mustache
>AWESOME NEW ALOLAN FORM!!!!

Pokemon is fucking dead.
>>
>>28195869
It is, you stupid normie cunt. Fuck off back to your subhuman Go thread.
>>
>>28195907
Is a sombrero asking too much?
>>
>>28195863
Kalos had the same number of Pokémon revealed before the hatsubai and we got 71 new Pokémon and a plenty of Megas.
The worst thing is Alolan Forms are Kanto Exclusive, is like the high number of Kanto's megas isn't enough, they want us to ingest Kanto Mons again and this sucks.
>>
File: bunny_hmmmoo.gif (289KB, 177x177px) Image search: [Google]
bunny_hmmmoo.gif
289KB, 177x177px
>>28195944
>wanting to restrict like 8 of your moves to the same ones you've been using since gen 2

whatever floats your poop my friend :^)
>>
>>28195944
HMs have always been a cancer.
Dropping one of your team members for an HM slave isn't fun, especially if it's somewhere where that Pokemon you dropped could be getting decent amounts of EXP if they were there.

>just teach ur team members the hms retard
Yeah and lose out on useful moves that you're either have to waste a Heart Scale on or get a new TM for if you're playing a game below Gen 5.

The fact that HMs are seemingly being phased out is a god send and if you don't agree you should legitimately consider suicide.
>>
>>28195797
>what if we recoloured a whole bunch of shitmons that no one cares about
Cancer.
>>
>>28196015
日本語の文を使えば、全部を日本語で書いてアノンさん :^)
>>
>>28195944
>Cut
>Rock Slide
>Strength
>Fly
All these moves are shit. Whatever mon gets stuck with them is dead weight
>>
>>28195944
Not him, but why is it bad to remove HMs? It's not like it's casualisation because you either threw it on fucking anything you could because it didn't really matter, the games haven't ever been hard enough that losing a move or two on a Pokémon made a difference. Or you had a dedicated HM Slave that just sat as fodder for you to heal shit later.
The depth they added were more like a shitty pothole, and they're archaic at best. It's fine to have obstacles, but there's nothing wrong with getting past those obstacles without requiring a move you're stuck with until you find the move deleter. That adds nothing valuable.
>>
> HMs are dead
But that's a good thing.
>>
>>28195723
> Megas are dead
> Gyms & E4 are dead
> HMs are dead
How are these bad?
>>
>>28195723
>> HMs are dead
How is this a bad thing?
>>
>>28195878
>>28195940
Yeah, rayquaza, charizard and tyranitar were definitely shitty forgotten about mons before mega evolutions.

Not like qwilfish, everyone remembers and loves him he didn't need a revamp.
>>
>>28196127
> Rock Slide
> HM
>>
>>28196283
Nice job cherry-picking literally 3 Mega Evolutions you fucking troglodyte.
>>
>>28195944
I had to dedicate *2* slots to HM slaves in my Alpha Sapphire game in order to get around, fuck you.
>>
>>28195797
>dude what if we just recolored a shitton of of gen 1 pokemon: the gen

You forgot the part where the Pokémon they recolored were already shitmons and they gave them even worse types, stats, and abilities.

>you get a 4x weakness!
>and you get a 4x weakness!
>everybody gets a 4x weakness!
>and we'll be taking back that ability that almost kind of makes up for your shitty stats too!

I'm now convinced that Masuda is deliberately trying to see how many objectively terrible design choices he can squeeze into the game and still have it print money, there's no way the people in charge of the games can possibly be this fucking ignorant about how they work.
>>
>>28196352
SOME shitmons got megas. A bunch of them were viable before the megas.
>>
They're going with Kanto because it's the 20th year of the very first Pokémon games. They want to bring Pokémon from those games to the new. Plus you can get the normal version of the Pokémon if you don't like them from Red, Blue, and Yellow
>>
>>28196352
>venusaur, charizard, blastoise, alakazam, gengar, gyarados, aerodactyl, MEWTWO, tyranitar, blaziken, gardevoir, garchomp, lucario, sceptile, swampert, salamence, metagross, LATIAS AND LATIOS, diancie

Literally at least 60% of the list is peoples' favorite pokemon already. They didn't need an upgrade.

A much better idea would have been give real cool evolutions to shitters that nobody uses.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>Megas are dead
>New Johto megas already confirmed ages ago
>GF is about to completely abandon a new feature which has helped bring in untold millions of dollars and has been a device in XY/ORAS/Pokken because reasons
>Millions in profit don't matter because reasons

Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>28195723
>Gyms & E4 are dead
>implying that's a bad thing at all
>>
>>28196283
> Charizard shitty forgotten
>>
>>28196283
Charizard was well remembered but was shit before his mega. There was no honest reason to use him. And Tyranitar had a shit mega Tyranitar with a choice scarf is better. And tell me who was actually electing to use Kangaskhan or Mawile before their Megas. Same with Lopunny or Pinsir or Medicham. Heck even Metagross needed the boost
>>
>>28196594
its a sarcasm u dip
>>
Know guys who are the people not liking Alola? HoennBabbies. They are getting what Gen V was for us who play Pokémon since Red and Blue, next gen we will see a plenty of ShitnohFags crying aboutba franchise that already died on Black/White.
>>
>>28195723
>> Gyms & E4 are dead
>> HMs are dead

in what universe are these bad things
>>
>>28196633
I wasn't talking so much about the "meta". That's a nice thing that autistic people like us know about. I was talking more about which mons are popular, usually those big starters/3rd stage evoltions/legendaries.

Also I'm aware they did put some shitmons in there to revamp them which I'm happy about, but a lot of them honestly didn't need to be a mega they could have just been a straight up evolution. Once you put a mega on something it blocks it off from potential future real evolutions.
>>
>>28196633
Agreed.
>Zard quad weak to Rock before and after Mega Y
>TTar quad weak to Fighting before and after Mega

I can think of better ways to use my team slots than resorting to those predictable, overexposed gold-plated asshats.
>>
>>28196576
I don't know why did people like the end of Gyms and E4. They used to be one of the best part of the franchise that gave types some more influence on Pokémon World. Trials are so shitty, Kiawe trial is about to apoint differences between two dances,oh fuck, are Game Freak going Tumblr? I WANT POKÉMON BATTLES
>>
>>28195771
1995 to 2006
>>
File: 1466537630127.jpg (19KB, 473x434px)
1466537630127.jpg
19KB, 473x434px
>>28196015
>before the hatsubai
>>
>>28196559
>New Johto megas already confirmed ages ago
Where are you getting this from?
>>
>>281965just because it has a fan base doesn't mean it is viable at all. Charizard was the biggest example of being both popular and shit. Sceptile, Gardevoir Aerodactyl all share this problem. Swampert, Metagross and Lucario were progressively being power creeped or nerfed. Venusaur was losing his weather and getting indirectly nerfed. Lati@s, garchomp and Tyranitar all got shit Megas that are better off not being used
>>
>>28196675
Hoenn looked like the pool of vomit a retarded kid leaves behind after eating a box of rich pastel crayons. Ugly, tacky dogshit.
>>
>>
>>28196791
At least you won't play a shitty football balloon minigame to raise your EVs instead of battling now

RIGHT? PLS TELL ME IM RIGHT
>>
File: miss yukari.png (35KB, 125x123px) Image search: [Google]
miss yukari.png
35KB, 125x123px
>>28195723
>No original Dark Type
You act like we've seen the whole dex, and even then Litten3 probably counts for that one
>No original Ice Type
See above, only with snowman instead of Litten3
>80% Mons will be revealed before the launch
So it's just more "OH NOEZ JUST LIKE ORAS" fearmongering.
>Megas are dead
They're probably just locked until postgame, which can only be a good thing.
>Gyms & E4 are dead
Another good thing.
>HMs are dead
Another good thing.

What is going wrong with OP?
>>
>>28196559
>GUIZE GAMEFREAK WOULD NEVER INEXPLICABLY REMOVE A FEATURE THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE LIKED
>>
>>28196891
Kek
>>
>>28196852
>not liking secret bases and acro/mach bike

???

regis and nosepass ruined it for sure
>>
>>28196791
Because they became far too mundane. After what, 22 games following the same formula? They were rarely difficult, and the 'puzzles' stopped being interesting. After that long, something new had to happen. The issue I've had with the games is that they've become more and more like you're playing an anime. The trials I've seen seem boring, but I think I'll take them over doing something I've done 20 times before.
That said, I would much rather be able to battle gyms in any order I want to, with them having different pokemon and levels that scale with my team in order to keep it interesting. I'd also much prefer it if it did actually adopt the trait of using 3 Pokemon to battle a gym from the anime.
>>
>>28195763
Then why are you posting?
>>
File: 1422114919686.gif (3MB, 390x293px)
1422114919686.gif
3MB, 390x293px
>>28195771
>you're write.
>>
I'm still upset they decided to (seemingly) axe the gyms and stuff, but not the evil team. I mean, I'm all for getting rid of gyms (at least for a while), but the evil teams are much worse in that regard. It's so tiresome when you know the overall plotline will be exactly the same over and over again. Some intro, minor intrusions, some "major" happening or two and then some final confrontation with the legendary. Make it stop, please. You can at least do some creative stuff with the gyms.
>>
>>28196947
Have you ever worked at a company that makes what is essentially an art product? (games movies, blah)

Most of the people that work there are more interested in their salary and making the boss like them than if the game is a turd, let alone if they make the fanbase hate the company. They know it will never come back to them.

The only people that care are heads of companies that have been there since the outset and are emotionally invested in some way.
>>
>>28195771
Here lies Pokemon
1995-2014
We hardly knew ye
>>
>>28196753
What good would an evolution do?
>>
>>28197015
>regis and nosepass ruined it for sure
At least post actually bad Hoenn designs.
>>
> Megas are dead
> Gyms & E4 are dead
> HMs are dead

and nothing of value was lost
>>
>>28197033
>level scaling

I've played games like this and it doesn't work. You feel like you're not progressing when you know as soon as you level up so does everything else in the world.
>>
>>28196753
That's the paradox though. To introduce this thing you need to start with Pokêmon that are recognisable and popular. I mean give it to Maractus and people will be nonplussed rather than excited. Also there are Pokémon like Beedrill who are three stage lines, need drastic help and can't get an evolution. Also with Eviolite being an item you have to be careful introducing new evolutions because what's stopping the Eviolite prevo just overshadowing it entirely. It's happened with Chansey and Dusclops. In doubles it has happened with Clefairy and Rhydon
>>
>>28197034
Because I can. What sort of backwards bag of dicks thinks of a question like that and then dedicates the time to typing it out without thinking "nah this is fucking dumb, it doesn't matter, i won't type that"?
>>
>>28196937
Read
>>28195829
>>
File: cat_looking_down.jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cat_looking_down.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
>>28197102
HOW DOES EVOLUTION MAKE POKEMON STRONGER WHATS EVEN A POKEMON IM DUMB PLS STUMBLE IN ARGUMENT SO I CAN LAFF AT U

kill yourself
>>
>>28197063
They probably didn't want to diverge too much since no Gyms is already a huge change Evil Teams make it easier for them to come up with a framework for the plot. Hopefully is people like the Island Trials that will give GF more legroom for change.
>>
>>28195769
Honestly I hope HMs are dead. I hate having to use one slot in my party to carry an useless mon with the HMs I need.
>>
>>28197107
Personally I never liked nosepass, regis are meh
>>
File: remove mega genies.png (587KB, 597x395px) Image search: [Google]
remove mega genies.png
587KB, 597x395px
>people thinking megas will be removed ever
>people thinking alternate forms of pokemon will be removed ever
Just like genies were :^)))))) right?
>>
>>28196410
There are still people who think not all pokemon should be good. I don't get that. Why would one want less variety competitively, to fill Smogon's shitty tiers?
>>
>>28196791
>>28197132
The thing I've always hated about gyms and E4 is that they never feel like a challenge.

I'd rather have more bosses like the evil team villains, where they don't use a monotype team.
>>
>>28197236
What's wrong with the genies?
>>
>>28195845
>Useful
>Ninetales drops 2 useful abilities for meh abilities
>Sandslash gets slower and has a 4x weakness to both fighting and fire
>Exeggutor gets Frisk over Harvest or Sun Swift Swimmer
>Meowth gets rid of STAB fake out+tech for STAB bite+tech
>Marowak replaces Earthquake for Shadow Sneak
>Rat gets Mach Punched to death with Miss the ability
The Alolan form that isn't a down grade or at least as viable as its original form is Raichu.
>>
>>28197132
I don't like level scaling in most games, so I get that, but I'd say the sense of progression comes from evolution, moveset, and stat increases (EV bonuses), not the level itself. It seems very different in Pokémon than it does in other games. Maybe it's just because I hate overleveling, but battling gym leaders that you don't crush seems like an appealing change to me. You'd still get the sense of progression from the routes not scaling, but all battles that are important should feel important. It's easy to carve through a gym like they're random NPCs. Even my nephews find the games boringly easy.
That combined with team changes could easily add a chunk of replayability that no other mainline game has come close to.
>>
>>28197424

This is my only real gripe with Alola forme's so far, but I'm counting on them having useful hidden abilities. Otherwise, what's the point in making them if they're worse than the original?
>>
>>28197302

>aladdin genie with spiky black anal beads
>>
Nothing, those all sound like great things to me.
>>
>>28197439
That's not so much a levelling scale complaint as it is an AI level and just general difficulty change.

I feel u tho, the games are a bit too easy recently. I always thought the great thing about pokemon is you can ease the difficulty yourself if you want by overtraining the fuck out of everything in grass. The base difficulty should be hard, then kids will just overtrain if they cant win. That's what I did.
>>
>>28197659
Is it because you don't like black anal beads ? You must be a white supremacist, go back to /pol/
>>
File: Alert.gif (299KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
Alert.gif
299KB, 493x342px
>>28195723

>Implying that if they haven't been revealed yet, they don't exist
>Implying that you know the exact number of Pokemon that are supposed to come out
>Implying that Megas/Gyms are confirmed gone.
>Implying that HM's being gone is a bad thing.
>>
>>28197539
You have way too much of a competitive outlook. This isn't about viability.

It's about having a variety of types in the regions. In-game, when you're fighting a trainer's Lurantis, your Alolan Sandshrew will be way better than a normal Sandshrew.
>>
>>28195944
BW got rid of them. Nobody ever fucking complained you cunt
>>
>>28195723
HM's being gone is just the best thing
>>
>>28195723
So, beside the three first appointments I didnt see anything bad
>>
>>28197756
This post is clearly a false flag just trying to make liberals look retarded

YOU go back to /pol/
>>
>>28197659
So just the design?
>>
>>28196121
>not アノン先輩
rude
>>
>>28195797
Thank you.
>>
>>28195763
fuck off, kiddo
>>
>>28195771
False, BW2 came out in 2012.
>>
>>28198494
FUCK OFF BACK TO /POL/ YOU RACIST, SEXIST, HOMOPHOBIC ASSHOLE!!! STOP REPLYIN!!!!??G
Four-chan aught to ban people like you.
>>
>>28195802
HMs have been dead since Gen 5
>>
>>28197302
They're visually hideous and competitive cancer.
>>
>>28197102
Megas were a good idea for certain Pokemon where it wouldn't have made much sense to give them a new stage (Charizard, Mewtwo, Tyranitar, Kanghaskan, etc.), but certain Pokemon such as Mawile and Banette would've benefitted more from an actual evolution. Mega Mawile is different enough from the original to be a convincing normal Evolution, desu.
>>
>>28196935
You never had to, horse battles were always a faster way to raise your EVs than super training.

What I want is the ability reliably get evolution stones without playing that shitty minigame or the shitty browser minigames.
>>
>>28197424
You're retarded, stats and abilities make a pokemon, typing doesn't matter shit but you're a shitter anyway so you wouldn't understand that.
>>
>>28195723
>What is going wrong with Alola?
Kanto Pokémon.
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.