[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is /vp/ so confident that they'll show the final starter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1472476553708.jpg (40KB, 498x306px) Image search: [Google]
1472476553708.jpg
40KB, 498x306px
Why is /vp/ so confident that they'll show the final starter evos in a few hours?
>>
>>28188258
>Final stage
No

If anything it'll be the middle stage, or some random mon.
>>
You mean mid evos. Because september has been mid evo month for the past 2 gens. Still not guaranteed tho.
>>
One twitter hinting at it and them being revealed in September during XY thats about it
>>
>>28188258
there must always be hope. without that, we are nothing
>>
File: 1470442559943.jpg (1MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1470442559943.jpg
1MB, 5000x5000px
>>28188258
Because "muh patterns"

And this is even if they show anything for Sun and Moon at all.
>>
>>28188298
Why wouldn't they?
They don't have much going on for 3DS rn
>>
>>28188258
I don't think anyone believes that, but we're likely to see information which will confirm or deny many of the "legitimate" leaks.
>>
>>28188320
Not to mention they dedicated half their E3 to SM
>>
>>28188320
That's why they have a Direct, to announce new shit.
>>
File: 1380079568695.jpg (140KB, 881x763px) Image search: [Google]
1380079568695.jpg
140KB, 881x763px
never forget
>>
>>28188377

The 3DS is being phased out for the NX. There's minimal new material for it coming out. SM is the last huge game.

And this is a world wide stream for the 3DS.

And as stated above SM was half their entire E3 presentation.

I'm not looking for much but we're going to get something.

Corocoro on the 10th however is our big announcement for the month.
>>
>>28188258
Since when are they showing the final starters? I thought they were gonna show off the middle-forms of the starters.
>>
>>28188457
No, the Wii U is being phased out, because it was a complete mistake. The 3DS will continue to get a few decent games over the next two years, like the GBA and DS before it. Not as many as prior though.
>>
>>28188457
Anon, we will probably just get another new alola form, Rockruff's evolution(s) and very vague information regarding the mechanic of evolutions during times of day/phases of the moon.

Nothing special.
>>
>>28188258
it's a broad assumption to even think that this direct is going to be about pokemon at all, let alone the specific thing you want to see.
>>
>>28188457
At the very least, they still have more Yo-kai Watch games to release in English on the 3DS in the next couple of years, but I'm sure we'll see plenty more 3DS games. Yo-kai Watch aside, I don't think there will be much else that is major (but possibly another round of Gen 7 Pokemon games, akin to Gen 5). The 3DS isn't going to magically disappear once the NX comes out, though.
>>
>>28188591
It's a narrow-minded assumption to think they won't show any new Pokemon footage in a 3DS-oriented Nintendo Direct, a system which only has Yo-kai Watch 2 and Pokemon as the major upcoming titles.
>>
>>28188667
There's also Dragon Quest VII, Dragon Quest VIII, Mario Party Star Rush, Phoenix Wright Spirit of Justice, and Ever Oasis. And the coming content update to the massively popular Animal Crossing New Leaf.

Oh, and unannounced titles, both brand new and localized. Like how the last Direct announced Kirby Planet Robobot, for one.
>>
>>28188728
>And the coming content update to the massively popular Animal Crossing New Leaf.

I was actually pretty hyped for that until I saw that it was just a bunch of amiiboshit, probably because the animal crossing amiibo and those cards have sold horribly
>>
>>28188728
I've never heard of Ever Oasis so I can't comment on that (but that's probably not a good sign). Dragon Quest and Ace Attorney, whilst both great franchises, have never been particularly heavy-hitters in the west. Mario Party is just lacklustre at best these days.

Sure, they'll have some unannounced titles but not that many. Pokemon Sun and Moon are the biggest games on their agenda right now, and Yo-kai Watch 2 is trying to make a push to really increase traction in the west (even if Nintendo don't seem to give a flying fuck about it).

I'm not saying none of these games will be talked about - I'm sure they will be, and I look forward to playing them all (except Mario Party, because modern Mario Party is abysmal), but they're not the biggest titles on the way.
>>
>>28188818
Yeah, they really have. I got four Animal Crossing amiibo for about $1 each. The only ones that seem to have sold at all are Tom Nook, Mister Resetti, and K.K. Slider.
>>
>>28188826
>I've never heard of Ever Oasis so I can't comment on that (but that's probably not a good sign).
Did you not watch their E3 stuff?
>>
>>28188826
Ever Oasis is a new IP. They announced it at E3. It's made by the team that did the Zelda remakes on 3DS and directed by the original creator of the Seiken Densetsu/Mana series.

>YW2 is tryng to make a push

I saw tons of ads for the first game in various stores months before and through release, YW2 I haven't seen anything yet.

>>28188818
The cards sold pretty well, the figures flopped hard though. No surprise, since while the cards have use in a decent game the figures do nothing the cards don't in it.
>>
>>28188868
Not all of it. Only some of it. There was a LOT of E3 Nintendo stuff. I watched as much as I could but I was busy that week with work, so I missed some things.

>>28188894
That at least sounds interesting. I'll check it out when I get a chance. Thanks for letting me know.

YW2 ramble:
Yo-kai Watch 2 has mainly been making a push on social media but also with the anime dub and with new upcoming toys from Hasbro. I can't comment on ads since they barely show anything of Yo-kai Watch here in New Zealand, but it's a franchise I like so I pay attention to it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think they're going to have much more success than last time, which is unfortunate, but I hope they do. They need to be catering to European regions at the same time.

Australia and New Zealand are getting YW2 on October 15th but we've had basically no information about OUR release, and the anime isn't airing over here at the moment despite season 2 running for four weeks already in the US.

Europe isn't getting YW2 until next year around March or April, which is terrible, and things such as Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble (mobile game) aren't available outside of the US.

They're kinda horribly failing to really get the brand out there and part of the reason for that is because they're focusing on the US where people aren't showing a lot of interest. Which is a shame, because I think it's a great franchise, but too many people don't get it or just think it's a shitty Pokemon clone (it's not).

If anything, the anime and toys departments are making a push, but the games... not so much. Nintendo just doesn't care, and I don't really know why. There's no reason it has to compete with Pokemon. They're actually quite different and there's room for both. Japan proved that.
>>
I want the final evo. leaks to be real so Joe from Serebii can look like a complete dumb fuck than he already is. The denialfags are whatever
>>
>>28189809
pomf pls go
>>
What are the chances of remakes during Gen 7?
Or a new Ranger/spin-off game?
>>
>>28190327
Unlikely we'll get remakes in Gen 7. There will probably be two more Gen 7 games set in either Kalos or Alola or both.

Spin-offs? We might get another Mystery Dungeon. We might finally get Detective Pikachu localised though that's supposedly only chapter one (but they still have yet to release any more and it's been some time). Ranger is unlikely to come back.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.