[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>TFW sending out a Pokemon in X and Y Holy shit, why did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: blech.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
blech.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>TFW sending out a Pokemon in X and Y

Holy shit, why did they mess up the cries so hard? For what purpose? Who thought playing the cries on a speaker covered with tinfoil was "fixing" them?
>>
The only good games for cry audio ever were gen 1 and gen 2.

Nidoking in 8-bit audio, c. 2001 was the pinnacle. no idea why they keep fucking over the cries. I would be cool as hell to keep every cry exactly as it was first introduced, and let the new style stand on its own. Imagine Gen 1 Pokemon still had their original 8-bit cry in X and Y, and the new Pokemon were just done the way GF thinks sounds good now--it would be this killer register of the way sound design has changed at GF over the years.

Instead they are constantly "normalizing" the audio "style" into this generic soupy mess.
>>
>>28178590
what the fuck are you talking about

the cries in gen 6 are all amazing desu
>>
>>28178590
Who cares? I don't mind the cries, they're just 1 second audio clips, turn the volume down if it bothers you so much.
>>
File: 1466001529532.jpg (6KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
1466001529532.jpg
6KB, 243x207px
>>
>>28178590
I wish Charizard kept his original cry and they altered Rhyhorn's instead.
>>
>>28178590
Yeah most of them are fucking garbage and absolutely ruined but there's a few like Kyogre, Reshiram, and Victini that are actually pretty damn good improvements.
>>
>>28178590
>gen 6 cries have a "tin" sound
where did this meme come from? are my ears fucked up, and that's why I can hear it at all?

>>28178725
gen 1 was garbage in the audio department, anon. half of the mons had the same exact cry (sometimes in a slightly different pitch). hard to call them good when so many aren't even different from each other.

>>28178765
fuck off tripfag
>>
>>28178590
>Primal Kyogre's cry
It sounds like a fucking jet engine
>>
>>28178765
>I never noticed so I don't get why others did

The worse version of asilo Charles
>>
File: 508Stoutland.png (800KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
508Stoutland.png
800KB, 1280x1280px
>TFW hearing gen V cries that use actual noises

Holy shit, it went from real dog barking to muffled choking
>>
>>28178725
>Instead they are constantly "normalizing" the audio "style" into this generic soupy mess.
They have literally done this once, the cries before X and Y have been the same since Red and Green.

I'm not defending the shitty X and Y renditions but you're acting like they've done this shit more than once, give them some time to improve.
>>
>>28178906
Lol, typed my capcha in my post
>>
>>28178822
>where did this meme come from?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfapndIYx3U
>>
File: 1 sorrow.jpg (141KB, 800x916px) Image search: [Google]
1 sorrow.jpg
141KB, 800x916px
>>28178985
It sounds like they upped the pitch on all of them without speeding them up. So many good cries destroyed.
>>
>>28178985
now that I listen to them without other sounds in the background, I can kind of see what you're saying.

but still, all of these are much better than the original GBA ones.
>>
>>28179073
How on earth? They're tinny and disgusting. R/S/E's cries were way better than this shit.
>>
>>28178590
Gen 5 had some swank cries, Sigilyph the Gothitelle line included

https://youtu.be/7PfiDgtVXww
>>
>>28178985
Most of these sound the same/better, but there are some bad ones in there
>>
>>28179193
What's better about them, exactly? They sound garbled to me.
>>
>>28179073
>all of these are much better than the original GBA ones
Hell no Salamence and Metagross got butchered
>>
>>28178737
Treecko, Grovyle.
Some of them are amazing, like Yanmega's.
>>
>>28178985

My two favorite cries (Cradily and Metagross) got cucked by the Gen 6 sound engine.
>>
>>28179297
Incorrect terminology there. It's not the engine, it's just how they did things. There's no change from XY/ORAS to S/M either.
>>
They sound fine to me.
>>
I'm just upset they messed up Porygon-Z and Lugia, but they messed up a lot. Some things like distinguishing Caterpie from Goldeen was neat though.
>>
>>28178725
>The only good games for cry audio ever were gen 1 and gen 2.
Sorry but no, GB/C soundchip was ass.
>>
>>28178844
EEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUU
Also Steelix, Salamence and Raichu are forever ruined
>>
I think they could've done it well if they put more effort into it. Running everything through the same filter is bound to cause problems.
>>
>>28178985
I don't get the complaint. Where's the tin sound?
The only one that sounded faintly "tinny" was Shedinja and that's kind of the point.
>>
File: d3811.jpg (39KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
d3811.jpg
39KB, 640x352px
>>28179270
>Some of them are amazing, like Yanmega's
http://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/cries/469.ogg
>>
>>28179557
Certainly better than the old one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcvPMpy3I5U
>>
>>28179485
It's that sort of grating, high-pitched, garbled sound all of them have.

A good way to find it is listening to Linoone's cry. There's the "baaark" sound of the original, but after it is this repulsive sort of screeching that finds its way into all of these cries. It's most isolated there, I think. It sort of reminds me of the Metal Sound noise from gen IV.
>>
>>28178775
Fucking this
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (376KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
376KB, 1024x768px
>>28179657
v-v-v-vrrrrrrrrrr
>>28179557
Kt-Kt-Kt-kvvvrrrrRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>28179665
I wouldn't call that sound "tinny". If it was more of a twangy synth sound then I'd call it tinny but I get the complaint now.
>>
>>28179073
They all sound like farts now. What's wrong with you? They sound all sound worse than the GBA ones. I don't even like cries and they do sound terrible on the GBA but that is way worse.
>>
I don't understand the appeal of cries. They all sound like the same low res digital bullshit from a GBC game.

GF shell out some money for some VAs or just copy and paste from the anime.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.