[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just how the fuck did the 3DS games manage to literally and figuratively,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1442056928733.gif (238KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1442056928733.gif
238KB, 500x500px
Just how the fuck did the 3DS games manage to literally and figuratively, in every possible meaning of the word, rape every single Pokemon cry in the game? I remember how the transition into the GBA murdered the cries for Magneton and Haunter, but even that wasn't as much of a catastrophe as what happened from XY on. Every single cry is now some weird sort of scream that seems to be coming out of a deep Eldritch dimension, barely anything from the past games is still recognizable if any at all.
Are the 3DS's sound specs really this bad?
>>
>>28171166
I hate what they did to Cofagrigus and Garbodor. They sound nothing like they do in Black and White.

Gen 5 got completely fucked over in the cry department in Gen 6. I hear it has something to do with a special sound engine used on the DS for Gen 5 so they got some amateur shithead to replicate it for X and Y. Obviously that person fucking failed spectacularly.

On an aside note, the guy in charge of the X and Y soundtrack got fired in 2014, so thank god. You can already hear the improvement in music for Sun and Moon in the trailers. That wild encounter battle theme is pretty nice. Very upbeat and cheerful.
>>
>>28171166

I guess someone thought they needed an update. The problem was that they had no idea on how to actually improve on anything. So we ended up with the new cries where a lot just sound plain awful.

What's even better is that we might be stuck with these for a long time.
>>
File: 1465621991471.png (263KB, 438x392px) Image search: [Google]
1465621991471.png
263KB, 438x392px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaNpAHA9KeE
>>
>>28171616
Looking at the SM trailers, it seems they're the same. A shame, really.
>>
>Gen V Stoutland
GRRR ARF ARF

>Gen VI
RRROO TOO TOO
>>
>>28171166
This thread makes me want to check out everything mentionedv
>>
am I the only one who thinks that the gen 6 cries actually sound really good

am I the only one who thinks that the gen 6 models actually are very well done
>>
>>28172495
Yes. Want a cookie?
>>
File: Reuniclus wut.png (144KB, 900x907px) Image search: [Google]
Reuniclus wut.png
144KB, 900x907px
So I guess hating on the audio and the 3D in the 3DS games is a meme now?
>>
>>28172521
GF botched Salamence's model, so people forgot about the hundreds of other mons that had a great, well-designed model.
>>
>>28172521
Or an opinion?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.