[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys, i'm planning to buy the new 3ds and along with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: nn3ds.jpg (8KB, 279x180px) Image search: [Google]
nn3ds.jpg
8KB, 279x180px
hey guys, i'm planning to buy the new 3ds and along with it one pokémon game while i wait for sun and moon, which one is better? XY or ORAS? and don't try to convince me not to buy neither of them because i already decided that i will, i just want you guys to help me decide. thanks.
>>
>>28163842
Don't forget to install A9LH
>>
>>28163842
ORAS. Has all the megas, has a comfier region, secret bases are fun, and the various small quality-of-life improvements made to it make it way better than XY.

If it weren't for the Friend Safari XY would undoubtedly be the worst Pokemon game of recent generations.
>>
>>28163842
ORAS is an improvement over XY in all aspects
>>
>>28163858
This
I was fucking scared about the 2.1 downgrade thingy and I thought menuhax was all I needed; but then I did it and fuck me in the ass and call me sparky it's the best decision I have ever made
>>
>>28163939>>28163858

>supporting pirating
A daily reminder to support your favorite company so we can get the perfect Pokemon game
>>
>>28163977
dubs confirm
piratefags btfo
>>
>>28163896
>>28163936
thanks guys, i was already more inclined to do with ORAS, since 3rd gen is my favorite.

>>28163858
>>28163939
what is it?
>>
XY is better single player but the story is garbage, ORAS is boring as hell for like half the game but toward the end you start seeing all the improvements they made and its by far the best region to be in after youve beaten the game. ive transferred everything over as of last week just cuz its better to do everything in ORAS. theres two daycares! "Organize Boxes" is the first option in the PC!
>>
File: orasproblems.png (228KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
orasproblems.png
228KB, 893x1200px
ORAS is worthless if you already played a Hoenn game. Get XY because it's at least a different region.
>>
>>28163936
>is an improvement over XY in all aspects

except customization
and rematches
and wild pokemon variety
and originality
>>
File: 6a2.png (172KB, 361x691px) Image search: [Google]
6a2.png
172KB, 361x691px
>>28163977
>>28163994
>he thinks 3DS hacking is only about piracy
>>
>>28164013

Get X/Y, at least you get to experience a new region. 3rd gen a shit, but all of 6th gen era games were underwhelming.

>3rd gen is my favorite

oh.

*carefully cleans shoes before going away*
>>
thank you anons, you're the best
>>
OMG. Alpha Sapphire for sure, bc everyone knows that Kyogre rocks.
>>
File: 1454423182430.jpg (18KB, 236x284px) Image search: [Google]
1454423182430.jpg
18KB, 236x284px
>>28163977
>He thinks I'm in it because of le pirating maymay
>>
>>28164013
A9LH is basically used to mean installing a Custom Firmware, which *can* let you pirate, but also lets you have things like save managers, backups, N3DS enhance every game, etc. You can also inject pokemon, if you want. Look up Plailect, his github has the guide to install it. It takes an hour or two, I hear.

It won't work if you update to 11.0.0, so it's important to do it while you can
>>
>>28164013
A9LH or ARM9loaderHax refers to the process of dumping your OTP.bin from the NAND, which was only possible in FW 2.1 and below; that file is then used to make a homebrew executable which installs a CFW (I recommend using Luma) to the SD card. Older revisions were a bit riskier since you had to have your SD card working at all times, there was an updater a while ago that lets you boot the 3DS normally in some kind of CFW installed to the system's internal memory. Some A9LH CFW's also include a built in FIRMwrite patcher which basically means your hack will almost never be overwritten via nintendo updates.
Literally the only reasons I use Luma right now is for region free for some of my moonrune games and for the FIRMwrite protection
>>
>>28164275
>>28164156
Also forgot save backups and the n3DS clock thing
The guide has been updated and supposedly takes less time
>>
>>28164312
The 3DS hacking scene moves very quickly. I got into it just after they bumped the installation time down to 6 hours, and a month or so later is supposedly only takes two.
>>
>>28164372
I did mine a few weeks ago, only took like 45 minutes
Then again, I had already backed up my NANDs and done most of the dirty work
>>
>>28164132
if this is Sam I. I'm going to be upset
>>
>>28164038
anyone have the RBY version of this?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.