[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had trouble sleeping last night, so I hopped on 4skin for some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: Final starter evos.jpg (70KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Final starter evos.jpg
70KB, 960x540px
I had trouble sleeping last night, so I hopped on 4skin for some reason. After a while I got off but Pokemon was still on my brain, and then something hit me. I was thinking about the leaked starters, and I realized I couldn't picture them in action at all, especially Poppmaid and Rowlet3. By this I mean the games and anime.

Poppmaid's design makes it look as though she'd be extremely awkward and ungraceful on land. Like, picture a sea lion hobbling around; now imagine Poppmaid doing that. Look retarded? Yeah, thought so. And then she has those pink spikes protruding from her tail for no reason, which makes it even more difficult to imagine her getting around well on land. All I imagine is the spikes hindering her and tilling a trail in the dirt wherever she goes. She's shaping up to be Samurott #2.

Rowlet3 seems like its bow and arrow wings are going to be useless in aerial combat, since it's going to need them to fly. Unless it becomes part Ground, which has been speculated, and it fights on the ground. Although if the anime logic is anything to go by, it'll probably just levitate in midair while nocking and shooting its arrows. Even then, I can't seem to picture it running with its weird legs. And then the whole hood bit seems counter-intuitive to its design, what with its ability to rotate its head and all. Not sure if the kind of hood its wearing would be ideal for an archer, even if it's just Pokemon.

Litten3 has its fair share of "wtf how" bits as well, such as its crotch belt which I can only picture him using by dry humping the air, which I can't see happening in a game or anime that's made for kids. If so then it will probably be censored to hell and back in some countries. Not sure how that poison spitting bit's going to fair either. Despite this, Litten3's seems to be the only one of the three I can picture in action.

It wouldn't surprise me if these are just early design concepts.
>>
Yeah I realized it too, I hope it's fake but it as hight chances to be real...
>>
>>28159758
Fuck you denialfag
These are 100% real because Mallow
Just accept it and stop humiliating yourself with these tantrums
>>
File: 1431912419179618.png (55KB, 1276x886px) Image search: [Google]
1431912419179618.png
55KB, 1276x886px
>>28159758
worse than roothoot and friends.
end of story.
>>
>>28159946
Could you fuck off already
>>
>>28159977
until the abominations got BTFO.
>>
I can still somewhat, somewhat picture Litten3 being in the games and in the anime and possibly Poppmaid if she retains the whole "acrobatics on bubbles" thing, although you'd have to consider the idea on whether these bubbles can still sustain her weight.

Ehhh, I'm kind of in a similar situation as OP too. It's not that these are bad, but they seem awfully complicated design wise and I'm not sure if their transition to 3D and the anime is going to be okay.

One thing that is kind of bugging me for some reason is, how will Rowlett3 attack animation wise on the games? I don't know why that seems to be bothering me, it just is. Will he use a similar animation to Rowlett (spreads wings) or will he use... a animation where he pulls an arrow? It's weird, I keep picturing him throwing rather than actually shooting with his wing bow, a attack for that sort of movement would have to be pretty damn restricted, possibly only involving arrows.
>>
>>28160013
Arrow will probably be for a signature move, just like Chesnaught's shield
>>
>>28160013
Same.
>>
>>28159988
You mean until (you) get BTFO
>>
File: kiiittten.jpg (19KB, 202x238px) Image search: [Google]
kiiittten.jpg
19KB, 202x238px
>>28159758
Poppmaid would probably use aqua jet or a small surf to move in the anime. This isn't really a concern since Popplio would look just as akward

Rowlett3 will probably have a really akward 3d model being that skinny with its wings folded, but in the amine aerial battles it'd probably shoot dagger-like feathers since even rowlett is shown doing that

Luchalitten would probably have the best 3d model out of them. I don't think it's airhumping, but more like pic related
>>
>>28160132
The abominations will never be real, bane.
>>
>>28159988
...what?
>>
>>28159758
>picture a sea lion hobbling around; now imagine Poppmaid doing that.
That's the very reason why I want Poppmaid to be real
Sea lion aren't able to sing too let's hope for it to make a sound similar to sea lion
https://youtu.be/inMlO9-l5NU
And we get Poppmaidfag and denialfag btfo at the same time
>>
>>28160175
Gamefreak never make such shitty designs.
>>
>>28160193

http://sendvid.com/rwo7es89
>>
>>28160013
the rowlet evolution obviously isn't going to use its bow for every attack anon. it can still fly and attack like a regular bird, it just has the option to use arrows too.
>>
>>28160253
"Shitty" is highly opinion based.
They could make a god damn humanoid bipedal Water/Fighting toilet and there would probably be people and some gamefreak employees that like it. Also these concepts fit gamefreaks attempt to make the starters more humanoid and "buddy" like.
>>
>>28160253
debatable
>>
>>28159758
>early/rejected designs meme
>implying they would make a anime art of a early/rejected design
>>
File: diglett's body.png (48KB, 859x504px) Image search: [Google]
diglett's body.png
48KB, 859x504px
>>28159758
>my imagination sucks so they can't be the actual designs

Just because you can't picture something doesn't mean someone who's actually paid to design these things can't.

This is almost worst than the "HURR THAT'S NOT MALLOW" argument. Stop projecting your limited imagination onto everyone else.
>>
>>28159758
>since i can't imagine these design working, they can't be real

OP, did your mother drink when she was pregnant with you?
>>
>>28159758
>Litten3 has its fair share of "wtf how" bits as well, such as its crotch belt which I can only picture him using by dry humping the air, which I can't see happening in a game or anime that's made for kids.
Someone's never seen Kamen Rider.
>>
File: You know it.png (1MB, 3408x2480px) Image search: [Google]
You know it.png
1MB, 3408x2480px
>>28160406
>>28160434
THIS
>>
>>28160330
I don't know why GF is trying to go that route more and more each gen. I prefer the more monster-like designs because this is a fantasy world, where you can have anything you want.

Why would you want to have more humanoid-looking creatures over an oversize, exaggerated creature you wouldn't be able to own in real life, like an alligator or a dragon? (I mean, you could own the former, but it's fucking dangerous naturally).
>>
>>28160570
>Why would you want to have more humanoid-looking creatures

have you not seen digimon?
>>
It's called Pocket Monsters, not Pocket Humanoid-Buddy Creatures
>>
>>28160584
Yeah, and that's something I'd expect from that series. I don't like Digimon anyways. I prefer Pokemon.
>>
File: 3635635653.png (55KB, 1272x886px) Image search: [Google]
3635635653.png
55KB, 1272x886px
>>28160592
>an excelent compression
>>
>>28160584
>>28160619
Digimon is dead since 2000
pokemon forever.
>>
>>28160592
>the starters are humanoid therefore everything is humanoid!
>there's no more monsters! all humanoids! just because the starters are!

this is what you sound like
>>
File: WP_20160831_001.jpg (934KB, 1893x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160831_001.jpg
934KB, 1893x1456px
It's really not that complex. They are no different than any other serpentine/seallike and bird Pokémon
>>
>>28160592
Is there a reason monsters can't be humanoid? Many of the most famous classical monsters were humanoid. It made them more terrifying since it was strange and horrible to see the human form warped and transformed. Is there an official "monster spectrum" to decide what's too human and what's not? And the whole concept of Pokemon is that the pokemon are your buddies im not even going to entertain that one.
>>
>>28160672
the popplio evolution is going to move the same way popplio does. it's literally the same body shape just bigger.

and yeah, rowlet evolution is still a bird. it'll fly in some animations like rowlet and use its bow in others. like how mega sharpedo's spikes and delphox's wand don't appear in every animation.
>>
>>28160273
Thanks you I couldn't find it anymore
>>
>>28160156
Popplio looks alright hobbling around like a sea lion, because it's based on it and looks the part. Plus, it has it's bubbles and acrobatic thing. I just can't seem to wrap my head around Poppmaid doing that because it looks like more like a human female (mermaid) than a sea lion, and then it has those spikes. You're probably right, though.
>>
So much autism.
>>
>>28159838
guaranteed replies
>>
>>28160406
Whoa there, where did all that come from? You just assumed a whole lot of crap that was never stated or even hinted at. Are you okay? Look, you're right, I can't imagine something like a hood that obstructs an "archer owl"'s line of sight and hinders its head-rotating shtick. You know why? Because it's retarded. But like you said, just because I can't imagine something, doesn't mean someone else can't; I never said otherwise. Whether these are the final designs or not, I still find fault in them; just like Chesnaught and Greninja before these guys, and Samurott before them. And whoever thinks that's not Mallow is an idiot.
>>
>>28160731
>looks like a human female
it's literally just an enlongated popplio

how were Seel and Walrein when they were animated?
>>
>>28161161
They're based on pinnipeds. Nothing's wrong with the hobbling actions that pinnipeds make. Literally at all. Nothing. It just looks funny as hell picturing Poppmaid doing it because of her appearance is all. She strays really far from pinniped and more into humanoid territory which makes it odd. And then those spikes look like they'd be a hindrance to her. I can only picture them raking up dirt and soil as Poppmaid hobbles around. But eh, who knows, she might end up looking alright in-game (or the anime), but as of right now, I just can't picture it. At least she'll look awesome underwater I guess.
>>
>>28161105
how does the hood obstruct its line of sight when it has 360 vision by turning its head and can see anywhere it likes? the hood will move as its head does because it's attached to it, meaning it's always behind it and can just spin its head around to see. it doesn't have one eye on the front of its head looking forward and one on the back of its head staring at the inside of its hood constantly, which is a situation where a hood would obstruct 360 vision.

also tightening the hood to use the bow makes sense as it narrows its vision and focus for firing the arrows.
>>
>>28160354
> denialfag convinced leaks are a meme
>>
>>28160570

Because they want to do something different with the starters for a while? Because tastes vary and they have to cater to the millions of people who buy their games, so its best to cover as much ground as possible?

Come on now.
>>
>>28160406
>this generic design is obviously this complex and nuanced character!
>despite all of the minute and detailed differences, IT MUST BE THE SAME CHARACTER BECAUSE BARAKITTY
>>
>>28161396
Its hood appears to be connected to its mantle, though, so even if its head is still able to rotate, it would still look janky as hell. And pointing its bow to aim and shoot at foes behind itself (which is suggested to be the case) would probably look weird, too. The hood narrowing its vision and focus sounds pretty rad on paper, but I feel as though it'd obstruct its peripheral vision and leave if open for surprise attacks due to the blind spots it'd cause. I can't imagine Rowlet3 being able to react quickly enough to oncoming threats due to this, either. But hey, the anime/games may surprise me.
>>
>>28161396
It's also meant to look like a falconry hood.
Maybe it closes completely when Rowlet3 is sleeping
>>
>>28159823
This
>>
If you can't, you have a weak imagination.
>>
>>28161827
Let's just put it this way, I can imagine it; it just looks retarded, awkward, and janky as hell in my mind. Just like Samurott using its so-called swords.
>>
File: latest[1].png (125KB, 342x192px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
125KB, 342x192px
>>28159758
>Poppmaid's design makes it look as though she'd be extremely awkward and ungraceful on land.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.