[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there such a thing as being "too old" for Pokem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1470874909204.png (152KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1470874909204.png
152KB, 500x400px
Is there such a thing as being "too old" for Pokemon? Sure, Pokemon is marketed towards kids (Gamefreak does cater to older fans as well, but this isn't the norm), but so are many other wildly popular franchises. Super Mario, Wii Sports, Mario Kart, etc, are all marketed towards kids, yet are socially acceptable to play.

Now that Go is out, and that a very large percentage of Go players are adults (http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/261455-pokemon-go-analytics-survey-show-age-of-users-time-spent-playing) it seems socially acceptable to "like" Pokemon. But what about actually owning a main series game and being a devoted fan? Sure, I doubt many adults just go around screaming "I love Pokemon!", but many of the people here are in their 20s and some even in their 30s.

I guess that this is what I'm wondering:
Is it more mature to say "I'm too old for Pokemon" while playing other kid-oriented games that are more mainstream OR is it more mature to just not give a fuck what people think? Or is it that nothing about the act of playing a Pokemon game immature in the first place (especially now that Go is out)?

What do you think?
>>
>>28157219
>Is there such a thing as being "too old" for Pokemon?
No
>>
>>28157219
>Is there such a thing as being "too old" for Pokemon

No. There's nothing wrong with enjoying games as an adult, just don't be a sperg about it. But that applies to any age.
>>
>>28157219
OP again,

I think that since this generation is growing up surrounded by so many video games, and since that playing video games is progressively becoming more and more mainstream, that the general population in the future will see playing Pokemon as an adult as normal as playing any other video game. Back in the early and even late 90s, playing video games was for "nerds". But now pretty much everyone plays them in some form. So who is to say that this trend will no longer continue in the future?
>>
>>28157219
no.

it's an RPG. I'd argue that the anime series is childish dogshit trash though with the exception of Team Rocket bringing in some niveau and fun sporadically.

but not the games are childish. they are simply innocent fun.
>>
>>28157311
OP here,

Yeah, never been a fan of the anime, even as a kid. That definetley seems more kid oriented. Don't get me wrong, NOTHING is bad about watching it when you're older, it just was never for me personally.

Perhaps that's where the Pokemon games get their "only kids can play them" wrap, since the anime is seen as fairly childish and the games get included in with them.
>>
File: 1434323867013.jpg (42KB, 502x393px) Image search: [Google]
1434323867013.jpg
42KB, 502x393px
>>28157298
Oh my god, shut up, no one cares.
>>>/reddit/ is that way.
>>
>>28157219
Fuck society.
>>
>>28157219
It was "for kids" when it was first made back in 1997, and it's still "for kids" now, but now it also has a huge fanbase of those original kids who played it back when it first came out, or older kids who played the later games growing up. Anybody who tells you you need to stop watching cartoons or playing games that bring you joy in this fucked up world need to go eat a bag of dicks. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
>>
>>28157380
It's just a harmless discussion. Stop trying so hard to fit in.
>>
As long as people are paying their taxes they can do whatever the hell they want in their own time.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.