[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a balanced metagame, exactly? And why is it actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: logo.png (39KB, 164x174px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
39KB, 164x174px
What is a balanced metagame, exactly?
And why is it actually desirable?
>>
one where everything is viable and nothing is overpowered

literally never ever but it's ok because it's a kids' game so who gives a shit
>>
>>28148782
A balanced metagame allows there to exist multiple outs to any Pokemon or tactic such that the metagame doesn't have to be directed toward a tightened rock-paper-scissors state.

e.g. Crawdaunt, despite being well-regarded as a powerhouse, is kept in check by Hydreigon, Keldeo, Poliwrath, Chesnaught, Azumarill, Whimsicott, and many other options to choose from if one wishes to account for it on a team
>>
Ironically one where Karen is right.
>>
File: ayeeyouyayyo.jpg (42KB, 347x640px)
ayeeyouyayyo.jpg
42KB, 347x640px
>>28149049
>>
>>28149755
they can still try regardless of meta.

>>28148782
>What is a balanced metagame
nothing.

The fact that a metagame exists in the first place is the indication that it isn't balanced.

balance would being able to take 6 random pokemon out of the 350'ish fully evolved ones that are currently out, and still have a fair 50% chance at winning against an "optimized" team.
>>
File: The Daily Grimsley.png (211KB, 1500x1125px)
The Daily Grimsley.png
211KB, 1500x1125px
>>28149049
>>28149755
>>
>>28149755
Her philosophy is destroyed with the existence of stealth rock.
>>
>>28150182
>le stealth rock is op maymay

Kill yourself.
>>
As long as a game isn't literally RPS, there will always be a metagame, and it will never be balanced.
>>
>>28149049
>He doesn't understand that the tiers encourage people to play with bros.

There's stuff below OU you know?
>>
>>28150714
The methane in RPS is to know that everyone plays on a track, and to be on the reverse track from your opponent.
For example
>Turn 1
>You and Opponent both throw Rock
>Turn 2
>Opponent knows paper beats rock
>You know that scissors beats paper and in opponents head they want to throw what beats what you threw last round
>Opponent throws paper, you throw scissors
>Turn 3
>Opponent again wants to beat scissors (rock)
>You know this (paper)

The meta meta game of RPS is to always throw Rock.
>>
whats a karenfag? im new here
>>
>>28150714
Chess is the only truly balanced game in this reality.
>>
>>28151335
Except not, because white has a massive advantage.
>>
>>28151347
Confirmed for never playing chess and only going off of memes you read on 4chan
>>
>>28151362
Dude what? Every game of Chess played correctly starts with white going first.

Most people agree that white has an advantage in Chess the same way that people who play the TCG believe that the person to go first has an advatage.

It's all relative anyways, I even prefer to go second even though I feel I'm at a disadvantage most of the time.

Read up on Bobby Fischer or go to bed.
>>
File: 1471654389569.png (82KB, 905x610px)
1471654389569.png
82KB, 905x610px
>>28148782
I've always wondered, why do they call it a "University"? Is it to appear smarter than what they actually are? It's very pretentious
>>
>>28151975
Yes.

But it's just a name anyway so who gives a fuck?
>>
>>28149037
doesnt azumarill do what crawdaunt does but has fairy stab to knock away all those checks?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.