[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright. Wanted to play Pokemon Platinum on this and tried No$GBA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: deslogo.jpg (12KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
deslogo.jpg
12KB, 460x215px
Alright. Wanted to play Pokemon Platinum on this and tried No$GBA but the quality was very choppy and didn't leave many options. Tried Desmume was very promising but there are framerate and slowdown issues. Anyone know how to fix? I have a good enough of a computer. I can run Dolphin but for some reason I'm having trouble with this.
>>
>>28122327
Make it run on two cores on desmume. Download latest Desmume. Also gen IV is slow because it wasn't programmed that well, especially Diamond and Pearl.
>>
>>28122327
what are your specs
>>
>>28122327
Also to add... It runs perfectly on my toaster pc (4gb RAM, 1gb some old ATI graphic card etc). Maybe ROM you downloaded sucks or you have wrong settings, like using the wrong renderer or something.
>>
>>28122730
Then what's the perfect site to download ROMs?
>>
>>28122743
I think I downloaded it from emuparadise. Maybe try some other NDS game and see if runs well, but it has to be either the ROM or emulator settings.
>>
>>28122694
>CPU: 2.4GHz Intel Core i7-4700HQ (quad-core, 6MB cache, up to 3.4GHz with Turbo Boost)
>Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 860M (4GB GDDR5 RAM); Intel HD Graphics 4600
>RAM: 16GB DDR3L (2x 8GB, 1,600MHz)

My dad bought a laptop not too long ago when I was still in school and am going to buy a full blown PC when I get my own place but for now I'm stuck with the laptop. I'm not too well versed in technology but from what I read laptops don't use their maximum capacity on programs that they are unfamiliar with. Is that true? Am I shit outta luck if the laptop is the problem?
>>
>>28122863
Make sure your laptop is not in battery saving mode (or balanced mode), that it uses it's processor to the fullest. It should run 20 pokemons at the same time at max speed.
>>
>>28122906
Power Saver is the only other option so I'll try.
>>
>>28122327
DS and N64 emulation is limited.
>>
>>28122906
nah it still runs too slow. I took the advice of >>28122672 and still it isn't working good.
>>
Make sure you turn on the dynamic recompiler in Config -> Emulation Settings. Generally helps a lot.
>>
>>28124297
I ended up doing that but was shit outta luck.
>>
>>28124478
Really? Huh, between that and disabling acouple of the 3d options, that's made it work fine on most shit computers I've seen.
>>
>>28124735
Wait. I just disabled some 3D options minus the textures and it seems to be working fine now along with the dynamic recompiler. I'm getting paranoia with the thought that at some point it'll go to shit but for now it seems fine.
>>
>>28125058
Well turns out it's a little slow and sadly it's not enough for me to play. The real problem is whenever I put the emulator on standby and use anything else it goes to complete shit.
>>
>>28122327
>>28125206
You can also turn on frameskipping.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.