[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have another "autistic thing you did in Pokémon"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 12

File: 1467373612263.png (307KB, 815x608px) Image search: [Google]
1467373612263.png
307KB, 815x608px
Let's have another "autistic thing you did in Pokémon" thread
Here's my confession: When BW came out, I was seriously expecting a patch for Gen 5 mons in Battle Revolution
>>
File: HNI_0022.jpg (98KB, 540x415px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0022.jpg
98KB, 540x415px
>>28121807
I though Nidoking was Queen and vice versa as a child.
>>
>>28121807
Not so much "Autistic things" but rather a misconception I had, really early on in the XY leak cycle I heard people saying professor Sycamore was the champion, and I had that in mind when the game came out, I was legitimately surprised by Diantha when I got to her, especially since you did actually battle Sycamore twice beforehand.
>>
They didn't even update revolution for the rotom forms when platinum came out... Unfortunately
>>
>>28121807
I chose Bulbasaur instead of Charmander.
>>
File: HNI_0046.jpg (122KB, 536x572px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0046.jpg
122KB, 536x572px
>>28121966
>liking generic dragon over rafflesia dinosaur
>>
File: 1391112019938.gif (729KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1391112019938.gif
729KB, 267x200px
>>28121966
>>
I've now started to think about what type of pokeballs fit best with my pokemon.

I always have to nickname them something I haven't nicknamed a pokemon before. I have a website for a whole list of names to choose from.

I now have to breed the pokemon I want to use just so I can train them from level 1 onwards. I don't even care about the natures as long as they are female I'll keep them.
>>
>>28122757
What's the website?
>>
>>28121807
I masturbated to May's armpits and feet while playing ORAS (to her model I mean).
>>
I use to climb mt cornet every other day and declare myself king of Sinnoh. And my team consisted of all three starters, lucario, Staraptor, and Luxray. I thought only the starters and lucario were good because of the lucario movie and sinnoh anime.
>>
>>28122783
http://www.behindthename.com/
>>
>>28122757
I also have to do a monotype challenge in every playthrough. The type I choose has to do with what type best represents my career/studies. Right now it's fairy type due to fairytales and mythology.

Yes, I'm the library tech Anon. I swear I'm not that autistic IRL.
>>
when Colosseum came out i honestly thought it was a direct sequel to the Stadium games and didn't know it was mostly a single player game... was only mad about it for like 5 minutes tho
>>
File: image.png (146KB, 534x399px)
image.png
146KB, 534x399px
I tend to avoid legendaries on both in-game teams and online teams, even if its a legendary I like, simply because I cant reasonably see an average trainer being able to capture or train one.

Similarly, I tend to avoid water-types that wouldn't be able to function on land.
>>
>>28123007
I also do the legendary thing. It just seems like something you should do.
>>
File: slowpokeshellder.jpg (117KB, 1280x999px) Image search: [Google]
slowpokeshellder.jpg
117KB, 1280x999px
When I was a kid, I taught a Slowpoke surf and surfed around on it in an area where you could fish up Shellder, hoping that one would bite its tail and cause it to evolve.
>>
I always save at the same spot i a pokemon center. More precisely i save in the center of the pokeball floor tiles
>>
>>28123097
I usually grab a chair and do this
>>
>>28121807
I was seriously expecting a patch for Pokédex 3d pro when gen 6 came out...
>>
when I was a kid I thought Luvdisc evolved into Alomaloma
>>
in summer camp 1999 i gave away a cloned but legit nintendo tour mew to all the other kids for shit mons. That was the only time in my life when people generally gave me a collective positive feedback and a girl showed interest in me. I turned her down
>>
>>28123007
same. i DO use the cover legendaries in the battle against the main villain of the game though cause it just feels right and you usually catch them directly before, but then i box them
>>
>>28123097
This. You're not alone, brother. I was mind blown when Gen 6 started and people were complaining their saves were corrupt because they saved in the Lumiose city overworld before the patch fixed it. I genuinely thought everyone saved in a Pokemon center.
>>
>>28123097
I forget which game it was where you couldn't center yourself.
>>
File: 2014-05-27-569-Nidoking.png (375KB, 900x679px) Image search: [Google]
2014-05-27-569-Nidoking.png
375KB, 900x679px
Breeding.

I knew that "Baby Pokemon couldn't breed". However I always thought that "Baby Pokemon" referred to all first-stage Pokemon not counting the ones with a cross-gen evolution after gen 2 (because how would a Murkrow breed, of course).

So when I was breeding in gen V my process was:

Get eggs
Fly to Skyarrow Bridge to hatch
Find best IVs via Pokecheck
If one that surpassed the parents was found, fly to that one area with the level 50ish Audino patches and level up the new parent to the second stage evolution, making sure to keep all of the potential egg moves
Repeat

My first breeding project was fucking Garchomp as well.
I always though those comics about breeding where a first-stage Pokemon was the parent were made by uninformed dumbasses who didn't understand that baby Pokemon couldn't breed.

Then again, breeding pre-Destiny Knot was such a hassle that I could have just stopped at "breeding".
>>
>>28123114
I really dont get your post
>>
>>28123270
pretty sure it was gen 3... that used to bother me so damn much
>>
>>28123275
I enjoyed your comic
>>
>>28121807
I used to nickname my rival ash or cunt, or any other name similar to that.

I never nickname my Pokemon

I don't use friendship evolution Pokemon, because they used to be worthless.
>>
I always caught Pokemon who prevented me from running away so for some dumb reason I assumed they must be powerful. This is what got me my Flygon since Trapich's Arena Trap forced me to catch it.
>>
File: 1426558021212.jpg (100KB, 391x412px) Image search: [Google]
1426558021212.jpg
100KB, 391x412px
>>28121807

During summer, I didn't have anything better to do than play my Red version as a child, leveling up through the e4 just so I can get my hundos.

I did it so many times I think I started to lose it.

After a point, every time I encountered Lorelei's Cloyster, I mimicked it's smirk and then look at my reflection in the screen.

Also throw my head around with certain attacks, or open my eyes wide to move with move sound effects and graphics, like Slash or Surf.

Or imitate the super effective sound when I would throw out a SE attack.
>>
>>28123097
Y-you too?
>>
I have fished at least 1 pokemon in every accessible water tile in every pokemon game
I've severe balltism, to the point I have run from no fewer than 3 shinies because I didn't have the right ball
I wish I was kidding
>>
>>28123497
This isn't autistic at all.

>>28123775
I wish you were kidding too.
>>
>>28123097
Why?
>>
I always leave and enter buildings at least 3 times otherwise I believe that something bad might happen. Sometimes I talk to NPCs from all directions.
This behavior is starting to affect my rl up to the point where I have to unlock and lock my front door many times until I am sure that it is closed and I did not forget anything
>>
>>28124005
anon, i'm pretty sure you have OCD, or are at least starting to show symptoms of it
>>
I always have 2 females and 4 males
Every since I was 9 and when I was 13 I always add a gallade
>>
>>28121807
i have sexual relations with a pokemon
>>
>>28121839
Man, me too. I played R/S/E before G/S/C, so when I saw a pink Nidoran I was like "That must be nidoqueen's pre-evolution!" and was thoroughly disappointed when I got a nidorino.
>>
>>28124054
What does that stand for and where did I get it
>>
my stepbro only will catch male pokemon. i've heard of people on here that are like that and i just don't get it, especially if you don't plan on breeding. the guy once reset platinum for at least 30 minutes until he got a male chimchar
>>
>>28123765
Pretty autistic but hey you were a kid
>>
>>28124160
For roleplaying reasons it sometimes just feels right to have certain pokemon as male, and certain pokemon as female
>>
>>28124153
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. You got it from you
>>
File: plasma.png (186KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
plasma.png
186KB, 894x894px
Gotta move the finger along with the lightning bolt during the intro.
>>
>>28124340
??????
>>
>>28124365
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojEdlxnngPY

1:19. It's a lot less fluid there.
>>
I save the game after literally anything happens that I would consider an 'event'. For example I would save after a string of trainers, or a route, every time I heal at a pokemon center, and everytime I beat a boss (rival, gym, etc.)

I see this more as logical than autistic though. I don't want to have to do it again
>>
I only catch and use female Pokemon.
>>
>>28124153
Obsessive compulsive disorder. Comes in many forms. I don't think you can develop it during life, you are born with it (not certain however). It's basically just a small mental disorder that can hamper your daily life with little things you do that other people don't do, obsessively. Such as your door locking, etc.
>>
>>28123183

To be fair, everyone thought it would evolve into Alomaloma when it was released.

My team is always composed of Pokemon from that region, even if there are better choices from without. The only exceptions are HG (because the Johto Pokemon variation sucks) W2 (because I had a Lucario early on and by the time more choices became available, it had cemented itself as being too useful to permabox) and AS (because I had trouble thinking about which Pokemon should take up my 6th slot and settled on Aerodactyl).

I also never have normal types on my team after the 2nd gym because they don't have any strengths and are weak to fighting types. On the other hand, I always have a Water type no matter what. Half because it's my favorite type and I always have a water type that I like in every generation, and half because they are usually pretty viable to have on my team.

Finally, I never reuse a Pokemon that I've used on a previous game UNLESS I'm playing that generations remake. Again, the only time I broke this rule was when I used Lucario in W2 because I used it in my Diamond playthrough as well.
>>
>>28123007
This. For some reason I just can't bring myself to use a legendary l, despite the fact that I don't really role play at all. I'm at the point where I don't even catch them, and any free event legends that I just have to download, I dont.

It also triggers me that there's a constant increasing percentage of legendary pokemon per region. They stop feeling special and more just like hype mon to handout, and I don't want a handout pokemon. Have to catch shit myself.

When pokemon are traded to me, I'll breed it so that I'm the OT of what I use. Even perfect IV pokemon, I'll go through the hassle of breeding that shit with the nature I need and teach the moves myself if I need to.
>>
>>28121881

This happened to me during BW.

The Bianca is Champion shops got me.
>>
>>28123765
Cute
>>
When B/W 2 came out, i thought it would be 3DS enhanced to play in widescreen.
>>
Crystal was my first game, and boy let me tell you.

I used to think that if you fought a pokemon your current one was weak against, it would gain a resistance. (Ex: My Typhlosion and water types)

I completely forgot for around 6 years that my Lugia knew fly. so I would bike EVERYWHERE. Surprisingly I don't recall hating the experience.

If I am thinking when I am saving, I'll forget that I saved. Seriously this still happens. Sometimes I would re-save so much that I was pretty damn sure I saved, but couldn't remember.

and the last and my personal favorite.

I used to think that if you bred the Red Gyarados you would get Magikarps that would spontaneously turn shiny when they evolve.
>>
>>28123097

I now end every XY session in the house of the dead old man in Anistar. I pretend he gave it to me.

When I start playing again and leave the house I always make sure to say "I'm off!"

When I come back to save or to use things like Amie and the PSS I always say "I'm home!"
>>
>>28124160
I do this too, all my Pokes that I get ready for online battles must be male.

Autistic? Maybe
>>
>>28123097
This.
>>
>>28124577

You're not necessarily born with it (although there is Obsessive Compulsive Personalty Disorder, which develops during childhood, but it's nowhere near the same thing). What happens is that the person who has OCD has these urges (compulsions) to do certain activities everytime something happens (obsessions), and that if they don't do something, they feel bad, like feeling uneasy, panicky, etc. Usually, the only way to get rid of it is to slowly work yourself out of the compulsions/obsessions, usually with the help of a therapist.

Source: Psychology major who's had a grandpa with OCD
>>
>>28122827
you're not alone, footbro
>>
>>28123097
I do this too.

I got used to saving at the Pokemon Center because of Stadium 1 and 2
>>
A month ago, I replayed SS in order to get the three birds. I played through the entire game without Fly or the bike, the latter cuz I forgot where to get it and I was lazy, and the second because I didnt want any bullshit flying types on my team.
>>
i caught and purified all the shadow pokemon in XD, without letting them go to Miror B. i wouldn't have felt like i'd completed the games otherwise. also to catch them, i clenched my left fist, closed my eyes, and held down B because it felt like it worked
>>
Autistic things? Well I didn't see any problem with the mods deleting a FUN and HARMLESS thread that's a nice break from the shithole that is /vp/
>>
>>28126592
>XD
>28126615
Want this spicy, delicious, crumb licking (You)? Too bad. Just admit HG belongs in /trash/.
>>
>>28126592
I know I did that in Colosseum but I can't remember if I did it for XD as well
>>
>>28121966
lol
>>
>>28126671
the fuck is HG?
>>
>>28126758
>>28126778
>XD
>>28126795
Hunger Games
>>
>>28123270

FRLG
>>
>>28124340
I'm playing through black again, and started doing this, so that made me smile
>>
File: 639.jpg (44KB, 680x460px) Image search: [Google]
639.jpg
44KB, 680x460px
>from RBY to RSE I had a personal golden rule that every pokémon I used had to had at least one Normal attacking move; things like Return on Latias

>when I battled my friends all of my teams had one fire, one water and one electric pokémon. The other three were "free" but almost always I had a ground type with me

>I always saved the game at friendly places such as pokémon centers or nice NPCs houses

>if I were to release a pokémon I'd do it on a city close to where you can find that kind of pokémon (or other stages of its line; otherwise I'd release them on the daycare

>never breed a pokémon on its first stage; always equip a Luck Incense on the pokémon I left on daycare
>>
>>28124160
>the guy once reset platinum for at least 30 minutes until he got a male chimchar
I don't understand how this happens when it's skewed toward being male in the first place
>>
>>28121807
Named the rival in Silver "Idot' when trying to spell "Idiot."
>>
>>28121807
When I'm gonna box any of my Pokemon, I use to put them in Alphabetic order and when I'm going to save the game I only do it in a Pokemon Center, basically i suffer of OCD like somebody said it up
>>
>>28121807
TIME TO LEAVE THESE SHITTY THREADS BEHIND HG IS BACK!!!!
>>28126625

just in case any based anons who like FUN and were in the old threads didn't know
>>
I always make "save points" in towns and cities, certain dungeons, and before important fights. So I always save in a spot where you might figure a map designer for Final Fantasy, Paper Mario, etc. would place an in-game save point.
>>
I used to think in Black 2 that I could beat almost anything with a Stoutland with Silk Scarf, maximum friendship and Return... then I met Ghost types.
>>
When ever I box a pokemon, I box them according to number. Now while that may only slightly autistic, I do it whenever I start a new game as well, and I always put them in EXACTLY the right spot for their number. It makes switching pokemon a hassle
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.