[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the first shiny you ever got? and how did you feel when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 17

File: image.png (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
26KB, 300x300px
What was the first shiny you ever got? and how did you feel when you first saw it?
Pic Related
I was only 7 at the time when emerald came out and had no idea about shinies but I caught it anyways and made it part of my team
And to this day on my old GBA
ShadowEye still remains in my team
>>
I remember all the shinies I've seen

>Shiny Pineco in Silver that used selfdestruct
>Shiny Graveler in Leaf Green that used selfdestruct
>Another Shiny Graveler that used selfdestruct in Diamond
>Shiny Shinx I actually caught in Platinum
>Shiny Sandshrew that ranaway in SS safari zone
>Shiny Amongus in XY that I hate
>>
First shiny I ran into was a shiny Starly in Diamond...but the thing was I wasn't aware that shiny pokemon were a thing so I thought "Oh that must mean it's going to evolve soon, my starly will be like that soon" and ran away from it.
>>
>Karrablast in W2
>No friends with whom to trade
>>
>>28113731
Was farming Audinos in White
ran out of repels
walked back through the grass,
BAM Shiny Minccino.
>>
>I was only 7 at the time when emerald came out

MODS
>>
>>28113731
Not counting the ones I got from GTS/Events
>Slowpoke in LeafGreen(Safari Zone, it fled)
>Zigzagoon in Ruby
>Pinsir in Pearl
>Paras in Diamond (3rd egg I hatched)
>Diglett in LGFR (can't remember)
>Dugtrio in LGFR (I wasn't even hunting them)
>Pidgey in HeartGold (Battery ran dry couldn't continue save file)
>Machop in Leafgreen
>Durant in White
>Gothita in Black
>Weedle in HGSS
>Magikarp in Y (Chain Fishing)
>Swalot in friend safari Y
>>
Red gyarados, nigga duh
>>
>>28113731
I was 8, and on a walk while playing Gold. I was doing the Bug Contest and all of a sudden I got a shiny Caterpie! It was also super high leveled (for a Caterpie) and I ended up winning.

Got it to Butterfree and boxed it, only to find a shiny Weedle about two weeks later.
>>
Shiny Swinub in Gold. It was blue with red stripes. Luckily I was smart enough to know it was shiny because of the red Gyarados encounter. Then it evolved into Piloswine and barely looked different from the regular sprite. I was pissed.
>>
>>28114030
Pidgey in regular Gold, not Heartgold
>>
File: Staraptor_DP_Shiny.png (118KB, 579x754px) Image search: [Google]
Staraptor_DP_Shiny.png
118KB, 579x754px
>>28113731
Shiny Starly in Platinum. Has the right nature fortunately, but the stats were and still are balls. I'm looking forward to using Hyper Training to get it where it needs to be.
>>
File: tauros.png (1015B, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
tauros.png
1015B, 80x80px
First wild shiny was in SS, was just walking through some grass when a Tauros popped up.
>That's a weird looking Tauros
> Holy shit that's a shiny
Not my favorite Pokemon, but pretty alright so I was cool with it. My second was a Yanma in a horde battle in X.
>>
>>28113988
I'm 19 now faggot do the maths
>>
>>28113988
>>28114222
>>28114155
Check em
>>
File: 1470162279082.gif (886KB, 201x201px) Image search: [Google]
1470162279082.gif
886KB, 201x201px
>>28113731
>Be 5th grade me
>DPP was life for me and the majority of the year group
>None of us know how to get volt tackle on our raichus
>Playing one day when an encounter
>Mfw shiny pikachu
>Catch that shit up
>Check my box to admire the beauty
>Fuckinglightball.jpg
>5th grade me doesn't know what this does
>Internet tells me u can get volt tackle.
>Literally spent all day breeding and leveling up the pichu
>Tfw finally lv.100
>Bring to school next week
>Everybody flipped shit
>Told them light ball breeding gives you volt tackle
>Rich kid in my year says how much for the light ball
>Buisiness Me says £50 or GTFO
>Richy rich says yes
>Mfw when my first shiny earned 5th grade me £50
>>
>>28114281
Kek
This better be true
>>
>>28113731
Found him in X/Y. Found him in that beach town that had some person trade you a Steelix for a Luvdisc. Also, didn't they raise the chance of seeing a shiny in Gen 6?
>>
File: 1456516192220.jpg (72KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1456516192220.jpg
72KB, 640x640px
>>28113731
First shiny I ever found was in emerald. It was a tentacool near pacifidlog town meets the rapid waters. I remember thinking it was just something that happened in everyone's game so I brushed it off. I went into school that next day and told my friends about it. One friend got out his SP and flew to pacifidlog town and surfed for about 15 min. A ton of tentacool later, I was called a liar. Then the kid caught a shiny swablu. So fuck him
>>
Caught a purple Audino years ago in White. She actually has a decent nature in modest, so I want to hyper train her and hopefully they buffed Healer next gen.
>>
>>28114357
They doubled it. 1 in 4000something. Still pretty rare though.
>>
File: 1471990288882.jpg (99KB, 540x1119px) Image search: [Google]
1471990288882.jpg
99KB, 540x1119px
>>28113731
>wonder trade in Y
>someone sent over a Remoraid
>man fuck this fish I'll release him
>Notice weird color, it's a fucking shiny
>put him up asking for a Rayquaza for shits
>get Rayquaza
>mfw someone really wanted that Shiny Remoraid
>>
The playground legend was my purple Heracross from the Emerald Safari Zone.
>Anon! My brother says there's no such thing as a purple Heracross!
Shut up, Noah.

My real first shiny was a pink Wooper in Pokémon XD on the GameCube. I was young, so I thought it was just a gender difference and female Wooper were just pink.
>>
>>28113731
First shiny I ever found was a shiny Gastly in FireRed.
Sister released it. Feels bad man.
>>
>>28113731
Does Red Gyarados count?

If not, then probably shiny Koffing in Crystal while checking out the burnt tower.
>>
>>28113731
I can't quite remember. I think I might have been playing a friend's Crystal game and ran into a shiny Rhyhorn? Does that count? It also could have a been a dream, to be fair.

I've had some encounters after that, but they've usually been in roms so I don't count that. I know I found one in my first playthrough of Y, but I can't remember what it was.

Does that mean the next one I catch I should count as my first one?
>>
>>28113731
ayy, my first shiny was a Sableye on Emerald too. I still have him, he's on my copy of Black
>>
>>28114042
>>28114674
The one true answer
>>
Shiny Audino in White , apparently
I don't remember seeing it, but the shiny form was in my Pokedex, so I must have killed it while grinding
>>
>>28114751
>>28114751
>>28114476
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbamoPhIanc
>>
>>28114674
Chuggaconroy please go
>>
>>28114722
Nice
>>
File: Spr_6x_702_s.png (3KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Spr_6x_702_s.png
3KB, 240x240px
Just got my first shiny today, been playing every game since Ruby/Sapphire. Was replaying Y and I found it Route 11. I'm just happy I finally found one
>>
>>28114887
Prove it
Timestamp included
>>
>>28114737
What about the Odd Egg?
>>
My first was a Shiny Tentacool in front of Mt. Pyre, I think it was on Emerald

My second was Floatzel but it might have been with PokeRadar so meh
>>
File: Pyro Thumbs Up.jpg (35KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Pyro Thumbs Up.jpg
35KB, 640x360px
>>28114887
Congrats.
>>
First Shiny I got was a Graveler in Leaf Green while using rock smash on the island where Moltres is. I vaguely remember thinking that I didn't have enough pokeballs or that my battery would run out trying to get it.
>>
>>28114914
Red Gyarados was in G/S and Odd Egg was only in Crystal I think
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2994x3145px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2994x3145px
This fagit.

Trained him and all but never use it online.
>>
>Shiny Aron in Emerald while trying to find a Nosepass
>Shiny Meditite in Diamond just after catching one and adding it to my team
>Shiny Graveler in Diamond while EV training Self-Destructed just before Yawn would put it to sleep
>Shiny Wooper in Diamond while EV training
>Shiny Kricketune in Diamond
>Shiny Pidgey in HeartGold
>Shiny Audino in White
>Shiny Duosion in White 2 after picking the game up again for the first time in a year
>Shiny Mareep in X
>Shiny Dugtrio in X
>Shiny Spinda in OR which I then used in game to surprising effect
It's great because I'm well known among my friends to have terrible luck in just about everything, but shinies seem to be the exception. The only game I haven't found a shiny in would be FireRed, my first game.
>>
File: 20160828_123218.jpg (2MB, 2992x2348px) Image search: [Google]
20160828_123218.jpg
2MB, 2992x2348px
>>28114898
good enough?

>>28114931
thanks Anon
>>
Shiny Golbat in Ruby
I didn't know what shinies were back then, thought it was a scripted event like Red Gyaradosi n GSC, and I didn't notice it in the overworld. Obviously I caught it, I wouldn't have passed an opportunity like this.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
First was pic related, using the chain fishing.
Second was a Gulpin from a random encounter.
Third was a Zorua from one dexnav chain.
>>
>>28115007
why the fuck are you using gyro ball on an electrode
>>
File: 022.png (2KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
022.png
2KB, 80x80px
>>28113731
Fearow in diamond was my first ever random encounter, still have it on my Y file.

I really hate shiny sableye honestly, regular one looks so good and then the shiny fucksit up m.
>>
The only shiny I ever catch was Red Gyarados and never ever met another one
>>
Wild Golbat in Platinum.

Lost the cartridge since. Never encountered another shiny again.
>>
Shiny Geodude found by accident
>>
File: shiny klefki.png (43KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
shiny klefki.png
43KB, 300x300px
Been playing pokemon for over a decade, only shiny I've ever gotten is this. I wasn't even trying to get it either.
>>
>>28113731
Mine was a Tentacool. I was watching a movie on TV and found it in SS. I unfortunately lost her when my digital Pokemon X glitched out and corrupted the save, alsongside my shiny Scolipede and Joltik. Only my Mareep and Pelliper remain...
>>
First shiny I saw with in either FR or LG and it was a Psyduck. I was young and didn't know what it was, thought my game had glitched somewhere between Psyduck evolving into a Golduck (idk) so ran away
>>
>>28113731
Pikachu on Fire Red, but I just discovered later when I was trading it to my pokemon Leaf Green cartridge and my friend noticed it. At the time I didn't even know "shiny pokemon" existed and shiny pikachu is very close to the common one.

>>28113988
Retard.
>>
>>28113731
Shiny zubat
It was in diamond, I killed it on purpose

Shiny meditate
Diamond, I killed it on purpose

Shiny skunky
Diamond, I killed it on purpose

I had the worst luck with shitty pokemon shinies
>>
>>28115086
I only used it in game so it didn't really matter.
>>
Just hatched a shiny Chansey the other day.
>>
File: 101.gif (566B, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
101.gif
566B, 64x64px
This guy in Ruby. I was a dork and named him Lucky
>>
>>28115643
My brother found one of those in Sapphire. Someone stole the game from him and he was pissed. Never played a Pokemon game since.
>>
>>28115506
Nah, you're just autistic and raged when the shiny wasn't your bro.
If you had just kept it, you could've developed an appreciation for the species or, at the very least, traded them off and had three shinies you actually wanted.
>>
>>28113731
I got a Shiny Rattata in Heartgold, which is the only shiny I've ever got.

>Had Guts
>Had a plus attack nature
>>
Shiny Swablu in Pokemon Emerald. I was searching for a Zangoose in Emerald because I didn't know that it was exclusive for Ruby and after a dozen of encounters that swablu appeared. I didn't know it was shiny back then but I caught it and I didn't evolve it to altaria because I was scared that its gold colour would dissapear
>>
>>28113731
wingull in emerald after E4

shitty and useless.
>>
shiny spinarak in gold when i was 13, but the cartrige has been corrupted for a while.
rip "fang" 2000 - 2011
>>
First shiny I got aside from gyrados was a farfetched in HG but my little brother saved over that file, my other shiny mons are a geodude and sneasle in x and a wingull in AS also got the shiny beldum as well. Trying out shiny hunting right now and have not had any luck yet.
>>
>>28113731
Shiny Psyduck in Platinum on an Emulator

I named it Endothermy and forgot to backup my shit when I had to do a system wipe a few months ago
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.