[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best bug team without memegas? > Volcanora

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1472016536693.png (599KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472016536693.png
599KB, 640x480px
What's the best bug team without memegas?
> Volcanora
> Heracross
> Butterfree
> Ninjask
> Scizor
> Scolipede
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 640x379px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 640x379px
>>28113045
>butterfree
>not galvantula
And don't you dare run him as a sticky meme sui lead, you troglodyte garbage
>>
>>28113045
Replace Butterfree with either Vivilllon (gets compound eyes Hurricane) or Venomoth, and since you already have a Speed Boost mon with Scolipede, swap Ninjask for Galvantula. Foretress also belongs in there somewhere.
>>
Isn't Butterfree outclassed by both Beautifly and Vivillon?
>>
>>28113152
Yes
>>
>>28113045
Scyther would be good if not for rocks, Venonat can be a good lead, Foretress is a great tank
>>
>>28113152
Vivillion yes, Beautifly not really.
>>
>>28113045
ninjask is garbage
scolipede does the same job without being complete shit at doing other things
>>
>>28113471
It's never too late to kill yourself
>>
>>28113045

Ninjask? Butterfree?

Are you serious?

Scolipede and vivillon outclass them in every single way possible, except ninjask has a useless initial higher speed.

Anyways, forretress is almost mandatory. Stealth rocks to harm fire/flying types which you are weak to, and rapid spin to get rid of stealth rocks you are weak to. But my favorite reason to use forretress is volt switch. Bug are almost all frail, so using volt switch lets forretress act as a pivot to safely switch in other frail bugs.

Also, I used to use armaldo as its rock type was surprisingly useful, and it also had stealth rock/rapid spin, but I imagine power creep has made it too outclassed.
>>
Scizor
Volcarona
Heracross
Galvantula
Genesect
Arceus-Bug

Good luck motherfucker
>>
>>28113643

Assuming non ubers as well, you're going to want this team, but with forretress and some other bug to for coverage. Probably armaldo.

Make no mistake though, just because Scolipede is OU doesn't mean it is useful in monotype, when your team shares the same weaknesses and stabs, it really harms baton pass.

Also, I have no idea why you are against megas, mega pinsir is invaluable in monobug
>>
>>28113615
>>28113747
Armaldo is probably better than Forretress now because it's your only answer to bullshitburde outside of Crustle, and they removed the priority berry Forretress loves carrying.

Crustle was actually a pretty good sweeper with Sturdy Shell Smash, too, but like Volcarona, it got shit on by the new priority meta.
>>
>>28113045
>team without memegas
>has Heracross and Scizor in team
>>
>>28113846

That's what I thought, but unfortunately armaldo isn't bulky enough to do the trick. The only way to efficiently deal with talonflame is to be able to eat AT LEAST 2 brave birds and survive, this way you can switch in on it to protect your team mates, and survive a second brave bird. But armaldo isn't bulky enough to take 2 brave birds from a max attack choice band talonflame. It will do like ~51-60% HP which means that if you switch in they'll see they can kill you with another brave bird. If you sack a team mate to safely get armaldo in, no one outside of an idiot will leave talonflame in against armaldo then they'll u turn, and you have to sack another team mate to safely get armaldo in again later in the match, repeat ad infinitum until talonflame has taken out everyone except armaldo.

I was experimenting with a max defense crustle, which can take two brave birds easily, but unfortunately it's dead weight against anything that's not talonflame.

I've played around with this a lot and talonflame is absolutely the bane of monobug, it made me stop playing with my bug team
>>
>>28113879

Heracross has been unfortunately a victim of power creep, but it can still be useful with the close combat and other coverage moves that other bugs have trouble getting

Scizor is still great without the mega, and I almost feel like mega scizor is the waste of the mega slot. It's not that much better.

Mega Pinsir is really the way to go though. A bug team that shares common weaknesses pretty much has to rely on hyper offense
>>
>>28113992
>t. low elo shitter

Mega Scizor >>> Regular Scizor
>>
>>28113957
This shit is why Talonflame was the only non-Uber Pokemon banned from Monotype on Showdown. Monograss teams had it just as bad, only being able to respond with M-Venu and Cradily, and Fighting had similar problems.
>>
>>28114070

Better. But not so much better to justify passing over mega pinsir
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.