[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Pokemon with mismatched stats/movepool/abilities and other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: This piece of shit.png (883KB, 1135x1227px) Image search: [Google]
This piece of shit.png
883KB, 1135x1227px
ITT: Pokemon with mismatched stats/movepool/abilities and other assorted Gamefreak fuckups.

>Special attack focused
>Doesn't get Flamethrower until level 38
>Doesn't get Hyper Voice until 48
>Attack Stat is shit, but learns a bunch of good physical attacks it can't use well
>Abilities: Rivalry and Moxie, totally useless to it

Gamefreak, what the fuck.
>>
File: 034 (1).png (58KB, 385x335px) Image search: [Google]
034 (1).png
58KB, 385x335px
>awesome special movepool
>sheer force, which is great for special movepool
>higher attack stat, attack even raised up 10 points in gen 6
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (110KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
110KB, 1920x1080px
>shit stats
>only learns one move by leveling up
>abilities: vital spirit & hustle
>hidden ability: insomnia
WHY
>>
File: 250px-489Phione.png (40KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-489Phione.png
40KB, 250x250px
>>28105785
I never realized its attack was so low. 68 is way too weak. They should at least bumped it up to 78, a bst of 515 isn't too high.

Also, pic related. Stats are the same as Glalie. 80 across the board. Why?
>>
>>28105785
Because Gamefreak is more concerned with themeing then making things viable. Which is a shame, since if more Pokemon had proper stat. Then we would see more variety in the competitive scene.

But since Pokemon is mainly for kids, they want to teach kids a lesson that some people are better then others and that if you really care about something, then it shouldn't matter if they suck or not, stick with them.

Needless to say, they hate the current competitive scene and every new mechanic is something to fuck with it.
>>
File: gourgeist.png (519KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
gourgeist.png
519KB, 1024x1024px
>>28105785

>great special movepool
>dog shit special attack
>forever second fiddle to Trevenant

It still hurts
>>
>>28105785
How to fix: Female has her attack and Special Attack stat swapped. So females have 109 Attack and 68 Sp.Attack.
>>
File: 600px-586Sawsbuck-Winter.png (159KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-586Sawsbuck-Winter.png
159KB, 600x600px
>Hidden Ability: Serene Grace
>Only status-effect-causing moves it gets that work with Serene Grace: Bounce, Snore, Secret Power.
>Doesn't even learn Headbutt

Let me reiterate that:

>STAG POKEMON
>ITS HEAD IS ITS MAIN WEAPON
>DOESN'T LEARN HEADBUTT, ZEN HEADBUTT, OR ANYTHING ELSE HAVING TO DO WITH ATTACKING WITH THE HEAD.
>>
>>28105945
I would be so down with this. Even if I like the look of the Male more than the female, it makes perfect sense.
>>
>>28105965
It's not attacking with its head, it's attacking with its antlers.
>>
>>28106052
Which are attached to...
>>
>>28105841
Nidoking gets good physical moves too though.
>>
File: Typhlosion.png (76KB, 357x411px) Image search: [Google]
Typhlosion.png
76KB, 357x411px
>Fire punch
>Thunder Punch
>Earthquake
>Double Edge
>Flare Blitz
>Brick Break
>Aerial Ace
>Shadow Claw
>Rock Slide
>Body Slam

>84 Attack
>Barely Decent abilities
>Decent Speed
>Complete lack of bulk
>No useful setup moves

Why do you hate my favourite yellow human gamefreak?
>>
>>28105785
It's the same for houndoom and jolteon among a bunch of other dogs and cats and shit. Lots of physical attacks, but low attack/high special.

>>28105878
>they hate the current competitive scene
Maybe they should release a major overhaul to the pokemon in the pokedex. They could always set it so the next game pokemon end up updates the pokemon and tags it so it can't go back through the bank to older games.
>>
>>28105965
>>ITS HEAD IS ITS MAIN WEAPON
It's not you fucking retard.
>>
>>28106081
I don't know, what are the males attached to?
>>
File: 395Empoleon.png (770KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
395Empoleon.png
770KB, 1280x1280px
>Good Physical movepool
>Has Swords Dance to boosts its attack
>Hidden Ability is Defiant
>Has an average base attack of 86
>>
>>28105785
>Doesn't get Special Moxie.
>>28106318
>Doesn't get Competitive.
These two in particular piss me off. At least give the penguin Roost, fuck.
>>
>>28106168
>>28106208
Retarded on purpose, do not engage.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.