[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do all box legendaries from gen 3 onwards always hate each

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

Why do all box legendaries from gen 3 onwards always hate each other to death? Why can't they be bros like Ho-Oh and Ligua?
>>
>>28103993
Palkia and Dialga don't hate each other
>>
theyre not even bros though they just dont even fuck with each other. dat respectful distance
>>
I'd like to see a gen where there are two box legends that were locked away because they were constantly trying to fuse into one powerful legend. The third legend in the trio is the one that tries to keep them apart.

It's a mix of elements from gen 3 and 5.
>>
>>28104116
What about a Pokémon so powerful that it was split into two different beings and locked away from each other, and now they're trying to be one once again
>>
>>28107009
Nah, that sounds silly.
>>
Since box legendaries are version exclusives, their backstory could be that they are best friends and the only way to reunite them is to catch them and trade one of them.
>>
Lunala and Solgaleo are starcrossed lovers. They just want to cuddle but they are always stuck on opposite sides of the planet.
>>
>>28103993
>bros like Ho-Oh and Ligua
[citation needed]
>>
I'm up for a game with no legendaries. It got boring after gen II. It's always the same shit. This repetitive shit is what made me drop these games for over a decade. Pokemon is a franchise that never gets reinvented.
>>
>>28108117
I'd be cool with no legends too, but theyre too popular to get rid of.

Of the things Gen 1 did right is the ratio of non-legends to legends imho. 5 legendaries out of a 151 dex is a good spread. I love Gen 5 and all but fuck me there are way too many legends.
>>
>>28108117
I don't know about know legends, but I would be down with another game where the legendaries aren't a big part of the plot, and are something you happen upon or have to seek out instead.

Crystal was the first time I think a legendary was really shoved in your face, and it just spiraled out of control from there, until you get to Black and White where you're forced to catch it to even proceed.
>>
>>28107009
>>28107080
NotReshi
NotZek
>>
>>28104006
They fought each other several times across the Gen IV movies.
>>
>>28108593
>Movies
>even remotely canon

Nothing in the games indicate that they hate each other, if anything they just stay out of each other's way.
>>
>>28108139
Agreed. Legendaries should be minimal, and they don't always have to be the focus of the plot.
>>
>>28108426
I didn't mind it so much in BW and RSE for that matter so much, because its clear from about a third of the way through that the legendaries are going to be a big plot point. DPPt foreshadowed them too, but they were too big in scale; catching a personification of time/space etc and using it to battle the E4 was fucking stupid.

I do like that at least in BW N used one of the legendaries against you, if they're going to use them as plot points thats probably the way to do it.

Hoping they're a minimal element in Sun/Moon though, but I'm not optimistic. Its the low hanging fruit story wise.
>>
If I had a pokemon game focused on character development, that just so happens to have a legendary in the background, It'd be my favorite modern pokemon game.
>>
>>28108139
Gen 4 and 5 were the worst with legendaries. Some of them like Shaymin and Zekrom became some of my favorites but yeah, too many.
>>
>>28108100
The moon is in the daytime sky over the course of its cycle just as long as its in the night time sky.
>>
>>28108880
I think RSE handled it fairly well. The scale felt reasonable, you could defeat it rather than catch it, and in Emerald I don't think you could catch any of the three before the elite 4, so they stayed a bit mysterious that way despite showing up in force.

DPPt is where it started getting more out of hand, since the fate of the entire universe was at stake, and they had the trio legends tie into it as well.

BW brought it back somewhat in terms of scale, but I dislike what they did with trying to force a legendary on legendary battle.

If Sun and Moon has the legends be more incedental, it'll be wonderful. Honestly, I'd love for them just being awakened accidentally when Team Skull vandalizes some sacred ruins.
>>
>>28108100
>chasing each other around the planet and that's what causes day and night in the pokemon world.
>>
>>28108139
more legendaries = more optional places to explore to find them in

there is a direct correlation between XY's lack of legends and minimal optional areas
>>
>>28110182
This, I enjoy postgame legend hunting without guides. Was very much upset to realize there was literally nothing to do once I beat X/Y.
At least I have autistic romhacks with all legendaries put into the game to catch.
>>
>>28110182
> more legendaries = more optional places to explore to find them in

Not really what ORAS is
>>
>>28103993
Wasn't hooh jelly of lugia being the big boss of the bird trio in gen 1? So he created the beast tro
>>
I thought most of the box legendaries just kept to themselves. Like Dialga just jerks off in a corner to Lopunny hentai while the events of Pearl go on, or vice versa.
>>
>>28107009
You mean Reshiram and Zekrom, you retard
>>
>>28110182
>more optional places to explore to find them in
Yeah, nah. They barely even give you legendary dungeons anymore. I was expecting to find Xerneas in some cool looking forest, and Yveltal in some dark ruin, but nope. Just the lame Flare lab. They didn't even try with Diancie, you just get some text at the pokemon center
>>
>>28108811
Anon never specified which canon he was discussing.
>>
>>28110714
No Ho-oh was sad that Pokemon died in the fire when the tower burned down so he brought them back to life. That had nothing to do with jealousy or its relationship with Lugia.
>>
>>28104007
>>28108106
Ho-oh is the one that loses his tower, but Lugia instead of bragging also leaves his own tower so they can both be on "equal grounds" in some designated caves. That's pretty bro.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.