[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If a new type(s) is introduced in SM what should it be and how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (363KB, 810x602px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
363KB, 810x602px
If a new type(s) is introduced in SM what should it be and how could it fit in game?
>>
>>28103360
>Ground/Rock is now Mud type
>Water/Ice is now H20 type
>Normal type is now Neutral type
>>
>>28103360
Sound and Cosmic are the two most common ideas tossed around and would be relatively easy to implement compared to other possible types. The Cosmic-type would fit well in Sun and Moon, but the fact that Solgaleo and Lunala are Psychic-type greatly hinders that possibility.
>>
>>28103360
Dead type
They die instantly
>>
>>28103360
I would prefer if they actually grouped like types and re-named them. A few types are just too similar in my opinion.

Rock + Ground = Earth
Ice+Water = Water?
Normal+Flying = Normal? (or at least change flying to air/wind type)
>>
>>28103406
I think the general consensus is Cosmic's niche has been taken by Fairy stealing moon concepts and half the space/alien-like Pokemon and Sound is too predictable of a type that GF just has to be contrarian and never be able to use it, like Light type.
>>
>>28103360
Sound
>>
>>28103360
I would say sound for sure. Cosmic is basically a variation of psychic so it's a little pointless. It doesn't matter anyway though since the z ring case only has 18 slots
>>
>>28103360
Taste-type

>Lickitung- Taste
>Snorlax- Normal/Taste
>Shuckle- Taste/Rock
>Gulpin- Poison/Taste
>Swalot- Poison/Taste
>Cherrim- Grass/Taste
>Cherubi- Grass/Taste
>Munchlax- Normal/Taste
>Lickilicky- Taste
>Trubbish- Poison/Taste
>Garbodor- Poison/Taste
>Cottonee- Fairy/Taste
>Slurpuff- Fairy/Taste
>Bounsweet- Grass/Taste
>>
>>28103544
Space and psychic powers are two totally different things.
>>
>>28103360
If they make a new type I hope it's not related to Psychic-Ghost-Dark-Fairy in any way. They have way too much attention.
>>
>>28103675
Too bad Pokemon already categorizes space into psychic.
>>
The light type that many fans have sought over the years is nowadays supplied by a combination of fighting and fairy, the first being the "good guy/hero" type and the later being the "pure, magical" type. Both combined give the idea of "good" vs evil (the dark type), which is more or less what light is intended to be.

I like to think that normal type is in a way, the closes to the sound type that we'll get. I mean it has boomburst, sonic boom, hyper voice, etc. Sound being a category for moves rather than a type itself is a good thing to me, as it allows to have sound moves of all types instead of all moves that use sound belonging to the same type.

I see fairy and psychic as "the cosmic" type. Fairies are tied to the moon and psychic is tied to celestial bodies, space, aliens, etc. so with both around a cosmic type is not needed IMO.

The only types that I would be interested in seeing introduced would be a rubber/plastic type, for the lols, and in the case gamefreak had the balls for it, fuse ground and rock into a single type, the earth type.
>>
It shouldn't because it would set bad precedent and upset the current perfect balance in the amount of types

At the most they should tweak the type chart again
>>
>>28103670
underrrated commend
>>
>>28103675
Solgaleo, Lunala, Deoxys, Jirachi, beheeyem, lunatone, Solrock, and metagross are all psychic types and all of them have to do with space or celestial bodies in some way
>>
Only plausible ideas really are Light, Cosmic, and Cyber.
>>
>>28103360
Holy type.
>>
>>28103544
>>28103904
I totally forgot to add cyber or a digital type to this
>>
>>28103754
>I like to think that normal type is in a way, the closes to the sound type that we'll get. I mean it has boomburst, sonic boom, hyper voice, etc. Sound being a category for moves rather than a type itself is a good thing to me, as it allows to have sound moves of all types instead of all moves that use sound belonging to the same type.
That's how fairy started though. Normal is just uncategorized type and the easiest type to change into a newly introduced category compared to literally anything else. And every sound type move that is under another type is basically just "type name-sound". Like Metal Sound or Grasswhistle. It doesn't really justify sound not being a type just so those can stay as their own thing. We have any degree of temperature being fire type, but scald is still water type too.
>>
>>28103360
Artificial type, maybe? porygon, golurk, banette, the new bear, magearna, etc
>>
>>28103675
They're really not. Celestial and spiritual concepts are closely linked. Psychics are in tune with the universe. I wouldn't mind splitting psychic up into a cosmic type though. Clefairy, Staryu, Elgyem, Girafarig, Deoxys... there are probably others.

Ancient and Beast types could potentially work too. Ice type used to be the "deep" variation of water before all new ice Pokemon became more blatantly snow-themed.

>>28103670
This is good.
>>
>>28103670
You're forgetting the Vanillite line
>>
>>28103969
A Tech type could definitely work. I've always wanted another type for Porygon and Voltorb.
>>
File: dinosaur type.png (118KB, 1084x683px) Image search: [Google]
dinosaur type.png
118KB, 1084x683px
>>
>>28103360
Sound and either Beast or Cyber type.
There are enough existing mons and moves to be Sound type and obviously with a new type there would be new pokemon of that typing.
Beast could work as a buffed Normal Type, the Steel type to Normal's Ground Type per-say.
Cyber could work as artificial advanced mons, such as Genesect and Porygon.
>>
>>28104018
I came here to post this after realizing it.
>>
>>28104118
I get where this is coming from, but it sounds stupid. There should be an Ancient-type that includes Pokémon like the fossils and Relicanth instead of Game Freak ever decides to go this route.
>>
Plastic type

Perfect for inanimate object mons.
>>
>>28104118
Machop, Cubone, and Lickitung lines. Why?
>>
>>28103463
I think with Normal and Flying they just need to stop fucking slap Normal on to every Flying type that doesn't have a different second typing. There's what, 2 pure Flying types and they're both legends? Just make pure Flying types okay, and retcon most Normal/Flying birds into just Flying.
>>
>>28103360
Another one to cuck Bug-types
>>
Booger-Type
Weaknesses: Flying, Ice, Bug(?)
Resistances: Steel, Ground, Fighting(?), Electric, Fire(?)
SE Against: Fairy, Ground
NVE Against: Flying, Steel, Ice

Grimer line as Poison/Booger
Tangela and Tangrowth become Grass/Booger
Slugma becomes Fire/Booger (Magcargo remains Fire/Rock)
Gulpin line becomes Booger/Poison
Burmy becomes Bug/Booger (Mothim and Wormadam's forms remain unchanged.
Solosis line becomes Psychic/Booger
Cubchoo line as Ice/Booger
Accelgor as Bug/Booger
Swirlix line becomes Booger/Fairy
Goomy line becomes Booger/Dragon

There are plenty other Pokemon that could make good Booger-types, but it would involve retconning their existing dual-types which Gamefreak doesn't seem to like doing. I'd propose the Shellos line as Water/Booger, Woobat line as Booger/Flying, possibly something with the Tympole or Pineco lines, and maybe Politoed as Water/Booger.

I'm willing to explain my reasoning behind this joke type if you have questions. The type match-ups also need a little work, or Steel/Booger would be weakness-less.
>>
File: LUX.png (54KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
LUX.png
54KB, 250x250px
>>28103904
Light already exists and it's Electric
Why don't people get this?
>>
>>28105286
>Machop
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moschops
>Cubone
Looks like a dinosaur to me.
>Lickitung
Ok, this one is far-fetched, but it kinda looks a bit dinosaur-ish as well.
>>
>>28105338
frog type
>>
>>28105652
I enjoy how much thought you've put into this
>>
>>28103406
I think sound is the best option. Cosmic would take away from a couple fairies and end up being a lot of legendaries. Spitballing here but

Strong against
Poison
Steel
Fairy

Weak
Rock
Dragon
Fighting
>>
>>28105652
you really this bored anon?
>>
Sexy type. Weak to ice, ghost and poison. Strong against fairy, normal and steel.
>>
File: giphy.gif (659KB, 245x138px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
659KB, 245x138px
>>28103360
The No type.
>>
File: Giant Lobster on metal planet.jpg (157KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Giant Lobster on metal planet.jpg
157KB, 960x720px
>>28106923
>Weak to ice, ghost and poison.
>not liking sexy time in the cold/snow
>implying you wouldn't fuck a ghost
>>
>>28107044
Gengarjob
>>
F O S S I L
O
S
S
I
L
>>
>>28103360
ID rather Gamefreak make more counter-trios like Fighting/Flying/Rock and Fire/Water/Grass and then make a new type.

But if I were to seriously make a type, it would probably be crystal type.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.