[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>X and Y were too easy with the experience share >But i'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 12

File: 1455293081731.gif (185KB, 331x231px) Image search: [Google]
1455293081731.gif
185KB, 331x231px
>X and Y were too easy with the experience share
>But i'm stilI going to use it because I shouldn't have to go out of my way to make the game more difficult
>I LOVE challenge mode
>>
>>28100694
I prefer only having a team of 6, half of which being useless because of HMs, and having to stop all progress in order to catch them up.

I wish the game were hard, like if everyone were level 100 or something
>>
>>28100694
>just choosing a harder difficulty at the game start is going out of your way to make the game more difficult
>>
>>28100694
>EXP share made the game easy

EXP share didn't do much, I mopped the floor with everything in the game with just 2 pokemon until i got Golurk and he pretty much soloed the rest of the game. Golurk and Yveltal wrecked the league.

I can say the thing that made leveling too easy was gaining EXP from catching Pokemon which adds up and get's you over leveled. EXP share just reduces the post game grind.
>>
did anyone actually get to play challenge mode their first time through
>>
>>28102323
No, you had to beat the game first to get the key.
>>
>>28102198
>Yveltal
>>
>>28100694
The problem wasn't the exp share itself, just how Gamefreak made gen 6 babby-tier easy. It felt like it should've been an item rewarded to the player after the eite four, considerig it gives exp to the whole team.

And this is more of a personal choice but I never liked doing self-imposed challenges in games, or at least on first playthroughs.
>>
File: 1457970412899.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1457970412899.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>28102198

>Yveltal
>>
>>28102387
it's not a self-imposed challenge? Just turn it off, or don't complain when you're overleveled

you have to go into the menu to ride the bike (just like you have to go into the menu to turn off the exp share) but I'm guessing you've used the bike
>>
>>28102387
nah it wasn't really any easier without using the exp share. In fact, some points were actually harder. The battle with korrina in geosenge town with those two lucarios was tough. I also change the settings to set instead of switching
>>
turning off exp share is basically difficult selection, people should've turned it off if they complained about it lmao
>>
>>28100694
XY was the Awakening of Pokemon.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 290x296px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 290x296px
>>28102198
>Using Yveltal
>>
>>28100694
But the game is still easy as fuck WITHOUT the exp share
give me one fight that can be considered challenging ( with pokemon standards ) outside of E4
>>
Easy mode should be opt-IN, not opt-OUT.
>>
>>28103014
Turning the exp share off takes 6 seconds you autist
>>
>>28102882
No
turning it off is easy difficulty
turning it on below easy difficulty
fun fact : the easy difficulty in BW2 is harder than the normal because you're so underleveled
>>
aa
>>
>>28101889

>I don't know how challenge mode worked
>>
Retards, putting the exp. share after the elite four ruins the whole fucking point. Its for you to be able to catch and use lots of pokemon during the game, do you not see how giving you things after you beat the game is totally fucking pointless?

Turn off exp share if you dont like it, the game is still piss easy. It needs better AI for a proper challenge/hard mode, not higher levels.

OPEN YOUR EYES
>>
>>28102323
I did. Went and bought an action replay just for that, started challenge mode on day 1. Ended up giving to dozens of random people on the subway who could somehow sense that I had it.

Good times, but it was still a stupid way to handle it.
>>
>>28100694
Bet the same people who complain the games are too easy also use Shift and not Set.
>>
>>28100694

Yeah why don't I just close my eyes while I play too while I'm at it. You claim it's a meme but it's the truth. Also, I played through a second playthrough without it and the game was still easy.
>>
Yeah, Henry was a really fun unit to use.
Always in my active army for every playthrough.
>>
Don't take away my exp. share just because you are too lazy to turn it off...

Before exp. share you couldnt even actually catch and train pokemon during the game, you had to be selective and keep on trucking for the game. If you found a new bro, gg, you gotta go grind. Cuz its sooooo fun to send out a pokemon, switch it out, and win the battle instead? You guys like that?
>>
File: unnamed (1).jpg (164KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
164KB, 768x1024px
>>28100694
>Using EXP share

I'm in the pokeball factory atm and this is my team without it.

YOu have absolutely no reason to use EXP share when you can infinitely grind in pokemon.
>>
>>28103107

You're talking to a board that bitches about all the free Pokemon, and yet when we did our first Hall of Fame 90% of them were comprised of the three starters, Mega Dog, a fossil, and Talonflame. Sometimes Ageislash wormed his way on there in place of something though.

/vp/ just isn't very good at thinking outside of the box.
>>
>>28103137
I'M GONNA KILL YOU~!
>>
>>28103149

There's no reason to have exp. share because you can just mindlessly grind instead? Thats the whole fucking point of exp. share, so you dont have to do that shit
>>
I was just happy to not have to grind.
>>
Grinding in pokemon is a mess because theres a separate screen for everything. Its maddening and makes you wanna go to sleep sometimes. "Grinding" or "farming" things in pokemon ends up being a LOT of 3-5 seconds of black screen between every little thing you do
>>
>>28100694
>Reddit Emblem
For what purpose do you shit up this already dead board?
>>
>>28103210
For what purpose do you assign names of imageforums you don't like as acceptable well renowned derogatory insults?

Use your words. Reddit is a proper noun, not an adjective. You don't use proper nouns to describe things anon.

Now this is the part where you give me you tell me "Fuck off" because thats all you can think to say when you've realized you've been checkmated and decimated by yours truly.
>>
>>28103147
I preferred the old style of Exp. Share where the specific pokemon had to hold it. It still let's you raise up an under leveled Mon easily, but it won't flood your whole team with free xp.
>>
>Exp. Share on
>Train multiple Pokemon
>Rotate party depending on Gym
>Makes Post Game training easier
>Get to the main game faster

>Exp. Share off
>Grinding Pokemon one by one
>Constantly halting progress to grind

Grinding for story mode is one of the worst aspects of the game, why wouldn't you like Exp. Share?
>>
>>28103312
I can't think of a single time I needed to stop and grind in X and Y save for the elite 4, since I got there with a team in the 40s.
>>
what is grinding? just getting xp from beating wild pokemon?
>>
>>28102885
A decent game that people overblow the flaws of

seems about right

and yeah, idiot. I played all FE games.
>>
To be fair it's partly gamefreak's fault for giving it out too early.

Most people who play games eventually want to exploit mechanics to their advantage to make it easier, especially with rpgs that already take on average longer to beat.

It makes sense that most used exp. share.
>>
XY was about as perfect a game as you coule get for an intoduction to the 3Ds.

you autistic manchildren need to realise this is a game primarily for 8-13 year olds.
>>
>>28100694
>having to grind for levels is "difficulty"

That's not difficulty or challenge. That's padding/annoyance.

Trainers with more mons, good movesets, actual A.I. that takes advantage of the system and etc is what difficulty should be. I mean its been 20 years and trainers still don't switch out mons depending on the situation? And the only people who ever use items are gym leaders.
>>
>>28103312
>having to grind
>in XY
wew lad
>>
>>28103095
>Increasing the levels and number of pokemon is a major inconvenience
>>
>>28103341
Its more the idea of going out and beating as many as possible in a specific area to gain a bunch of levels.

The key with grind is that its tedious and isn't actively making progress. Just fighting wild pokemon you see isn't grinding.
>>
>>28103529
I've actually seen trainers swap out occasionally, though mostly only in Emerald and Platinum. I wonder if they changed the AI since then
>>
>Turning on EXP share
>Fucking up your EVs

Go to sleep OP
>>
in general the idea of exp share is really good though. in most games you'd just use your starter which eventually became totally overleveled and thats it. you couldnt even use another pokemon because they are all too low. maybe you'd catch one or two high level pokemon on victory road to have enough pp to get through but thats it.
>>
>>28102535
A self-imposed challenge is a challenge imposed by purposely not using tools available in the game that give you an advantage.

Deciding to not use the bike would also be considered a self-imposed challenge if deciding to not use it actually made the game more difficult (it doesn't)
>>
>>28103095
Nobody loved how challenge mode was implemented, just the idea of it.
>>
>>28103986

There are items that reset EVs and EVs are unnecessary for most all things in-game until the Battle Maison/whatever your game has
>>
>>28103986
>caring about fucking up evs on trash pokemon that will never be good anyways because of wrong nature and bad ivs.
>>
>>28104208
>>28105148
I mainly do super training because I can't stand it staring me in the face all game.
>>
The exp share didn't make any difference, the game was just too easy - same with ORAS.

God knows what it's like with exp share on, seems like it'd be hard to lose.
>>
File: 1456449245406.gif (3MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1456449245406.gif
3MB, 400x300px
>>28102198
>Evil Tail
>>
>>28100694
I fit the bill but people who didn't use XP share said it was too easy anyways so fuck you too buddy.
>>
>>28100694

If you turn off the ability to switch out Pokemon and Exp Share the game does become more challenging.
>>
>>28103147
>You had to be selective

So if you're not thoughtful you have grinding more as punishment? Getting new members isn't instamt and you are encouraged to weigh you options carefully? This seems like a good system to me.
>>
exp share is not the issue. The issue is that players who want a challenge should have the ability to have a harder difficulty which is actually balanced for a real challenge. It would be easy in terms of development to implement and would go a long way for gamefreak to show they appreciate that they are catering to longtime 90s fans of the series which are older and patronizing them in addition to the plethora of kids who love the game too. No reason kids can't be challenged a bit either. I played hard fucking games as a kid. it's good to get your ass kicked a bit.
>>
>>28109441

Mindlessly grinding and switching out Pokemon over and over sounds like a good system to you. Ok. "Careful consideration" lmao like when you use exp share the game moves too fast to think about which Pokemon you're catching whoaaaa slow down, game aimed at 5 year olds!!
>>
>people actually hating on bw2 challenge mode when discussing difficulty levels

challenges need to be accessed by ENABLING them, not DISABLING a feature just to make things harder
disabling exp share is like cutting off your own legs just to be edgy and win the paralympics, nobody is going to give a fuck because there is no OFFICIAL metric by which to measure progress/achievement since there are obviously people who aren't crippled and are participating in the real olympics aka how the pinnacle of human physical ability is recorded and determined

its like how nobody gives a fucking medal to the retarded kid who scores 70/100 because hurr durr normal retards only score an average of 50 because there are NON RETARDED KIDS who are busting their brains out to get that 100/100 in the math olympiad or whatever shit we have nowadays

reimplement challenge mode and give the gym leaders more pokemon, better movesets, status abuse, actual AI that isn't potion spam and then we can talk
>>
>>28103312
Why in the fuck would you even have to grind?
>>
>>28111812

Challenge mode requires two copies of the game, a second DS, clearing one copy, and potentially erasing another to play it. Oh and you lose it when you clear a game to start over. That's why it's shit on so much.

EXP share off is pressing a fucking button. It's that fucking easy. It's like changing your difficulty mid game in an option menu.
>>
>>28104087

Which is what I am shitting on. That anon seems to imply it's as easy as selecting a mode at the start of the game. It's a great feature but it's implemented like shit.
>>
>>28112049
Turning off the EXP share doesnt make the game harder, it only makes the game longer. Thinking that needing to grind more = more difficult is stupid. Real difficulty is thinking of how to adapt to opponents and outplaying them. Artificial difficulty is merely taking more time to level up your pokemon to beat them the same way you would've had you used the EXP share, by brute force
>>
>>28103268
Not this anon but fuck off back to plebbit I've been on this shithole since 2006 I don't need fags like you shitting the boards.
>>
>>28112314
this guy gets it
>>
The worst part is that Challenge mode is fucking nothing but makes people pretend it is hard

Bumping up the levels does nothing when you consider the level up mechanics
>>
I turned off exp share and still ended up ridiculously overleveled.
>>
>>28103173
Don't use XP Share.
Fight trainers but don't intentionally grind wild Pokemon.
That's the only way to make X & Y remotely challenging.
>>
>>28112314
You're a fucking idiot.
You don't need to grind in Pokémon, you can beat the games underleveled.
>>
>>28112451
Nice response, retard. You don't need to grind, true, the required battles and random trainers/wild pokemon give enough experience. Still doesn't make it challenging. Unless you want to do a retarded challenge in a quest for artificial difficulty, most people would rather just beat the game and do other shit in the game. Again, real difficulty is having to outsmart your opponent, them providing a challenge even if you're overleveled.
>>
>>28112314

Which not a single Pokemon game really forces you to ever do during the actual game.

I agree it doesn't make it harder but saying that turning it off isn't a real option to change the game is fucking retarded.
>>
>>28112492
>but saying that turning it off isn't a real option to change the game is fucking retarded.
I never said that. I said it doesn't make the game any harder, it only makes the game longer.

Consider this- I can use the EXP share but box 5 of my pokemon.

Also I usually don't play with more than 3 pokemon at most. If that.
>>
File: 1445602141671.jpg (23KB, 294x273px) Image search: [Google]
1445602141671.jpg
23KB, 294x273px
>>28102198
Retarded of the day
>>
>>28112511

But a lot of people do think like that and the person I initially responsed to likened it to cutting off a limb. It really doesn't make the game much harder but its often called out as making it too easy and yet these same people never take the two second step to just turn it off.
>>
How easy would it be for the devs to put in a small quiz at the very start of the game when youre choosing name and gender to determine difficulty.

"Are you a beginner?" Yes/No
>>
>>28112558
For me EXP share is a convenience because I'm the type of person who likes grinding and stomping. But even without it, the game isn't challenging. At least the gym leaders and e4 should be a bit more like the Battle Frontier
>>
>>28112330
>>28103210
>rather than thinking, I'll call them reddit!
>that pigeon ate my french fry, fucking reddit bird
>the usher said I couldn't shout vulgarities all throughout Finding Nemo, tumblr has gotten everywhere
>someone's mocking me, he's reddit too! Give me a safe space from this horrible abuse!
>>
File: Quill Me.png (103KB, 225x259px) Image search: [Google]
Quill Me.png
103KB, 225x259px
Post yfw you will never see the return of the sensible exp share from gen 2

(I would honestly settle for the gen 1 exp all desu)
>>
>>28113463
So you'd give up leveling easily
For not leveling up at all?
You're a madman
>>
Just play on set battle style
>>
>>28103346
Nah, a game with good extra features that are overshadowed by shit level design and how easy it is.
>>
>>28103346
Kill yourself, it's obvious you haven't.
>>
>>28100694
XY and ORAS are both ridiculously easy with or without the exp share.

I just wish they'd bring back the old exp share, so I can level up weaker Pokemon without overleveling everyone else.
>>
>>28114136

I sure as hell don't. Building teams post game is so much better now.
>>
The best solution would be giving you the EXP share in postgame. Doesn't make the main game too easy, and you can use it to easily raise teams.
>>
File: 1447528768836.png (251KB, 464x396px) Image search: [Google]
1447528768836.png
251KB, 464x396px
>>28100694
>don't use it to increase the challenge
>the game is STILL a complete faceroll
>>
I used the Exp Share for my second X run (doing it atm) because I'm using shitmons only.

My first run was incredibly easy so I turned it off halfway through. Still solo'd Diantha with a Klefki,though.
>>
File: 1433791590435.jpg (22KB, 399x278px) Image search: [Google]
1433791590435.jpg
22KB, 399x278px
>caring about difficulty in main-story Pokemon
Nah. Just leave the stupid thing on so you can breeze past the shite story and start breeding mons and start PvPing sooner.
>>
>>28112314
The idea is that you don't grind at all. If you don'tgrind at all with the Exp. Share, it's way easier than not grinding at all without it.

Do you guys actually spend time in grass leveling Pokemon because you can't beat a gym? The stat difference between levels is negligible.
>>
>>28100694
They're easy as shit even when you nuzlocke too you faggot
>>
>>28116943
I grind because I like one-shotting the enemy. I also usually just use gyarados/xatu if they're available to find.
>>
>>28100694
the problem isn't the exp.share, it's the fact they had a really good concept of balancing things out with the Challenge Mode and after fucking it up they decided to drop it
>>
>>28116943
Maybe since you don't need to grind, they could make trainers competent

You know like 4 moves on a gym leader
>>
>>28116303
In some ways I agree because it's unreasonable to breed Pokemon and train them during the main story. However, I've had difficulty finding people to battle for the whole time I've played the series so I appreciate a game I can play while alone
>>
>>28102387
It's not a reward. The purpose of it was to limit grinding to decrease boredom. It's the same reason catching pokemon now gives you some experience. Lots of casuals, especially kids, don't have the patience to grind. So they just barrel through and end up underleveled. The exp all was made to avoid people putting the game down, because nowadays having to work to do something is no longer meta.

The problem wasn't even the exp all, it was how poorly balanced the game was. And I wouldn't even blame GF there... The market has changed a ton since mobile took off. They're just doing what they think is necessary to compete.

Cycling around a team above six is actually made more fun because of the exp all. There's so many pokemon now, it's hard for me to settle on just six. And, I've been equal to even under leveled at gyms.
>>
>>28116303
Yeah, but games should be good without Wifi though. Unless it's a balanced competitve game
>>
>>28112476
If you don't grind you can still win by outplaying your overleveled oponents. So it works as dificulty.

BW2 dificulty modes only raise the levels, it's the same shit.
>>
>>28112511
It doesn't make the game any longer, you don't have to grind.
>>
>>28117215
Nah fampai, they change movesets and number of Pokemon on trainers. Sometimes even the Pokemon and extra held items
>>
>>28100694
Exp. Share wasn't gen 6's problem.

Gen 6 games were horribly paced and no trainer had more than 3 pokémon. The lack of challenge had nothing to do with a feature that could easily be turned off.
>>
>>28112511
>don't play with more than 3 Pokemon

Who does that
>>
>>28117215
Kinda hard to pretend that the in-game battles are anything but easy, even while underleveled. Plus, you can always spam items

>>28117230
Grinding a bit->steamrolling everyone is faster than actually having to pay attention most during fights

>>28117253
>playing with more than 3 pokemon
why would you? I simply don't have enough favorites that I NEED to have them with me
>>
>>28117304
You might as well just use your starter
>>
>>28117335
What's wrong with using your starter for single player?
>>
>>28117365
It's a very childish and the easiest thing to do
>>
>>28117394
>worrying about doing something childish while playing a children's video game
>>
File: image.png (77KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
77KB, 600x598px
>>28117418
I mean I don't know, we complain about a game being too easy and you say it's ok because you play on easy mode the whole time.

I'm also not convinced you're over 18 anon
>>
>>28113976
Objectively correct opinion.
>>
>>28117477
>easy mode
Playing with EXP share isn't playing on not easy mode, its simply making the game longer. The relative difficulty of the trainers/gym leaders/e4 you fight doesn't change that much.

People play differently. But the main issue is not that exp is easy to get, it's that even with underleveled pokemon, the challenge the game provides is minimal. And again, you can do various other things, like spam items during battle, or only using 2 pokemon the whole run, or even playing with unevolved pokemon to change the difficulty level.

>>28117477
>I'm also not convinced you're over 18 anon
projecting much?
>>
>>28111653
>I played hard fucking games as a kid
The longtime 90s fans of the series didn't.
>>
>>28117584
But the bigger challenge was, they had higher base stats because you were suposed to be underleveled for them. In X and Y, if you play the game like how it's based on the exp all, you're at a higher level, with retarded level up sets again

Also take Cyrus/Ghetsis/N/Colress sets from the more recent games
>>
>>28117576
If it's just making he game take longer, why can't people be semi competent at the game?

If you're suposed to get to competitve quicker, why have it be and unbalanced game where you need to train things the correct way. Why should people who play now get more out of this game than people in 5 years from now
>>
>>28117698
What are you talking about
>>
>>28118024
If the exp all is good for rushing through the game for competitve, why can't competitve be balanced. Also why should a game only be good for it's online value
>>
>>28118075
No one argued that competitive shouldn't be balanced, but this is a discussion about the difficulty of the single player, not multi.That's a whole other discussion.
>>
>>28100694
>pokemon is too easy
>spams full restores and revives
>>
>>28118106
Ahh I remeber having a discussion with someone else for beating the game faster to get to there.

You're (their?) just saying that grinding is a waste of time
>>
>>28118158
I don't think grinding is a waste of time per se, but the EXP share makes it easier. I've managed without the EXP share before gen 6, so if they remove it, I won't die. But the way it is now, it just makes it faster to grind so I don't have to battle so many wild pokemon.
>>
I played through X and Y with a bunch of different mons but nothing too strong. But I constantly made sure their levels were even until it ended up my Dedenne was the fucking sweeper of the team at my highest level of 58 I believe, rest were 56 or higher

Team was Pyroar, Dedenne, Barbaracle, Gourgeist, Hawlucha and Malamar

all without the EXP share and it was really fun despite the game being bare bones after the postgame, but the e4 and champion ended up being a good challenge
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.