[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else remember when this first came out and liking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: Digimon_Adventure.jpg (141KB, 471x726px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon_Adventure.jpg
141KB, 471x726px
Does anyone else remember when this first came out and liking both franchises was considered heresy because one side was convinced Digimon was just a ripoff of Pokemon and the other side was convinced Digimon came first?
>>
>>28097401
the show was a hundred times better than Pokemons show released by 4kids.
>>
It's too bad the Pokemon anime has never been nearly as good as the Digimon anime.
>>
>>28097401
I always loved both and found it just stupid that people would just jump on you only because you like both.
>>
>>28097667
I liked both and that never happened to me, though I didn'treally talked too much about these shows with other kids so maybe that's why.

>>28097610
>>28097637
True, if I had to choose I'd pick Digimon as the best.
>>
>>28097610
>>28097637
I feel like the Digimon franchise was more focused on the anime and story-telling in general, whereas the Pokemon was more about the cards and games so the anime was just an afterthought. The non-sequitur episode format of Pokemon, tons of forgettable background characters, and 4kids butchering made it pretty sub-par by comparison even considering there were a lot of flaws with the first season of Digimon.
>>
>>28097401

We remember
>>
>animu
Digimon > Pokemon
>everything else
Pokemon > Digimon
>>
Digimon was great, especially the seal one who ended up having giant hammers in end
I think I liked the digimon series more than the pokemon one at that time, but I never played a digimon game except the karting one on gba
>>
>>28097401
I like how every battle is
>enemy attack
>try to counter attack but deal 0 damage
>someone evolve to save his tamer
>chat
>use his only move
>win
>>
>>28098032
>animu
Pokemon > Digimon
>everything else
Pokemon > Digimon
Fixed for you
>>
>>28098095
Still better than Geodude fainting from a Thundershock.
>>
>>28098126
>he unironically watches and likes the ashnime
LOL
>>
>>28097401
I don't remember there ever being an Digimon-only side. Some kids liked only Pokemon and hated Digimon, while others liked both.

I'm guessing majority of /vp/ were of the first kind, due to the autistic apologist attitude it has towards everything Pokemon.
>>
>>28098126
no, it was correct the first time around.

tri is still better than XY&Z, though Pokemon has come a long way from the original series
>>
>>28098126
How's that league going, Ashkek?
>>
>>28097401
No.
Where I lived everyone liked both, I only found out there was ever any fighting when I got access to the internet.
>>
>>28098032
Now hold on

Cyber Sleuth is much better than XYORAS.
>>
>>28098256
1 decent game does not justify an entire series of shit
>>
>>28098281
But DS, Dawn/Dusk, and Lost Evolution were also all good.
>>
>>28098204
He lost again this time had at least a chance.
>>
>>28098291
and ReDigitize was awesome
way better than gen6 pokemon
>>
Digimkn and pokemon fans should just love each other already.
>>
Where I grew up people didn't like either.
I loved them both growing up, though I;m def a genwunner about Digimon, mostly
>>
When I was in middle school/high school, I liked the Pokemon games but the Digimon show.
>>
>>28097610
I just need to ask you? Have you actually gone back and compared it to the 4Kids dub?
Adventures in general was way better than OS, but the dubbing was atrocious.
>>
The same kid who liked Digimon better also liked WCW and preferred Burger King.
>>
>>28100942
At least we didn't change the names of things that obviously weren't what they were called.
>Holds up rice ball
>Calls it donut
>>
>>28097401
i remember when
Digimon anime/Pokemon game>Digimon game/Pokemon anime

this is no longer a case
>>
>>28098094
Gomamon>Ikkakumon>Zudomon>Vikemon.
>>
>>28101194
Is there a Digimon called literally Pokemon?
>>
>>28101086
Nope, instead we have people telling you to wash your hands for no reason.
>>
Not really. Digimon died out before most people my age started to develop strong opinions for shows (enough to call someone out for liking something else)
>>
>>28101584
Yes, yes there is.
>>
At least, I remember there was. It was a monkey or something.
>>
>>28101675
prove it
>>
File: 240px-Blaziken_Mega_Evolution.png (89KB, 240x217px) Image search: [Google]
240px-Blaziken_Mega_Evolution.png
89KB, 240x217px
DIGIMON
DIGITAL MONSTERS
DIGIMON ARE THE CHAMPIONS
>>
No, all of my friends liked both, but Digimon didn't have good portable games so we didn't talk about it as much since portable vidya was the only parts we truly cared about
>>
>>28097401

I raised my digimon (and tamagotchi) before I ever got pokemon though.
>>
>>28098153
/thread
>>
File: Pokomon2.jpg (39KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Pokomon2.jpg
39KB, 320x320px
>>28101707
Not that Anon but Renamon's previous form is called Pokomon in the Japanese version (Viximon in the dub probably for obvious reasons).
>>
>>28098095
Not true for the Dark Masters arc.
>>
>>28097401
No, because I liked them both and still do. But Digimon is better overall.
>>
>>28098032
>>28098126
>anime
Digimon>Pokemon
>console vidya
Digimon>Pokemon
>handheld vydia
Pokemon>Digimon
>everything else
couldn't care less
>>
>>28104624
I mean, there's an entire episode dedicated to a talking puppet chasing around an 8-year-old with a gun in that arc.
>>
>>28098095
Still better than Pikachu using meme magic to win fights. I remember that time Pikachu learnt how to run on the ceiling. What the actual fuck.
>>
>>28104737
>implying Puppetmon's zone's absurdness wasn't fantastic.
>>
I actually rewatched DA 01 not too long ago, I mean it was nice for nostalgia buuuut it was actually almost as bad as Pokemon. However, I would say that digimon (anime) is marginally better. 02 had a cool continuation too, unlike pokemon where it's almost a bad 90s "it was all just a dream" reset of the same fucking plot.

Pokemania had sadly set in, the merchandise for digimon was hard to come by. The first big game was Digimon World 1 on ps1 and those things were way too expensive for anyone lower than middle class. A game boy was still being seen through the early 2000s too.

Digimon also allowed for more complex designs, and the most retarded - worse than vanilluxe. You understood clearly that digimon are monsters made out of "scrapped" data, so you can understand why some are so fucked up looking. Pokemon are just kind of... there? No real explanation except "aliens".

I think of Digimon as a "personal thematic guardian" type of thing. They had actual personality and depth. Wasted potential.
>>
Digimon GO when?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.