[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starter trio you have the hardest time picking between? For

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

Starter trio you have the hardest time picking between?

For me it's Gen 1... mostly because of indifference. I like all of them, I have nostalgia with all of them, but I don't really love any of them in particular.
>>
Gen 4, I love them all almost equally.
>>
>>28092584
For me it's gen 2, I really like all of the designs and there's a nice dynamic of
special attack -> Physical attack -> Bulk,
which one could argue all generations have this issue but I love the gen 2 starters the most.
>>
Gen 5 because they're all fucking garbage. Shame because most of the gen's designs are great, too.

I have a clear favorite in all of the other gens, except maybe 1 where I love all of them.
>>
Gen 5, because I dislike them all. My first runthrough I was happy to pick Wotter, but after using it and its crap stats, I ended up disappointed and the other two have never interested me. So generally I just don't play gen 5.
>>
>>28092584
Gen 2 because they're all good choices.
>>
Gen 5. I like all the first forms, and dislike all the last evolutions.
>>
I'd say in this order

>Gen 2
>Gen 7
>Gen 4

The other generation were pretty much grass starter to me.
>>
Gen III. Didn't want any of them.
>>
2 because I'm worn out on going Totodile for every single playthrough and the other two are trash.
>>
>>28092584
I've never had a hard time choosing.

Basically, you pick the fire starter or you don't see another strong fire type until you get legendaries, and their learnsets are always garbage.
>>
>>28092584
Gen 5. all of them look retarded.
>>
Gen I, I really love all 3 starters.
>>
There are 22 starters including Pikachu and Charmander wins every time.
>>
Personally gen 5. They're all very average no one excels at everything. Serpeior design wise, pig Gannon usefulness wise, I really like Oshawatt and his movepool they're all OK
>>
>>28092661
>Gen 1
Arcanine

>Gen 2
Eh...

>Gen 3
Torkoal and Camerupt are pretty usable in-game.

>Gen 4
Rapidash is about it.

>Gen 5
Volcarona, Chandelure, and Darmanitan

>Gen 6
Talonflame
>>
Gen 4 because I love Torterra and Empoleon but both suck ass and get outclassed by Infernape.

Gen 5 because the designs are mediocre and all starters are horrible garbagemons both in playthrough and competitive.

And Gen 7 because I like all designs but i'm 99% shure that they all will be horrible stat and movepool wise, Rowlet and it's leaked evolution already suck type wise so yeah.
>>
File: stickit.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
stickit.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
Gen 4 for ones I like, Gen 6 for ones I will be using but don't really care about.

>>28092661
While generally true on limited fire choices, why do you feel the need to always have a fire type on your team?

All types offensively and defensively can be covered in other ways if you want and its not required for exploration like water types with whirlfall surf and dive.
>>
>>28092584
Gen 4. For the other gens it's a very clear choice or it's only two:
Bulbasaur/Charmander
Totodile
Mudkip/Treeko
Snivy
Froakie/Fennekin
>>
Gen 5 and 6, because they're allllll so shit
>>
>>28092729
You can get a Magmar in Gen 2.
>>
Probably gen 2. I like Typhlosion and Feraligtr
>>
>>28093088
He said a "strong" Fire type, though.
>>
>>28093176
Magmar is good in-game, and if you're playing HGSS, Magmortar is even better.
>>
>>28093189
You can only get Magmortar by trading though, and if you can trade you might as well just trade for a better Fire type.
>>
>>28093207
Still, there's Vulpix/Growlithe and Flareon.
>>
>>28093275
True, though I don't think I'd call Flareon "strong".
>>
>>28092729
>doge
>not ninetales

gen 2 is all about Typhlosion. best starter and steamroller.

gen 3 is terrible if you don't pick Torchic because Fire Path takes a long time to reach.

haven't played the rest yet.
>>
Gen V because they're all such crap.
>>
>>28093718
You're wrong.

Gen 1 you steamroll the game with Venusaur.
Gen 2 you steamroll it with Typhlosion.
Gen 3 you fucking demolish the game with Swampert since it's strong agaist most gyms and the champion
Gen 4 you steamroll with Infernape
Gen 5 they're all shit
Gen 6 you steamroll with Greninja
>>
>>28093718
Arcanine is better than Ninetales in terms of battle in pretty much every way.
>>
>>28092729
Magmar and Growlithe are both present in Johto. Don't remember about Magmar but HGSS gives you Growlithe at Route 48. And Togetic learns Fire Blast
>>
>>28093947
You'd figure I'd remember Johto better than I do seeing as Silver version was the first one I played and between G/S/C I probably played through those games around 6 times total... but I don't.

Then again I chose Typhlosion, so I had no reason to catch a Fire type.
>>
>>28093947
>but HGSS gives you Growlithe at Route 48.

true. recently caught one. it's that grass patch in front of the Safari Zone.
>>
>>28092661
You're kind of right, but I almost never use a fire type besides starters. And I only choose fire starters when I like them more than the rest or when I want to try something different.
Last time I caught a fire pokemon for the team was in gen 4, and that was (obviously) Ponyta.
I think Fire is one of my least favorite types, alongside Fairy and Rock.
>>
Gen 2 & 4 were hard to choose because I liked them all.
>>
>>28093947
You can get Vulpix or Growlithe depending on the version even earlier, in the route right before Ecruteak.
>>
gen 2, i love all of them.
in gen 1 i would pick charmander of course, venusaur is shit and blastoise is ok.
>>
>people ITT actually like Chikorita

What the living fuck?
>>
>>28092584
Gen 4 was the hardest for me, the three final evos rekt ass really hard in the story and had cool designs
>>
Gen 3 because I dont care about any of them. I never used a starter in Hoenn, I always catch a Wurmple and then box Torchic/Mudkip. Every other gen I have one clear starter that I prefer over the other two.
>>
gen 1: Wasn't difficult to pick I played Yellow
Gen 2: Gatr everytime, even in the remakes
Gen 3: First playthrough with Blaziken, boring as shit. Changed to Sceptile in Emerald and was such a bro. Used it again in AS.
Gen 4: First playthrough with Infernape, same as Gen 3. Played Platinum with Torterra and got Infernape in a trade
Gen 5: Samurott in White and White 2. Not that good but it was the only water type in gen 5 worth a damn.
Gen 6: Greninja. Only because I wanted to try Megazard Y
>>
>>28092584
Gen 1 because indifference
Gen 2 because I love them all
Gen 3 because I dislike them all
Gen 4 because I love Empoleon and Torterra and like Infernape
Gen 5 because they're all horrendous

Greninja is the only one that's a clear choice for me
>>
>>28092584
gen 7, the final stage for all of them is so good
>>
I'll never understand people complaining about certain Pokémon being"bad". You can use anything in-game and get away with it. What's the fucking point of picking the "optimal" starter? Dont you people always complaing about the games being too easy? Then use the one you like the most even if it sucks. Or don't even use a starter at all. Wurmple is my starter in every Hoenn playthrough.
>>
File: shitposting.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shitposting.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>28095305
How long til this meme dies
>>
>>28092584
Gen 2, I love Cyndaquil and Totodile equally. Chikorita is also cute asf.
>>
File: 1299363681461.jpg (843KB, 1700x2999px) Image search: [Google]
1299363681461.jpg
843KB, 1700x2999px
Wartortle has been my favorite pretty much since day 1 so Gen 1 has always been an easy pick for me, even though Bulbasaur and Charmander are both solid.

As a kid I had so much trouble picking Gen 3 starters I would restart my game over and over and over just to play with different starters (all my friends stopped playing Pokemon at the time), but these days I'm pretty firmly in the Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert camp.

I'd say the only trio where I like them all equally is Gen V. They're all really good. Even Samurott has grown on me.

>>28095342
>you can use anything in-game and get away with it
Tell that to 8 year old me trying to curbstomp the Elite Four with a Butterfree and Beedrill. Lance would tear me a new one each time.
>>
Gen 4 because they all turn out awesome in the end even though their middle stages are pretty ugly (especially Prinplup). Gen 1 is hard too since i don't really have a definite favorite among them, though I have been appreciating Venusaur a lot lately.
>>
File: gen 3 starters.png (44KB, 333x215px) Image search: [Google]
gen 3 starters.png
44KB, 333x215px
>>28092584
>>
It's always a hard time picking between the Gen 4 or Gen 6 starters because they're all so good. I got to use all 3 Gen 4 ones because of Platinum but... With no Z version to use it on, Fennekin got the axe because I could get an event Torchic at the time.

I'm still debating whether I want Popplio or Litten for my secondary game this gen. Rowlet was my immediate choice though.
>>
Gen 1: always Charmander
Gen 2: Either Cyndaquil or Totodile
Gen 3: Definitely the hardest. They're all such bros.
Gen 4: Hard cause they're all shit
Gev 5: Hard cause they're all shit
Gen 6: Hard cause they're all shit
>>
>>28095504
I'm clearly referring to the people talking about Gen V forward and saying that they know so and so sucks while so and so is good,etc
>>
>>28095738
>likes Charmander the most
>considers all 9 newest starters shit
Kek, go figure.
>>
>>28093718
>gen 3 is terrible if you don't pick Torchic because Fire Path takes a long time to reach.
It,s right after the 3rd gym, and until then the hardest fights you've had don't require Fire at all.

Mudkip crashes everything
>>
>>28096651
>being mad people have taste
>>
>>28095738
>Hating the newest 9 starters, but love the gen 3 starters.
I want to hate you, but I can't
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.