[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anything think DP/P had the best story and myths. Shaymin + Giratina

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: shayminevent.png (311KB, 682x334px) Image search: [Google]
shayminevent.png
311KB, 682x334px
Anything think DP/P had the best story and myths. Shaymin + Giratina backstory, Palkia and Dialga universe bending , Darkrai feeling left out and then Arceus out of nowhere.

Diamond and Pearl /Platinum will be the new Fire Red /Leaf Greens when they're remade to a new audience . Even the events were cool
>>
>>28091018
No Red and Blue were the best.
>>
>>28091042
this
>>
>>28091042
No, Gold and Silver are the best.
>>
>>28091018
it's literally the same exact plot from Gen 2, 3, and 6

you just like it more because you played them as a kid.
>>
>>28091018
I think Black/White has the best story, but the sinnoh myths are pretty neat
>>
>>28091018
Nah, the story was retarded and the legendaries were way too over the top. We didn't need Pokegods but they went there and there's no going back.
>>
File: YugePlease.webm (804KB, 417x425px) Image search: [Google]
YugePlease.webm
804KB, 417x425px
>>28091042
>>
>>28092004
This. Pokegods should have been saved for the last entry in the franchise, they shouldn't have done them knowing that they would have to make more legendaries in the future.

personally i hope for a return to gen I and II style legegendaries, where beyond them being ancient and having people telling legends about them and investigating them, it's not clear what their exact role in the cosmic balance is, if they have one.
>>
>>28092004
As if Gen3 didn't already do that......
>>
>>28091018
Yeah. The main time/space plot was a bit take it or leave it (although the giratina stuff was great in Platinum), but the rest of the legendary stuff simmering in the background (darkrai as some kind of otherworldly nightmare causing monster, regigigas slumbering in the ruins) and the whole rustic aesthetic of sinnoh really made it exciting to explore in ways that most of the other regions weren't.
>>
I think DPP's legendaries and the shit that surrounds them are fucking stupid, actually. Legendaries controlling time, space, and antimatter along with their godhorse who created the universe is too much. Darkrai is kind of edgy and Cresselia is just forgettable. And if Darkrai and Cresselia are supposed to thematically match, why is one an event and the other not? The sprites had lame designs. Even the legendaries subjected to gen 4's "just grab an old pokemon and evolve it or whatever" shit with Regigigas. And what was the point of both Manaphy and Shaymin? And Heatran? Why were there so many legendaries?
>>
>>28093529
>Why are there so many legendaries?
Because there are a lot of different legends.

DP showed that in its most natural form. They were forgotten legends that were actively affecting the world in the ways foretold by the legends surrounding them.
>>
>>28093529
Gen IV and V are tied for having the most 'nothing' legendaries in the games. The Lake Trio, Heatran, the Genies, the Musketeers. It's just a constant barrage of trash for those two gens.
>>
>>28093562
I feel like you can only get away with having such an excessive number of legendaries if they actually feel like a pantheon of sorts. The legendaries in DPP (and also BW) all felt like a collection of different groups with no relation to one another. Like they just didn't filter their ideas at all.
>>
>>28092967
>last entry in the franchise
nice meme

>>28092084
oy vey back to plebbit with you
>>
>>28091018
Been with the series since RBY, and always felt the Sinnoh games, including their legends and myths, were the low point of the franchise.

I wish legends were scaled back a bit, mostly. Max of five per generation would have been my ideal, with tighter stories that conflicted a bit less. I think the only DPP legends that were executed well were Manaphy, Shaymin, and Giratina. The others, *especially* the lake trio, I just find overwrought and ugly.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.