[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we agree that Steel is the most overpowered type? Water and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (102KB, 1351x575px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
102KB, 1351x575px
Can we agree that Steel is the most overpowered type? Water and Fairy are close but they still can't match it.
>>
>>28090920
I still don't get how Water hasn't been nerfed after all these years.
>>
>>28091054
Because it's the dev favorite type.
>>
>>28090920
lmao steel is good defensive but shit offensive, steel was balanced before the dark/ghost buff/steel nerf but now steel is just "ok".

you low elo people just suck in this game.
>>
>>28091054
It's masuda a favorite
>>
>>28090920
>Steel is the most overpowered
for defensive play? maybe. after all, it lacks healing.
for offensive play? ha, nope.
bottom line: sure it is, if you play smogon.
>>
>>28091139
>low elo
>says steel is just ok
>when most used pokemon are steel type

Literally sub 1000 rating spotted.
>>
>>28091108
>>28091147
The mass of Psychic legendaries say otherwise.
>>
>>28091054
Nerfing Water means Nerfing Grass because the only reason for grass to exist over watet is that is beats water
>>
The problem of steel is that is has way too much resistances.

Gen 6 nerfed it a but this way but still not enough
>>
>>28090920
Steel is overpowered defensively
Fairy is overpowered offensively
>>
>>28091177
>i play showdown, I know all about the metagame!
Hahaha kill yourself you league playing cocksmoker
>>
>>28090920
Steel and Fairy strenghts are countered by making most of their Pokemon suck.
>>
Now imagine if Gen 7 brings an strong offensive Ground/Fairy pokémon.
>>
>>28091184
how many water pokemons you know that uses spores?
>>
>>28090920
The only thing wrong with Steel is the one resist that hits super effectively is weak to Stealth Rock, discouraging that resist from being able to keep Steel controlled. Notice virtually every Fire mon you see in OU has reliable recovery or in Heatran's case is neutral to Rock.

Not to mention Steel resists Stealth Rock.
>>
>>28091216
>"I play against babies with ingame teams, it m-means I'm good, I s-swear!"

lmao, you're literally a dogshit trashcan who kept getting raped by sub 1500 elo shitters and decided to play the easy mode """competitive""" pokemon because you're absolute garbage.

literally can't make this shit up, you retarded faggot.
>>
>>28091179
Psychic pokemons don't have easy access to move that can counter one of their only weakness.
>>
>>28091265
>what is Dazzling Gleam
>>
>>28090920
No because it sucks offensively and there are no good steel type moves. The only one which was commonly used before Gen VI was Bullet Punch and that was because Scizor has beastly attack and ability.
Meanwhile Water is great in every single regard.
>>
>>28091265
>what is Shadow Ball ?
>what is Dark Pulse ?
>what is Dazzling Gleam ?
>>
>>28091224
>Metanightmare
>Ground/Fairy
>Adaptability
>70/60/90/120/60/140
Moveset includes Earth Power, Moonblast, Power Gem, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Calm Mind, Stealth Rock and Taunt.
Is it broken enough?
>>
>>28091170
>bottom line: sure it is, if you play smogon.
Steel is prevalent on smogon because of Dragons, everyone want one or two resists in their team. No, fairies aren't enough because they get wrecked by Dragons' coverage. If you took out dragons, Water would shit all over Steel.
>>
>>28091309
>>28091390
Not as widely distributed, and not as powerful as ice beam.
>>
>>28091139
But Pokemon can learn attacks other than their own type, anon, so being good defensively is better than being good offensively. See: Ice and Rock mons see almost no play despite being good offensively.
>>
>>28091390
They are "can't KO anything without STAB" attacks.
>>
>>28091184
That is like the weirdest on spot judgement I've seen. Grass has a good enough niche to stay relevant even with a Water nerf. Plus, people prefer to use Electric moves more, so Grass would stay unchanged.
>>
>>28091423
That's because 90% of them are slow and/or have shit coverage. If more ice and rock type were like Weavile they would see more play.
>>
>>28091430
Which kinda made me realise: we need more powerful Ghost moves. Shadiw ball really isn't enough.
>>
>>28091465
grass is good against water, rock and ground
water is good against fire rock and ground
if you want somting to counter rock and ground, water would suffice.
>>
>>28091479
One thing I don't understand: if they want to push Ice and Rock as defensive types so much, why don't just give them more resistances/remove weaknesses ? They could make Ice resist Dragon, Flying and Water and loose its Fighting weakness and Rock........ideas ?
>>
>>28091265
What's Focus Blast?
>>
File: 530.png (51KB, 256x202px) Image search: [Google]
530.png
51KB, 256x202px
>Overpowered
>>
>>28091484
Before fairies were implemented Gengar used Thunderbolt or Focus Blast more than Shadow Ball and before Gen IV most of competitive sets didn't even have STAB. Poor Ghosts.

>>28091512
Ice should definitely resist Water.
>>
Ice should be a "glasscannon" type, with a lot of strengths in offense but few in defense.

But adding a resistance to ground and flying shouldn't hurt.
>>
>>28091512
Rock could lose the Ground weakness to further differentiate itself from steel.
It should also gain resistance to itself so it helps nerf sneaky pebbles a bit more.
>>
>>28091540
Excadrill is probably the most overpowered mon in OU. Part of the reason you see Lando-T so often is it's one of the few viable things that can switch in on it and scare it out.
>>
File: 1472265066320.jpg (17KB, 373x339px) Image search: [Google]
1472265066320.jpg
17KB, 373x339px
>mfw when all of the butthurt in this thread is coming from a childrens game
>>
>>28091617
>butthurt
Let me guess you are one of the guy who go in a leak thread where 90% of the posts agree to say it's fake and start shitposting about how everyone is so gullible and stupid?
>>
>>28091479
More Ice-types with Weavile stats would probably just steal Weavile's spot, since there isn't really that much demand for Glass Cannons and there really isn't much else Ice-types can do.

Even just a little slower than 100 base makes an Ice-type bad. Look at Kyurem. It has Uber stats, but has to sit at BL2 because it is KO'd too easily in Overused
>>
>>28091579
Literally this.

Lando is often played to counter Excadrill and Scizor mostly.

You replied to a retarded shitter anyway so don't expect him to know anything about the game at all.
>>
>>28091184
Wrong nerfing water is just nerfing water. One all but like 6 water pokemon can't get any ice moves. Second grass already has a lot of weaknesses unlike water.
>>
>>28091395
>no nasty plot
Not yet, but it's a good start.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.