[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay let's take a step back for a second. Now that the dust

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9

Okay let's take a step back for a second. Now that the dust is settling, can we agree that - even though it's fucking awful that we have to put up with the sheer quantity of repetitive Fire/Fighting starters - this guy actually does deserve the Fighting typing more than, say, Infernape? Or actually any others? He's a giant ripped wrestler with a wrestling prize belt that spews fire. I would rather Emboar or Infernape lose it than him.
>>
No, because dark typing properly fits his heel archetype. Fighting doesn't work.
>>
>"professional wrestling"
>fighting
>>
>>28089986
>fighting types can't represent heels
literally what
>>
>>28089969
You know professional wrestling is scripted right
>>
>>28089969
Mallow just CONFIRMS these are real.

Like denialfags, try to tell why this is fake.
>>
>>28089969
I'm just mad it's bipedal.
>>
If Litten3 is real it'll be the first time since Pokemon Pearl that I'm picking a Fire starter. Its design is brilliant.
>>
>>28090005
You didn't even read the OP right ?
>>
>>28090023
Yeah I did. I'm just saying the facts.
>>
>>28090005
This thread isn't even about questioning its realness m8
>>
>>28089969
Emboar is also a wrestler.
>>
>>28090027
So you're just spitting this out of nowhere on a nonrelated thread ?
>>
>>28090037
Emboar struggles with obesity. Point against.
>>
>>28090068
Sumo. Point for.
>>
>>28090078
This is the first google image result for 'Emboar sumo'. Point against.
>>
>>28090078
Emboar has nothing to do with sumo. I'm not sure you know what sumo is.
>>
>>28090068
Have you ever even seen actual wrestling?
>>
This just looks so terrible it can't be real

Those twig legs
>>
>>28089969
Infernape is based on sun wukong, he deseres fighting type most of all. Blaziken and Emboar however I agree with, Armor King should have gotten dibs on the type before them.

>>28090037
Emboar is based on Zhu Baeji from journey to the west, he's a parellel to infernape. Hariyama is the sumo guy. Emboar is just fat
>>
>>28089998
>>28089995
Not him, but honestly would be nice to have another fire starter that DOESN'T become a fighting type.

Why the hell is fire paired with fighting do often in starters?
>>
>>28090027
Thanks, now my life is changed forever and I 100% believe that they're real. Now I can fuck the seel, get fucked by the tiger and suck the owls dick. I'm a huge faggot and never felt more alive.
>>
>>28089969
I mean, yeah, but also no.

>He is a fighter
>Ripped with big muscles
>Fighting belt
>Artwork show him using wrestling moves

All of these reasons make him a good candidate for a Fire/Fighting mon. But

>Very flashy clothing
>"evil" smile"
>pose saying "come at me"
>probably a WW-like wrestling fighter, so fake and with very little respect for rules, prone to use moves you wouldn't use in martial arts
>basically evil fighter which would fit with the Japanese concept of "dark=evil"

All of these reason make him a good candidate for a Fire/Dark mon.

If he is Fighting, meh. It's the fourth one, I could use some variation
If he's Dark, that's actually pretty cool thought behind its design.

Won't change the fact that I hate the fact that it's bipedal and has five fucking fingers.
>>
File: 1470211586805.png (550KB, 1410x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1470211586805.png
550KB, 1410x1120px
>>28089969
I love the design anyway, but Fire/Dark would be so much better.
>>
>>28090135
>>28090137
>Pick Litten
>Name him HHH
>>
>People truly and honestly believe Shitten3 is not fighting
The BTFO when gamefreak lets you down once again is going to be great.
>>
>>28089998
Literally self-explanatory
>>
the pattern on his face looks like bane's mask

bane considers darkness to be his ally

conclusion: it's fire/dark
>>
>>28090186
>implying GF doesn't know how to make really clever design with clever backstory/origins

Do you also think that Palossand is literally your mom's sand castle?

You don't know about Litten3's type.
It's all theories at this point. Whenever GF actually reveals Litten's evo we will know.
>>
>>28090219
>clever backstory
>ghost took over object X
Mmmm yes, my fellow based /vp/ bro, what a novel concept. I raise my glass to you.
>>
File: 29iAbVS.jpg (116KB, 524x808px) Image search: [Google]
29iAbVS.jpg
116KB, 524x808px
>>28090147
AM I FUCKING GOING OVER?
>>
This guy is what Fire/Fighting should have been all along.
>>
It's fire fighting
Don'r delude yourselves. This is Hawlucha all over again
>>
>>28090235
It's not just any "ghost took over X".
Palossand is literally people's rancor and ill will alive in the form of a Sand castle. First it controls adults into building Palossand's sand castle/body, then it preys on people and Pokémon to eat their life energy and leave only rancor inside them, so that they can become more Sandygast and Palossand, and create a neverending cycle.
The Pokémon looks like shit and I agree with that but the story behind it is pretty clever.
Even if you don't like that, there are many more clever concepts, like Solgaleo being Steel Psychic because he is not literally the sun, Alolan Raichu being able to surf thanks to its psychic powers, Yamask being the soul of dead people, and so on.

Source: official website.
>>
>>28090337
>Solgaleo being Steel Psychic because he is not literally the sun
I don't get what's clever about that at all. If it was some explanation why he's Steel/psy then maybe, but "he's not fire because he's not a sun" isn't really particularly clever. It just sounds like a greentext on /vp/. Still doesn't explain his typing.
>>
>>28089969
Fuck you bro, Litten's final evolution is the best fire starter in a long ass time.
>>
>>28090137
It is Fire/Dark dumb ass.
>>
>>28090096
No but it invalidates your claim that being fat means you aren't a wrestler
>>
>>28090425
Delusional
>>
>>28089969
yes. /thread
>>
>>28089998
Dark types represent dirty fighters. Heels rely on dirty fighting to sell the image of Bad Guy.

You think professional fighters rely on spitting muck into their opponents eyes?
>>
>>28090446
The Fire/Fighting meme has to die. It's Fire/Dark and you know it in your heart. Don't be that wottergate faggot that gets blown the fuck out in the end.
>>
>>28090147
>Not calling him ChrisBenroar
>>
>>28089969

Infernape and Emboar are martial artists.

This guy isn't a martial artist. He spits in his opponent's faces, and uses foreign objects. I.E. things Dark-types do.
>>
>>28090396
There is a reason, it's not just greentext. It's related to alchemy, as many of the pokémon in SM seem to be (litten having Sulphur's alchemic symbol on its head).
Many have already explained about the green lion who eats the sun (pic related), which is a symbol for the purification of metals in alchemy, and the fact that Solgaleo may be that same lion.
Also, the "third eye" him and Lunala share on their forehead is also an alchemical symbol, maybe representing enlightening and shit like that.

Also, see this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/4m9fnl/an_explanation_for_solgaleos_steel_type/
for an astrological explanation and
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/187276-pokemon-sun/73829525
For a more detailed alchemical explanation

>inb4 "posting leddit and gamefags"

They (sometimes) make more legit and well-thought post than the
>sun legendary
>weak to fire
shitposting I see every week here.
>>
>>28089998
Fighting is the just and good type, as the musketeers,, lucario, machamp and conkeldurr amongst others have proven. If its a heel, its a dark type
>>
File: the perfect disguise.gif (1016KB, 296x225px) Image search: [Google]
the perfect disguise.gif
1016KB, 296x225px
>>28089998
>Fighting type is pure, honorable, idealistic
>Dark type is sneaky, underhanded, deceitful
>>
>>28090470
Getting blown the fuck out with good news is not a bad feeling.

You however, shall be harshly punished for expecting nice things.
>>
This has just become an objective best fire starter ratings thread

Blaziken>Infernape>Litten3>Typhlosion>Charizard>Emboar>shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Delphox
>>
>>28090504
Change delphox for emboar and you're perfectly right
>>
>>28090504
Typhlosion>Infernape>Emboar>Charizard>Litten3>Blaziken>shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Delphox

gigantic faggot coming through
>>
>>28090494
>pure, honorable, idealistic
Literally the first fighting pokemon ever introduced goes against this asspulled lore
>>
>>28090511
Naw. If you're looking for a Fire/Psychic, Victini is the pokemon for the job. Delphox is just fucking horrible unfortunately. Aesthetically, I love it. A wizard fox, what's not to love? But it's shit, anon. It's pure shit. Fire/Fighting is a naturally good type combination, and even though Emboar is worse than his cohorts, he still benefits, as he's pretty bulky throughout and can be a nice surprise in competitive play.
>>
>>28090504
Fire types were never good.

OK: typhlosion
Shit: the fire fightings, Shitten3, Charilard
Utter shit: Delphox
>>
>>28090504
Yeah, no.
Infernape > Charizard > Typhlosion > Blaziken > Delphox > Emboar > Litten 3
Ugh, definitely the worst starter type. I can't believe I had to make something as mediocre in design as Charizard second.
Typhlosion is my favorite one, but purely because of nostalgia.
>>
>>28090529
It's not asspulled. Primeape was just poorly conceptualized. It should have been made at least part Dark in Gen 2.

Fighting type still has a lot of pokemon that are described and/or shown to be much more helpful or innately helpful to humans compared to other types
>>
>>28090529
I got money that Mankey is going to get a Dark type Alola form

Suck my dick fg
>>
>>28090114
Don't forget the fingers that are bigger than its wrists.
>>
>>28090425
Neither is confirmed.
>>
>>28090602
Yeah well neither is ur mum but you don't see my spinning my dreidel to that now do you bitch
>>
>>28090529
>Primeape gets defeated by a Chikorita
>Immediately bows out and gives over control of his gang to cutemon
>They collaborate to defeat Team Rocket

It's not their fault that they take offense easily and have a tendency to chimp out, they're one of the only "wild animal" style Fighters. The rest have the advantage of being mostly clothed, humanoid dojomon.
>>
>>28090575

>Fighting type are idealistic heroes
>Except the very first one that is a fight hungry angry monkey it's just bad concept
>also ignore Polwrath, Pangoro, Hawlucha, Scrafty and Toxicroak
>Also ignore that most fighting types literally just represent a real life fighing style and nothing else and have nothing heroic about them and that I'm literally full of shit
>>
>>28090578

Doesn't change that original Menkey is still a fighthungry asshole
>>
>>28090494

Literally what is pure honrable and idealistic about a cockfight chicken?
>>
>>28090804
>Dual types represent dual characteristics

wwwooowww

>nothing heroic about a real fighting style

Following a code of honor, having rules and structure to your sport, training hard within a school with an elder/teacher, and being the generic "good" tough guy who muscles out the villain is classic heroics. You may not like it, but I can see by your taste that you're a colossal faggot.
>>
No because litten was supposed to be my new shoulder mon since I have an adorable tiny black cat. I won't let her become this ugly monster GF shat out.
>>
>>28090804
Pangoro's dex literally states it does not tolerate for bullying

Swords of JUSTICE helped other pokemon.

Justified ability.

Emboar's dex say it cares deeply for its friends.

Gallade's dex describes it as very loyal defender.

Machamp line is always depicted (since Gen 1) helping out humans in gruelling physical labor. Official website also shows them being used as security. Dex entries of Machoke also support this.

Conkeldurr line taught humans how to make concrete.

Compare this to other types who are kept around primarily as pets more than assistance.
>>
>>28090494

>Hawlucha is literally a Wrestler

Seriously why the fuck do you faggots all just ignore Hawlucha?

Your retarded logic is exactly why you all believed Hawlucha was fake
>>
>>28090896
>Conkeldurr taught humans how to make concrete

I agree with you, but holy fucking shit you make me kek.
Your points are so weak that they almost made me drop the idea that fighting types are supposed to be the "good" types.
>>
>>28090954
I wasnt aware i had to spoonfeed you the painfully obvious fact that Conkeldurr also help out in construction sites and other heavy labor for humans
>>
>>28090885
I had no idea Jackie Chan was in Enter the Dragon in a bit part.
>>
>>28090973

Maybe because it's based on a fucking Construction worker?
>>
Screencapped this thread. This is a fakemon.
>>
>>28091205
Mallow
>>
File: 1470150528274.png (289KB, 775x723px) Image search: [Google]
1470150528274.png
289KB, 775x723px
>>28090147
>Not naming him tiger millionaire
>>
>>28089969
Theres no guarantee that it wont be Fire/Fighting, everyone just hopes its Fire/Dark.

The "heel" theme doesn't mean much, wrestling is considered fighting to kids. The only thing that makes me believe its Dark typing is the coloring and the belief that GF has received numerous death threats about Fire/Fighting starters
>>
>>28091543
>The "heel" theme doesn't mean much, wrestling is considered fighting to kids.

Yeah, that's why Solgaleo is fire type, because the sun is considered fire to kids.

Oh wait.
>>
The Fighting being the Good type doesn't mean morally good you dorks.
It means skilled.
Anyone can throw a hyper strong telephone punch.
But it takes a skilled fighter to throw a karate chop worth any salt.

Beltigre makes sense as a dark type or even poison due to how he's shown to use the Green Mist, a decidedly villainous move in Japanese professional wrestling where a masked character spits face paint in the opponent's eyes, as well as using throws in the art only heels use, such as backbreakers.
I wouldn't mind if Beltigre got a dual typed attack like flying press that was one of his STABs and Fighting type at the same time as his signature move, but it's apparent he isn't quite designed as another fighting type, but more as a pragmatic sort.
Pragmatic fighters are the dark type's schtick. Nasty plots, calling your whole crew to beat up an enemy, biting, all that stuff.
>>
>>28089969
How is Infernape less deserving of Fighting type? It's literally based on Sun Wukong, who is one of the most legendary fighters in all of mythology.

Plus, Luchalitten is clearly a Fire/Dark type.
>>
>>28089969
He's more qualified for the Fighting type than Emboar. That's about it.
>>
How the fuck is anyone drawing the conclusion that simply because it LOOKS like a "heel" Pokemon that that should qualify it as a Dark-type? Aside from this already being talked to death about how fucking stupid it is to assume a bad looking Pokemon should automatically qualify it as Dark, but how in the fuck has nobody considered that he's just a Cocky heel? How have you niggers never heard of The Rock or Stone Cold Steve Austin who were two of the biggest "faces" at the highest point of wrestling and they were LITERALLY just their heel archetype but were cheered instead of booed
>>
>>28092166
Nigga he uses Green Mist.
Right in the art he spits out green poison shit.
Green Mist is a Japanese professional wrestling move used EXCLUSIVELY by Heels, created by the most well known heel wrestler in Japanese professional wrestling (also creator of the Shining Wizard), where the wrestler spits face paint in the enemy's eyes.
>>
>>28089969
>Infernape doesn't deserve the fighting type
>the Pokemon representation of the Monkey King who almost single-handedly destroyed the heavens shouldn't be fighting type
Read a book, OP.
>>
Let's just presume this leak is real (I believe it is, but until the official confirmation, it's still just a leak). Yes, he would be perfect for a Fire/Fighting type, much more than the Fire/Dark we are speculating.

It would made a total of four Fire/Fighting starters. That's a problem, because it had to be a little bit more of variation. But let's just look at Emboar. He doesn't look like he's a Fighting type. I mean, Game Freak did a bad job there. If he was Fire/Ground, which would be a little bit better fitting, he wouldn't just be a better and more usable Pokémon than he is now, but would also make way for a new Fire/Fighting, as it would be two generations apart from the last one. And thus, Blaziken and Infernape are perfect for the Fire/Fighting typing, so they should remain as they are.
>>
>>28092544
What book?
>>
>>28090897

Hawlucha is a Tecnico aka a good guy in mexican professional wrestling so of course he is a Fighting type. Im not even sure what point you are trying to make.
>>
>>28092544
Warriors don't automatically equal a fighting type designation. Every monster in the game regardless of type can battle, and many more are based on other things that also battled. That's not even close to exclusive to the fighting type. Fighting with martial arts unarmed is fighting type, everything else - including swords, weapon use and non-martial-arts fist attacks - can and has been attributed to many other types.
>>
>>28091646
With that logic Luchatiger could be Fire/Psychic or Fire/Anything.

Your argument works both ways
>>
>>28090147
>not naming him Kane
>>
>>28089969
I'm sort of intrigued, if infernape or blaziken don't deserve fighting type what other types would you make them?

hard mode: blaziken doesn't get flying as a secondary type
>>
File: image.jpg (196KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196KB, 1280x720px
>>28090147
>not naming it killer queen
>or deadly queen :^)
>>
>>28089969
what is that ugly fucki.. shit?
a freaking thin Emboar?
>>
He's Fire/Ground. Screencap this.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.