[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me why Flareon isn't the best eeveelution >Looks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: flareon.png (598KB, 738x738px) Image search: [Google]
flareon.png
598KB, 738x738px
Tell me why Flareon isn't the best eeveelution

>Looks the coolest
>Fire type is the strongest type
>130 attack, the strongest attack out of all eeeveelutions
>can learn frickin flair blitz, doing 120 damage, the highest attacking damage move out of all eeveelutions.
>Special defence is the highest out of any pokemon. And its only weak to water so it basically counters its only weakness. Whats the point of using umbreon anymore?

Why aren't people using this competitively? Works incredibly well with my mega lucario and mega mewtwo team.
>>
>>28035161
It's also slow as balls, weak to Stealth Rocks and gets hard walled by any bulky water.
>>
>flareoncucks beg for years to get flare blitz
>it finally gets it
>it's still shit
>>
>>28035191
speed doesnt matter if i send it in first holding a focus sash. I can 1 hit ko any pokemon in xandy (except legendaries) and then heal up. Basically invincible. If i have trouble then I just use mewtwo and mega evolve, easily finishing off the battle, guranteeing my victory.
>>
>>28035161
It's also weak to ground and rock types, which may I add typically have very high defense. Furthermore it's pretty slow, which for a fire type isn't good, especially with such low physical defense.

Flareon is a transition from the special split that never fully recovered, like a couple others. In GEN 1 it had decent special, but now it's an underwhelming fire type that can't keep up with other fire types. It isn't terrible, but it really isn't that good. And Flare Blitz while a good physical move still has recoil. One of Flareon's few decent physical moves give recoil. Such a shame.
>>
>>28035161
>Looks the coolest
That's your opinion.

That's also your opinion.

Doesn't mean shit when it's super slow and its move pool is fresh ass.

>can learn frickin flair blitz, doing 120 damage, the highest attacking damage move out of all eeveelutions.
Again, see my point above.

>Special defence is the highest out of any pokemon. And its only weak to water so it basically counters its only weakness. Whats the point of using umbreon anymore?
Only weak to Water? Wtf happened to Rock and Ground? Stealth Rocks rapes this thing in the ass. And if you want a better Special Defensive Eeveelution, Sylveon is better all around. Fairy type is too good.
>>
>>28035276
well my mewtwo is mega x so it is a fighting type. there arent even any good rock types in xandy.
>>
>>28035161
I know this is a bait thread, but;

Pocket Rocket (Flareon) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 60 HP / 196 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Facade
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

For use as a wallbreaker or lategame cleaner.
>>
>Special defence is the highest out of any pokemon.

................... what ?
>>
Is this the thread where we pretend to be casuals?
>>
File: 250px-494Victini.png (40KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-494Victini.png
40KB, 250x250px
>>28035161
>Why aren't people using this competitively?
Objectively worse.

>Works incredibly well with my mega lucario and mega mewtwo team.
8/8 m8
>>
>>28035288
2. Fire type is the strongest type you faggot. Look at its moves??!!? Flareblitz?! And look at pokemon like blaziken.

3. Why does speed even matter? Attack is better and my flareon has good defence so it never gets 1 hit kod.

5. I forgot about rock and ground types. but ive never even seen a pokemon use stealth rocks ever. Why would i want a defensive pokemon? Look at the popular pokemon everyone uses. Lucario? does it need defencse? no. You can just attack and if u dont 1 hit ko then just heal up
>>
>>28035248
>survive using focus sah
>use flare blitz
>die from recoil

nice
>>
>>28035303
>well my mewtwo is mega x so it is a fighting type
But that doesn't make Flareon much better. We're talking about Flareon here, right?
>there arent even any good rock types in xandy
I recall there being a few, but regardless it still has cruddy defense. Raichu and Pikachu are fast as well, and you can say most ground types aren't that good. However most ground types can wall most of their attacks and since they have such shoddy defense a relatively weak ground type move can still do decent damage to them.
>>
>>28035355
just use a super revive retard. their so fucking cheap
>>
File: This is Bait.png (76KB, 433x261px) Image search: [Google]
This is Bait.png
76KB, 433x261px
>>28035161
>>
>>28035313
>speed boosting nature
>on a pokemon with piss ass fucking speed

I'm laughing all the way to the bank.

I legitimately think a skarmory could wall this thing until it kills itself or comes close enough to be brave burb'd.
>>
>Looks the coolest
Subjective, for me it looks the worst.
kekkles
You've got a point, even though it only matters since gen IV.
See above
>only weak to water
???

>speed doesnt matter if i send it in first holding a focus sash
Almost everything is decent in story mode.

7/10, made me reply.
>>
>>28035368
fighting type beats rock type??? if my falreon ever fights a rock type (which it hasnt) then ill just switch my mewtwo x in.
>>
>>28035205
Cant win without ur ebin mega? wew
>>
>>28035381
I think he means that it's special defense is the highest out of the eeveelutions.
>>
>>28035393
Why would i not use my mega? Would ash never use his pikachu? Only time I ever have to use my mega is on the elite 4 tho, my flreons level 100
>>
>>28035374
If you run Flareon in OU, you have bigger problems, m8.
>>
>>28035392
But we're talking about Flareon and it's own type coverages, right?
>>
>>28035409
Sylveon has more SpDef though.
>>
Please stop replying to this thread
>>
>>28035423
You clearly didn't catch my point top wew
>>
>>28035443
Does it now? Then I guess Flareon really got the shaft so hard. Low defense, low speed, high attack which until Gen IV crippled it so much since all fire moves were special. And now it can't stand above the rest of the eeveelutions.
>>
>>28035438
why wuld i ever have a team of just my flareon?

I use
>Flareon lvl 100
>Mewtwo X lvl 100
>Lucario lvl 100
>Charizard Y Lvl 100
>Zygarde lvl 100
>Charizard X lvl 100 (my frind traded me this before u guys start calling me a cheater or a cloner)
>>
Nice bait from OP, almost got me.
>>
>>28035475
Underage and b&
>>
>>28035501
im old enuoght to fuck ur bitch i bet you havent even played red and green. If you dont even know what green is then get off this website
>>
>>28035475
But we're talking about Flareon here, and how underpowered or overpowered it is, or how decent it is. If you can switch to Mewtwo X I can say that you have something to cover up your Flareon's weakness at least, sure, which is good but it's still fairly underpowered by itself.

Suppose I have a...Torterra. Flareon is super effective against Torterra, but Torterra can learn Earthquake. Because of it's subpar defense it's unlikely that it can survive a move from my Pokemon.
>>
>>28035371
>
>>
>>28035538
>there is no torterra in xandy.
>>
File: image.png (133KB, 873x623px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
133KB, 873x623px
>>28035161
>>
>>28035161
its literally a worse blaziken
>>
>>28035331
It's the thread where people pretend that OP is serious and act like they're superior because they can refute shitty b8
>>
>>28035371
You can't use revive in competitive battle, you fucking casual!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0PYdPTg9oM
>>
>>28035161

>Mega Luc/Mewtwo team
>Not using Primal Groudon/Ho-Oh as your fire type in Ubers

Nice b8 m8, I r8 you 8/8
>>
>>28035605
I dont play online faggot my 2ds wont connect to my wifi. Imtalking bout elite4
>>
>>28035562
It's an example, anon. Venusaur can just as easily learn Earthquake. Now let's compare it to a Typhlosion. Yes, I know it's not in xandy but for the sake of an example let me show just how underpowered it is. Typhlosion has speed, which can allow it to get a hit in first. Further more it has very high special attack, and thus unlike Flareon's more limited movepool, can take advantage of a lot more high power moves. Flareon on the other hand could be outsped, and due to it's shoddy defense, maybe even KO'd by an Earthquake.
>>
>>28035614
PRIMAL GROUDION IS NOT IN XANDY AND SAME WITH HOOH
>>
>>28035313
>RestTalk
>ON A WALLBREAKER
God I knew Flareon was a bad Pokemon but never though it was THAT bad! When a wallbreaker MUST use moves that you would see on defensive Pokemon then you know there is a problem.
>>
>>28035161
Walled by bulky waters and Heatran, or any flash fire users for that matter, Shit in terms of HP and DEF (65 and 60 base). Being fire means it loses 1/4 HP to stealth rocks and weak to water, ground, and rock, which are some of the best offense types. Lastly, its fucking slow.
>>
>>28035332
Now that it will be given away on Thursday next week, what is a good Special Sweeper set on Victini? Smogon only have Physical sets but the Victini that Smogon has sets has event-exclusive moves and this Victini doesn't have any of this (Fusion Bolt, Fusion Flare, Glaciate, V-Create)
>>
>>28035347
All this underage
>>
>>28035636
And yet you want to give a opinion in something that you don't understand!
>>
>>28035355
as long as you kill them it's an even trade, baby
>>
>>28035347
2. Fire is weak to Ground, the most commonly used offensive type. Your Flareon falls in hell.

3. Speed determines who goes first. It has crap physical defense, so I can just Earthquake it.

5. What healing moves are in Flareon's movepool? Defense Pokémon are used as tanks to make you NOT lose as quickly.
>>
>>28035161
The best pokemon is stoutland flareon can suck my dick
>>
>>28035347
>can you greentext on a black background?
>>
>>28037349
>that's called whitetexting
>>
File: pixiv57201943.png (890KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv57201943.png
890KB, 1000x1000px
>Tell me why Flareon isn't the best eevelution
It's nowhere near as fuckable as some others
>>
File: r u simgle master.jpg (11KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
r u simgle master.jpg
11KB, 251x251px
>>28037515
Just about to post this
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.