[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>People seriously think that EV training, breeding for IVs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Ruby_Courtney_Adventures.png (592KB, 481x491px) Image search: [Google]
Ruby_Courtney_Adventures.png
592KB, 481x491px
>People seriously think that EV training, breeding for IVs and Natures isn't cheating.
Sure there are mechanics that make it easier now but that is just because the cheating was so rampant. The mechanics were never originally meant to be abused that way.
>>
File: 1471922101823.png (266KB, 873x623px) Image search: [Google]
1471922101823.png
266KB, 873x623px
Everything is a form of cheating, just depends on the individual how far they are willing to cheat based on personality+morals. Heck using online info itself can be considered cheating, when you can just learn everything yourself without any guidance.

>we're all cheaters deall with it
>>
>implying everyone who EV trains and breeds is a cheater.

Boy, I've been breeding and training legitimate Pokemon since gen 3.

Just because you're too retarded to do it, doesn't mean it's cheating.
>>
I don't know how to become a reviewer and get games early so that nobody else knows what's going on.
>>
>>28033585
If it's not gained through hacking or glitches, it's a legitimate practice.
>>
The AI Uses EV trained mons
The game has an EV training minigame

Definitions of cheating

"act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination."

"avoid (something undesirable) by luck or skill."
>>
> doing super training is cheating
>>
>>28033585
>Hatching eggs until you get a suitable one is cheating

>Just like going through tall grass many times to encounter a specific pokemon you want is cheating
>>
>>28033906
Playing Pokemon is cheating, stop it.
>>
>>28033585
Go see a doctor. You might have some kind of disorder boy.
>>
>>28033585

>everyone in this thread has been trolled except for me
>>
(You)
>>
>>28033585
>EV training, breeding for IVs and Natures is cheating
>Nintendo literally giving us tool to help us do those things since like gen 2/3
>>
>>28034251
Are you retard or something? Ok, sorry then...
>>
>>28033585
>People seriously think that EV training, breeding for IVs and Natures isn't cheating
It's no more cheating than farming for variable stat gear in an MMO that has the optimal spread for your build. The only difference is that one is more open about the numbers involved than the other.

>Sure there are mechanics that make it easier now but that is just because the cheating was so rampant.
The devs made it easier because they're trying to encourage more people to get involved in competitive battling once they reach postgame. It goes hand in hand with why the stories have gotten easier to clear over the years: The single-player portion is being treated increasingly like a tutorial and resource for the competitive end instead of a full-fledged RPG.

>The mechanics were never originally meant to be abused that way.
You don't create a game with a significant competitive multiplayer aspect without expexting people to learn about and use the resources it provides to optimize their chances of winning.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.