[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vp/, been feeling pretty weird about pokemon lately. >Be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: pepesaur.png (106KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
pepesaur.png
106KB, 500x367px
Hey /vp/, been feeling pretty weird about pokemon lately.

>Be me, 16 years old
>Used to be super into pokemon, but became "too cool" in middle school
>Became a casual fan again when B&W come out, but not as big as I used to be
>Start dating a girl who still loves it
>We spend most of our first date talking about pokemon, I remember why I used to love it so much
>I start to play all the time, become invested in it again, our relationship basically builds through that shared hobby
>We keep dating in college, and go to the launch of X&Y together in New York
>We both graduate college and move in together, our relationship is going great
>I'm struggling to find work after graduating, she starts feeling unsure about her direction in life
>I'm not as fun to be around, she starts wondering if she even wants to be in a relationship at all
>She decides to break up with me, she wants to focus on herself and figure out who she is as a single person
>I don't blame her, we end on okay terms, but obviously it's tough

She was the reason I got back into pokemon, and the person I shared it with. Until we broke up, we would talk about Sun/Moon news together, speculate together, etc. I've been able to move on from the relationship in just about every way, but it still feels like the experience of pokemon has lost a lot of what made it so great for me. I have a few other close friends that are casually into pokemon, but none of them care about it all that much so I can't really talk about it with them like I could with my ex.

Not asking for pity or sympathy, like I said I've moved on fairly well (all things considered), but this is one aspect of my life where the change is noticeably negatively impacting my day-to-day experience with something.
>>
>>28032742
>>/tumblr/
>>
>>28032742
Wow. Amazing story. :) Autobiography when?
>>
>>28032742
>she wants to focus on herself and figure out who she is as a single person
I can't believe you fell for that bullshit lmao

Anyways, Pokémon may be tainted for you. It's like a musician who's love of his life is his bandmate. Breaking up will cause him to feel pain any time he is even reminded of music. So in your case, you can't possibly see yourself enjoying Pokémon without her.

I don't have any advice because something similar happened to me and I am still trying to figure out the answers myself. Sorry bud.
>>
>>28032820
>Autobiography when?
Already preordered it.
>>
>>28032742
>She decides to break up with me, she wants to focus on herself and figure out who she is as a single person
good thing you broke up or you would have been C U C K E D
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.