[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was up with this guy in Emerald? Why did they make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 140px-Emerald_Wallace.png (46KB, 140x294px) Image search: [Google]
140px-Emerald_Wallace.png
46KB, 140x294px
What the fuck was up with this guy in Emerald? Why did they make such an average side character into the champion and give him a big role in the story? Why not keep Steven as the champ and Wallace as the Sootopolis Gym Leader?
>>
>>28028970
Emerald Wallace > Steven > ORAS Wallace
>>
>>28028970

To vary things up probably
>>
>>28029081
Yes
>>
To give us Juan.
>>
>>28028970
Why would they not? Since when was expanding a character's story and make their role more important and unique a bad thing? It only makes the story better.
>>
It's nice to know that Gym Leaders are allowed to become champion.
>>
File: Black_2_White_2_Iris.png (67KB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
Black_2_White_2_Iris.png
67KB, 245x250px
What the fuck was up with this chick in BW2? Why did they make such an average side character into the champion and give her a big role in the story? Why not keep Alder as the champ and Iris as the Opelucid Gym Leader?
>>
>>28029491
Iris makes me wonder how long champions keeps their title on average.
>>
>>28028970
In the world of water the aquaman is king..

There was enough water mon in Hoenn to give Juan, Wallace and Archie all unique teams. Kind of crazy
>>
>Emerald had an entirely different champion than the other two
I heard the team bullshit but this is fucking ridiculous, I'm hating this trend of the two versions being so very fucking different. I'm not playing all that shit old games are so boring to play fucking sprites
>>
File: Juan Avyu.png (74KB, 166x384px) Image search: [Google]
Juan Avyu.png
74KB, 166x384px
>>28028970
Because otherwise we wouldn't have gotten based Juan.
>>
>>28029491
Worth it for the GOAT battle theme tbqh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrKeGHwOBvs
>>
>>28029508
Red (so he could continue going places and train) and Steven (so he could continue looking for rare stones) seemingly gave up their titles, Hilbert wanted to go out and look for N, so there's no need to keep the title when you're going to be gone for a long time.
>>
>>28029705
(You)
>>
>>28029705
>RSE
>old game
>so boring to play fucking sprite
I found the underage
>>
>>28028970
Easy champion for Treecko aka the canon hoen starter.
>>
>>28028970
I didn't really get the minor changes in Emerald concerning the 8th gym and Champion. Steven really didn't really do anything different concerning the plot that explains why he couldn't have served his duty, so why the change?
>>
>>28029491
This brings up a valid point though. Is the 8th gym leader given the champion status if the champion steps down with no one else to fulfill the role?
>>
>>28033642
No. A shame since Marlon would make a great champion.
>>
>>28029719
I'm still mad that Juan didn't even get mentioned in ORAS. Just a throaway line from someone in Sotopolis or something.
>>
>>28029508
Technically Alder is a grandpa
Who knows how long he was Champ before N, the player character and then Iris all beat him, one after the other
>>
>>28033631
They bring it up even in ORAS, Steven wanted to go back to finding rare stones, which is something he loves doing, so he passed the title of champ onto his friend.
>>
>>28033692

He doesn't seem to be the type to take responsibilities easily. The game would probably send you on a quest to find Marlon to battle him, because he would be in some dumbfuck nowhere swimming or something.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.