[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fake or not, can we atleast talk about how the leaks have more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: it just gets.jpg (869KB, 800x1885px) Image search: [Google]
it just gets.jpg
869KB, 800x1885px
Fake or not, can we atleast talk about how the leaks have more creative designs than most of the fake evolutions so far?
>>
>>28028725
All of these popplio evos are so much better than poppmaid though.
>>
>>28028743

(You)
>>
>>28028725
>all these popplio and litten evolutions
oh shit I need to barf.

>>28028743
Anon, I hate Poppmaid probably more than anyone else, because Popplio was a 10/10 and I thought it would become the best bro ever like Blastoise or Swampert, but it just became a sister. But I would prefer Poppmaid over these fucking degenerates everytime.

Ballio and friends are the only fakemon who are the best of all of them.
>>
>>28028725
The leofoam one and the magician
popplio one aren't an example of "it just gets bigger". The designs across each evo are inherantly different.

Also, I would train fluffy Litten. It looks like arcanine.
>>
File: Game Freak logic.png (627KB, 600x581px) Image search: [Google]
Game Freak logic.png
627KB, 600x581px
lol
>>
>>28028725
Yeah, that's what i like what GF does more. If i want it just gets bigger i go to other franchise. For wacky and fun ideas i go to Pokemon.
The only fakes i liked were Ballio&friends.
>>
>>28028725
Ballio, Owltair, and Panton are still the best designed pokémon ever
>>
As much as I dislike the leaks and fucking hate Tigermask, I'd take them over the literally gets bigger fakemon.

Same reason I dislike a fuckton of fake megas, they're plain boring. Look at any fanmade mega for pre-ORAS megas.
>>
>>28028725
these are all shit.
>>
>>28028725
I want fluffy Litten3 so bad, I want to cuddle w it
Leufuem Brawlion are pretty nice designs. The others Popplio evos are kinda meh
Houdini is also pretty nice, but doesn't feel like an actual starter.
That being said, I still prefer the official starter evos for the last two by a long shot.
>>
File: image.jpg (332KB, 1599x826px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
332KB, 1599x826px
I actually compiled pictures like these to compare with the leaks quite some time ago.

Part of what me sold me on these leaks is how unique and well thought-out they are. They're very different from what pretty much everyone else was predicting.
>>
File: image.jpg (308KB, 1599x822px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
308KB, 1599x822px
>>28029072
Most fakemon designs share similar ideas that are pretty obvious or predictable for the initial starters. But Game Freak likes to pull the rug out from under us, especially when it comes to starters. I wouldn't be surprised if they did it again.
>>
people where so far up their own arse that they completely dismissed the idea that maybe just maybe there isn't a circus theme and that there doesn't have to be a theme, and the starter having a connected theme is not the norm in the first place
>>
File: image.jpg (295KB, 1599x827px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
295KB, 1599x827px
>>28029088
I think part of the anger and frustration about the leaked final evos is that people don't understand why the circus theme wasn't used for the final evos, and how Popplio went from circus seal to mermaid, and how Litten went from quadrupedal cat to bipedal wrestler. But the thing is, the circus theme was only ever fanmade headcanon. Game Freak is absolutely allowed to completely change the direction of a pokemon's evolution. We saw it with Oshawott and older Pokemon like Remoraid.

I think people had very clear expectations and got surprised again. It really reminds me of the time when the gen 6 starters were announced. Pretty much all of the Fennekin fakemon evolutions were just bigger quadrupedal foxes of some sort. I see the same thing happening with Litten, and it's getting just as much hate.

Of course, outside of 4chan, Delphox is actually fairly popular and well-loved. I think the hardcore fans, such as those who browse and post on /vp/, were the ones who were most disappointed.

I showed my friends these leaks and they loved them. One of them even called Litten3 "badass". So while they may get hate on here, I'm pretty sure they'll be well-received elsewhere. Only Pokemon that are truly bizarre get what seems to be universal hate, like Jynx. But even then, Jynx does have her own little legion of fans.
>>
>>28029088
If the leaks end up being true they nailed it. Since gen 2 they stopped with "just bigger" starter evolutions to not only make them unpredictable but also to make them seem more like partners/buddys that are core to your team. It's also always fun to see the endless war and shitstorm that approaches when final evolutions are not what people wanted.
>>
>>28029088
I'm interested to see what people would have drawn as fake evolutions for charmander, squirtle or bulbasaur if they were revealed without their evos today
>>
>>28029072
>owls becomes a griffin

is there something im missing here?
if it was a grass eagle mon i would get it but an owl becoming an eagle seems like a bit of a stretch.
>>28029128
i think popmaid will surprise everyone
water starter have always been the bulky manly boy starter so it a big 360 to make it the super feminine one this gen
>>
>>28028725
There's nothing creative about Litten3. It's thr same shit GF has been doing with firestarters for years, turn a quadrupedal animal into a furfag in a suit. Pooplio3 is also chokeful of "elegant" fake designs. Rowlet3 is tight tho. That one can stay

Also, nothing wrong with the "it just gets bigger" concept. Not every pokémon needs to do a 180° every time it evolves
>>
>>28029181
>big trex/godzilla with fire tail
>some random quadrupedal dinosaur covered in flowers
>blastoise looking stuff but with no cannons
>>
>>28029200
Yeah, I'm not sure how they came up with a gryphon either. I searched through google and compiled what seemed to be the most common design concepts for the starters.

For Rowlet, it was pretty much just a bigger bird with a grass motif, a dapper gentleman, and surprisingly enough, gryphon.

I actually find Popplio3's feminine design to be quite refreshing. I know starters have a gender ratio of 87.5% male to 12.5% female, but I don't think people realize that this ratio doesn't necessarily equate to "87.5% masculine, 12.5% feminine." Chikorita was the first official feminine starter, and we've seen all kinds of seemingly bizarre combinations, such as male Bellossom, female Machamp, and so on.

The gender ratio was made like that to make it harder to breed starters, especially when it comes to egg moves. It's a lot more difficult to obtain a female starter with perfect IVs to breed with a male Pokemon that can pass down an egg move due to this gender ratio. Same goes for Eevee, who has the same gender ratio as well.

But this gender ratio doesn't actually reflect the "masculinity" or "femininity" of the Pokemon itself.

I think this is one of the more challenging ideas for Pokemon fans.
>>
>>28029072
So basically, D.I was one of the few who nailed one of the concepts to some extent (he predicted knives instead of arrows. Still pretty close though).
>>
>>28029221
>Fake Charizard is less draconic than Real Charizard but is still given the dragon type
>Half the fake Venusaurs will also be Dragon type
>Fake Blastoise is Blastoise but Fluffy and without cannons
>At least one version of Fake Blastoise is Dragon type
>>
>>28029094
>>28029128
>>28029168

I'm glad there are still people who understand how Game Freak operate when it comes to this and don't let their expectations turn into entitlement. So tired of people saying Popplio's evolution was supposed to be a clown and whatnot.
>>
>>28028725
I wish the starters would just get bigger, because the leaks are shit. JustGetsBiggerLitten? Yes please. PelvisThrustRapeCat? No thanks.
>>
>>28029534

I'll take the "shit" leaks over these boring and unmemorable designs any day.
>>
File: 1472047731447.png (286KB, 599x581px) Image search: [Google]
1472047731447.png
286KB, 599x581px
>>28028796
>>
File: 1472039147932.jpg (288KB, 1599x822px) Image search: [Google]
1472039147932.jpg
288KB, 1599x822px
>>28029088
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.