[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sky Battles are the most useless addition to the series. Please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4

File: XY_Prerelease_Sky_Battle.png (131KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
XY_Prerelease_Sky_Battle.png
131KB, 400x240px
Sky Battles are the most useless addition to the series.

Please prove me wrong.
>>
I liked them, because they had mons specifically to fuck you over.

They were harder than Diantha even.
>>
>>28026984
I won't.
>>
>>28026984

I liked them because they were optional battles that could actually be hard as fuck.
>tfw Emolga becomes a fucking Nightmare
>>
>>28026984
lets say your only flying type is a pidgey evolution, they'll send out an aerodactyl or emolga to ruin your day, no one carries multiple flying types to prepare for something like this. made sky battles a little bit fun and challanging
>>
>>28026984
Only a sith deals in absolutes.
>>
>>28027055
Isn't that an absolute?
>>
>>28027055
I never said I wasn't a Sith.
>>
idk, I went through the whole game without doing one so I wouldn't know
>>
>>28026984

I actually wouldn't mind Sky Battles if they actually allowed certain Pokemon to stay on the ground when not in a Sky Battle, or properly animated shit that should have to flap to stay aloft (I'm looking at you Tropius).

How would you guys feel about Dive Battles?
>>
>>28026984
The most useless additions are abilities, and the game asking if you want to use another repel. It's just useless clutter.
>>
>>28026984

Quite frankly I'd love to see more monotype battles. You can't just rapestomp somebody with a 6 Pokemon Team and at the same time are an incentive to make a more diversified Team that are all equally trained.

If anything Sky Battles should get expanded by other types of Battles, though I can't really think of any atm
>>
>>28026984
I think they could be awesome.

I have a vision: the Pokémon are constantly flying. Gameplay wouldn't really change, but it would look like a dogfight.
>>
>>28026984
Polishing Badges

Do you even remember which game that was in?
>>
>>28027164

https://youtu.be/AlRYZj8PM-g
>>
I wish I could ignore them, but no, they had to ruin a shit load of birb bros, like Skarmory with this permanent gliding animation.
>>
>>28027102
I want swim battles.
>>
>>28027112
>the game asking if you want to use another repel
Fuck you that was a great addition
>>
>>28027190

I'm guessing Gen 4 because that was the only Gen I skipped and I don't remember this
>>
They would have been great if there were possible online.
>>
>>28027190
I liked doing it the first time but it got old
fast
>>28027205
ding ding
>>
>>28026984
Considering that, until this post, I had completely forgotten they were even a thing, I'd have to agree
>>
>>28027199
>this guy has OU: The Team: The Experience: The Movie: The Game
>then pulls out this fucking PU piece of trash

????
>>
>>28027112
>and the game asking if you want to use another repel
yeah having to go back to your bag every time your repel ran out was much better :^)
>>
>>28027238

Well if Sky Attack was instantenous in the games too Unfezant might be a good mon too
>>
>>28027299
Good? No. OU? Fuck no. Better than garbage? I guess.
>>
Sky Battles could've been useful if they used them during soaring. Makes more sense than Aggron standing on a fucking cloud.

What they needed wasn't to be removed, but to actually get some damn attention. A Battle Chateau Sky Battle mode could've been interesting- use everything you learned from fighting Sky Trainers and fight in a challenge that would definitely be harder than Super Doubles.

At least one Wifi competition would've been nice, too. Inverse Battles could've benefited from it too. Imagine the kind of meta that could've sprung up around VGC Inverse Battles.
>>
>>28027303

Idk man
Unfezant has a pretty incredible attack stat and good speed. And it's bulky enough to take a hit. It's main problem us that it lacks the movepool. An instant Sky Attack would make it much more viable than people prolly think.
>>
>>28027458
it just needs brave birb
>>
>>28027199
Wouldn't that be awesome?

Obviously it wouldn't be that choreographed, but imagine the two Pokémon flying on a course through the sky as the camera pans.
>>
>>28026984
Pretty much.
However, I do wish the battle facility had a Type-Masters tournament like the PWT, where you can only use Pokemon of one type.
>>
>>28026984
Rotation Battles would like to say hi.
>>
>>28026984
But they're fun

You're mad because you probably lost a nuzlocke on accident didnt you

>nuzlocke x y

You're the most useless addition to this board, get rekt in the name of arceus, faggot.
>>
>>28027831

I don't get why Rotation Battles aren't more popular. Especially the Smogon crowd you'd expect a battle format that relies much more on team building and personal skill.
>>
>>28026984

What's your trainer ID, OP? I need it to post as the definition of the most useless addition: you as a player.
>>
>>28027831
Except rotation is really fucking fun
>>
>>28027831
Rotation is great. Singles with instant switch for half the team. That takes real strategy.
>>
>>28026984
They should added Dive battles with the same stupid restrictions.
>>
File: Battle_Frontier_E.png (156KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Battle_Frontier_E.png
156KB, 2048x1152px
>>28026984
This exists.
>>
>>28026984
The most useless addition is cutting grass with Cut. It's neat, but it literally serves zero purpose.
>>
>>28027149
>underwater battle (water obviously)
>underground/quicksand battle(ground)
>magnetic battle (steel)
>>
>>28028437
This is bait.
>>
>>28028458
What? You can cut tall grass? What game?
>>
>>28028458
>Can help you avoid a wild encounter when you're out of repels.
>Zero purpose
???
>>
>>28027112
Asking if you want another repel was literally the biggest improvement to Pokemon since the Special stat was split to SpeAtk/SpeDef.
>>
>>28026984
I'm gonna have to agree that Badge Polishing is a more useless addition. It was a nice little thing when I was first playing through Pearl, but it was entirely useless.
>>
>>28028546
>mfw I was a kid and had to tell other kids why their badges looked like shit after 2 days
It was the most boring thing to do, and it took me a while to figure out how to do it myself too.
>>
>>28028478
I remember doing it in GSC, don't know if it was a thing in RBGY, haven't played those.
>>
>>28028563
Apparently it's a thing from gen1 to gen3. I started im gen3 yet I still don't remember it being a thing :T
>>
>>28028471
>instead of 1 shitty battle mode there is 6 shitty battle modes and a battle tower
Sure.
>>
>>28027859
>smogonbabies
>playing a format that's not on their poorfag simulator
Good one
>>
>>28026984
They were ok but felt unpolished and not cool enough.
I loved the rumors about the hights having influence on battle.
>>
File: 1329093218227.png (31KB, 673x519px) Image search: [Google]
1329093218227.png
31KB, 673x519px
>>28027831
>Rotations are what SMOGON should love and care
>They don't
>>
>>28028592
There was no prompt or anything for it, you just had to select cut from the move menu.

It cut away one tile of grass so it would be pretty tedious if you were hoping to cut all the grass out of your path to avoid encounters, you were better off using repels or just leading with a speedy mon and running. Probably why they axed it
>>
>>28027399
>my name is elektross and Im a levitating electric lamprey
>>
>>28028747

Huh, didn't it cut a 3x3 square?
>>
>first sky battle
>want to use Beedril
>can't
it's shit.
>>
Inverse battles >>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>
>>28027203
We could well get dive battles.
>>
>>28026984
That's not VGC! We already had an established metagame.
>>
Double battles
>>
>>28028478
The first 4 or 5 generations. After that, cutting grass was removed.
>>
>>28027190
I liked how they each played a note if tapped. Playing songs on them was neat.
>>
do they actually add something to the game or do they literally just remove stuff you could use?
>>
>>28026984
the bike racks nobody uses in gen iv
>>
>>28026984
It's the reason to pick Y I guess
>>
>>28029158
I could be playing smogon right now
>>
File: Meloetta_Musical_show.png (71KB, 253x191px) Image search: [Google]
Meloetta_Musical_show.png
71KB, 253x191px
>Super Contests without the move appeal round and barely any dancing
>Only input is dressing the Pokémon and when to use props during the performance
>Discriminates against Pokémon with no arms from "winning" the musical due to requiring held props to steal the spotlight
>Rewards from it are only more props to collect for a Trainer star/medal

May or may not be the most useless, but certainly more so than Sky Battles and definitely a farce to the contests that came before it.
>>
>>28026984
You are not wrong.
>>
>>28026984
You're right
>>
>>28026984
They're the only battle style to not be in another game of a gen. GF probably thinks it's shit too
>>
>>28026984
I forgot they existed. I never did one.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.