[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In a completely hypothetical situation, let's say pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 15

File: num9qgc.png (279KB, 620x462px) Image search: [Google]
num9qgc.png
279KB, 620x462px
In a completely hypothetical situation, let's say pokemon exist.

You catch and train a pokemon, spending long hours "bonding". It reaches it's max abilities, which are not to your liking, seeing as you intended to compete professionally.

You can either give up on it , keep going (and get rekt), abandon it, or genetically modify it to be "perfect."

Note: modifying it means you're pokemon is no longer the same inside. Sure, it still has an affection towards you, but it's personality has changed completely as a side effect of the "treatment."

Wat do? Which would be more cruel?
>>
>>28024664
>genetically modify it to be "perfect."
And keep going. My curiosity and imagination would override literally any other drive if this was an option. Charmander would have acidic blood and carnivorous tentacles by the time I was done with it.
>>
nigga you don't need perfect IVs to beat the elite 4 in game so why would I need them in real life
>>
>>28024737
fpbp
>>
>>28024763
Because real life wouldn't be like the games. Beating the Elite 4 wouldn't be an achievable goal for most people. It'd be like playing in the Olympics or sports at a professional level, a dream most people can't follow through on.
>>
I take it to that guy down the street who can tell how good it is as soon as it's hatched just by looking at it, and put it up for adoption if it isn't as good as I want before it has any time to become attached.
>>
>>28024838
this.

Also, having pokemon compete on the level you're talking about it literally like having them compete in those on tv dog shows. Which most people never do.

Don't fucking tell me you wouldn't have a squirtle as a pet you faggot.
>>
Pokémon are not for hurting
They are for non-sexual loving
>>
>>28024892
And for safe, consensual, sexual loving.
>>
>>28024878
yeah, I wouldn't be a competitive battler if I lived in the pokemon world. I'd want one pokemon to fly on, one pokemon to surf on, a shoulder mon and maybe one dedicated battler, but I'd be all about traveling and just seeing the world over battling.
>>
>>28024664
If I can safely fuck them then who cares
>>
>>28024906
Only if they consent. Telepathically or by other means.
>>
>>28024664
>>28024878
As someone who does show dogs (not to that level though) then I would breed from it to hopefully get something better in the next generation.
>>
IRL I doubt I'd even have the time or inclination to travel the world fighting gyms once a year to compete in a regional league.

At best I'd pick up a cutemon or two to have as pets
>>
>>28024906
FURRY
>>
>>28024664
I hyper train it.

I feel like a lot of people on here don't actually want to be professional battlers, but I would definitely want to try.
>>
File: Screenshot_142.png (936KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_142.png
936KB, 644x644px
>>28024959
>>
>>28024959
Ew, no, fuck furries, I just have sex with animals.
>>
>>28025056
This.
>>
>>28025056
I would pokemon but not animals
>>
File: Nidoqueen.png (179KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
Nidoqueen.png
179KB, 431x431px
>>28024664
>Not just cheating
OP, pls. If it were real, we'd be able to teach our pokemon all kinds of dirty as fuck tricks to make up for bad genetics.

>Nidoqueen, use eye toxic!
>Nidoqueen, use ball crunch!

>Go on to become the master of alley brawls
>>
>>28024664
>Wat do? Which would be more cruel?

If I cared that much about it I realistically wouldn't catch my own pokemon.

Catching your own Pokemon would be a rookie "meme" mistake as Professionals would realistically go to breeders as this anon has pointed out: >>28024943 , >>28024878 . They'd pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for the purest, strongest, most well-bred Pokemon with certified Genetics, Egg-Moves and raise them accordingly.

Sure you'd still get people who caught and trained wild pokemon from scratch, but the breeders would be and are in an entirely different league from the people going about it the old fashioned way and REALLY when you get down to it the games kind of reflect that in the casual vs competitive community?

So, yeah, no thanks.
My idea of an amazing pokemon would be to fuck off to the Orange/Sevii Islands and live a peaceful rural island life with my tropically themed team consisting of my boys (and girls) Lickitung, Slowbro and either Tangela or Tropius.
>>
>>28024664
Keep it as a family pet, it wouldn't compete in serious competition, but would likely get used in a more low-tier or casual competition.
>>
>>28025172
starting to think about it, high level competitions would be boring as fuck. You'd watch the same couple of rich guys battling all the time. Kinda like sports at the upper levels, where it tends to be the same couple of faggots doing the same thing.
>>
>>28025250
Street battles are where it's at. Just like irl
>>
>>28025172
I find it likely that there would be seperate leagues in such a world, like a minor league, semi-professional league, and professional league. I'm sure a straight from the wild tourney would exist.
>>
>>28025306
Sure, amateur and local competitions would be pretty darned awesome.

But, I guess you also wouldn't get to see full power hyper beams unless you're watching the latest pro tournament where Tiger Woods is using his Nike Breeding Association sponsored pokemon.
>>
>>28024664

Me and my bros would go for broke regardless of how weak they might be.

If I don't believe in them then they won't believe in me.
>>
The entire world's economy seems to based off pokemon battling so even being a mediocre trainer would guarantee you enough money to live city to city in decent hotels while doing what you love as a profession. As for training specific mons it seems the overlying themes of the games and anime is you can achieve anything with enough effort and love. Forgetting that Ash is doomed to lose the introduction of hyper training makes it so wild caught mons can compete with perfect babies. Any way you slice it its a better reality than this one and pokemon will never be real and suicide is the only answer.
>>
>>28024664
Keep going

Even if my Charizard isn't perfect, It would still be my bro
>>
>>28025381

Plenty of things you and your Pokemon can do besides battle and train too.

Maybe you and your Charmander start a restaurant, or maybe you and your Slowpoke open a daycare.

Skies the limits.
>>
>>28025423
Yeah obviously any profession in our world could be as viable a choice in the pokemon world but battling seems like a surefire thing I'd you're at least above average which shouldn't be hard to be.
>>
>>28025421
on second thought, I agree with >>28025423, and would probably live a comfy life with my charizard.
>>
>>28025352
>Talonflame with the Nike symbol on its sides just flashed into my head
>>
File: 1356550875435.gif (3MB, 298x224px) Image search: [Google]
1356550875435.gif
3MB, 298x224px
>>28024664

If pokemons existed, i would be too busy making a good team instead of just focusing on one pokemon. What kind of nigger would just focus on only one in the hope of making it anywhere?

I would definitely have six bros, travel the whole world, and who care if they are not at their maximum capabilities? The most important part is having fun the whole way, not just focus on total no fun allowed training
>>
File: 1467257649441.png (577KB, 480x476px) Image search: [Google]
1467257649441.png
577KB, 480x476px
>>28024935
>To protect its Trainer, it will expend all its psychic power to create a small black hole.
>>
Something I never see anyone bring up is the six pokemon limit. Clearly it's just a battling limit and there's no law against having a bunch of monster traveling with you. I'd imagine it would be very fun to have a backpack full of Bros you train together and make teams of six when necessary.
>>
>>28025250
>>28025306

In keeping with my current cozy fantasy: >>28025172

I'd imagine the most thrilling and arguably entertaining sort of pokemon battles would be the casual/amateur ring if only because you'd see a lot more diversity of pokemon, movesets and you're going in there watching and participating with people who haven't bought into the hard-set, unfun, "have to win" stigmas that would reside within professional battling.

That and you'd get "weird fun rules": Lets take my tropical island fantasy and say the island I live on has a special annual event every summer that starts in June and ends in August (just before the kids have to get back to school) and basically it's a "Bug Catching & Bug-only Pokemon tournament".

The rules would be simple: you have 2'ish Months to capture and train the best possible bug pokemon you can find before a contest is held in town at the summer festival/carnival. There'd be a few aspects to it the obvious one being a tournament style pokemon battle where you compete with other locals and their bug pokemon, but I'd imagine there'd also be more "peaceful" contests that awarded door-prizes based on the size, weight, rarity or beauty of your bug pokemon n' so forth if you sucked at fighting, but were 100% autistic about catching that Rare pinsir who had the DOUBLE set of pincers or another who held out until that particular breed of Butterfree with the Red spot and yellow-ish whites migrated in.

You'd have Children, Teenagers and Young Adults getting hype as shit to put on their kakies and head out into the fucking jungle to find the very best Bug-Pokemon and then.. They'd either keep them, sell them off to collectors or they'd just release them: back into the wild for next year.

Pokemon.
>>
>>28025569

Yeah but you still have to have that one. That one that never leaves your side, who's always there when you need him, your ace in the hole.

Realistically in the real world, if the anime is anything to go by, anything is viable in a battle. Even if it's at a disadvantage.

Still /vp/. Who is your bro? Who is your ace?

For me it's gotta be Venusaur.
>>
>>28025640
Slowbro always.
>>
>>28025621
Fuck, why can't I live in the Pokemon universe? Fucking beautiful writeup.
>>
>>28024664
couldn't i just keep it around like a pet and train a new one?
>>
File: cof (2).png (3MB, 1600x2245px) Image search: [Google]
cof (2).png
3MB, 1600x2245px
>>28025640
Cofagrigus. But honestly there are so many potential best pals, I imagine fate would choose for me.
>>
>>28025607
I think the six pokemon limit is more like the magazine limit for guns in some states. It's just illegal to have more because someone decided so.

Or maybe, there would be an actual cost for storage of pokemon. Think about how the pokebank charges for storing your bits of data in the real world. So, the cost itself is what keeps you from collecting a gorillion pokes.
>>
>>28025640
Raichu for me.
>>
>>28025640
>Still /vp/. Who is your bro? Who is your ace?
Gligar/Gliscor, Gligar was my ace in Gold and then turned into a beast with Gen 4. I don't care if it comes with Poison Heal or not.
>>
>>28025777
Real pokemon would be bred for various qualities, much like real competition animals.
>>
File: camping.gif (448KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
camping.gif
448KB, 500x497px
If pokemon were real I wouldn't even bother with gyms and the elite 4 and all that shit
Just traveling around with a team of pokemon and beat up random strangers' pokemon for lunch money sounds like pretty close to the ideal life. You probably don't need perfect breeding to beat randoms, even in a more "realistic" setting.

I guess if I needed a badge to be able to Fly or something then sure, maybe it's something like a driver's license where you have to pass a test to be allowed to ride your pokemon through the air.

>tfw no comfy campouts between towns with all your pokemon out and chilling around the fire with marshmallows.
>>
File: 1469159827818.jpg (401KB, 731x960px) Image search: [Google]
1469159827818.jpg
401KB, 731x960px
>>28025777
Half of the shit you quoted said nothing about EVs or shit.
>>
>>28025777
Trips have spoken. Neckbeards

B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>28025777
You didn't actually read most of those, did you? Just clicked every post thinking about how clever it would be.
>>
>>28025569
>What kind of nigger would just focus on only one in the hope of making it anywhere?

90% of everyone in the Pokemon world I'd guarantee you would specialize or focus on small Mono-type teams simply because they're easier to feed, train and take care of- especially in just terms of actually being able to understand the subtle details if your Pokemon is healthy or not in the first place.

>>28025777
>All you autistic dumbfucks treating it as if its still the game, with EVs and IVs and stupid ass shit based on this reality.

I dunno what you're getting your ass all bent out of shape for, Anon: EVs, IVs and Egg-Moves would still be a thing if only more subtle and something only acknowledged or well known by professional breeders or some such experts.... Though, I mean, some of I'd imagine to be way MORE obvious, like:

-If you bred a Nidoran for Poison Tail it'd probably have a big, fat, long tail that it normally wouldn't have unless he were a Nidoking, but you bought it from Seviper+Nido Stock and that's just how they turned out.
>>
>>28024664
Even if it lacks in some departments, as long as it's willing to give me its all, then I'll find a way to make it a competitive beast.

A more agile Charmander if his flamethrower is not "perfect." A more accurate Lopunny if its Focus Punch doesn't hit as hard normally.

The best part about having one in this hypothetical real life situation is there's no longer shitty Game Freak game mechanics rules to hold us back.
>>
File: 2a5.jpg (77KB, 400x551px) Image search: [Google]
2a5.jpg
77KB, 400x551px
>>28025862
> treating it as if = saying it straight out
>>
>>28025879
He surely blew himself the fuck out by looking like an idiot and not reading the thread before posting.
>>
>>28025925
Most of the thread is pretty grounded on actual real world sports and competition as opposed to game mechanics.
>>
>>28025765
I've always thought of it as a technological limitation of whatever technology-so-advanced-as-to-be-indistinguishable-from-magic lets pokeballs and the storage system work in the first place.
Like, there's some sort of planet wide network with the capability of compressing pokemon into pure data and storing them into a pokeball to be unpacked when needed, but they've only got so much "resolution" in their network and if more than six full pokeballs are too close together it can't safely do the decompression so it just moves any new pokemon to your box.
>>
>>28026002
I would say the last bit is more like they don't want to spend more than a certain amount of processing power on each trainer, which roughly equates six pokemon. Rather than going into resolution which doesn't really fit.
>>
>>28024664
Are you
A) Breeder fag
B) Karen fag
C) Injection fag

Be more straight forward
>>
>>28024664
I'll just hypertrain it anon.
>>
>>28025925
Literally the first post quoted talked about genetically engineering a Charmander to have acid blood and carnivorous tentacles. Or is that just what a perfect IV charmander is like?
>>
>>28025925
You might wanna make sure what you posted is coherent before calling someone else a retard.
>>
>>28025607
>>28025765
>>28026002
>>28026101

If I had to make any guesses about the "6 pokemon limit":

-I can 100% guarantee you're limited to 6 Pokemon on a team for battles only because that's the magic number in terms of "enough pokemon to keep it interesting" vs "too many pokemon this battle is lasting for fucking ever". These sorts of rules probably change from battle to battle and just like in the games you can have 3 on 3 or 1 on 1 battles, etc.. etc.. But still have "more" pokemon obviously.

-In terms of actually physically carrying Pokemon with you in their balls I don't actually think there's any "real" limit, but the PC system just zaps up your extra pokemon and it's a setting you can edit/alter as part of a subscription plan or something?

Like, humor me for a moment, but what if the PC system works on a subscription basis: some people have access to the PC because they have hundreds of pokemon while some people don't because they don't need it?

There was a point in the game in Firered & Leafgreen where you get to the Sevii islands and Bill himself is just putting the finishing touches on the PC server out there on the island system as previously the whole area had been without the system up until the player just showed up... And maybe that's just how it is? In big, huge, competitive places where Pokemon literally fuel the economy they can't afford NOT to have a PC since professionals and people NEED to have their dozens of pokemon transported, stored and constantly available.
>>
>>28026554
The real answer is it's a convenient arbitration for a FUCKING VIDEO GAME
>>
>>28025172
Fucking this.

If pokemon were real, sure the fame would be in being a competitive battler, but the real money is in being a breeder.

I'd be a professional breeder who searches the world for rare and genetically diverse pokemon to make my breeding stock the absolute best.
>>
File: 1380415671350.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1380415671350.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
>>28025777

Here's your (you), anon.

>>28025569
>>28025640

Even with my bro i wouldn't go super training on him, i don't expect him to win against type he's weak again, that's why i have other bros so my main bro isn't thrown into the gutter first.
>>
Hey gligar heres a game shark so you could learn every single move like roar of time and judgement also gliscor is unavailable do you still like me friend
>Yes
>>
I'd give up on using it in battles amd keep it as a companion and use a stronger team.
>>
>>28026554
i always imagined that it was a care thing. like caring for more than 1 or 2 pokemon is an ordeal for your average lass or rising star but 6 is the most a professional could handle.
>>
I think most ppl will choose to kept pokemon as companions taking care of some pokemons will be a huge financial requirement as it wouldnt be the same as a dog or cat like most ppl would have smaller pokemon and only those with money could afford larger pokemon species or larger teams your average joe couldnt possibly have an onyx it would need thousands of dollars a month to feed not to mention the amount of space one would need to keep it happy.

Pokemon battles would be for everyone but only rich folks or lucky bastards could even afford to compete professionally or even breed pokemon.

I personally keep mine as companion try my hand as a competitor but do so casually and most likely care for small pokemons my team would probably be pokemons around the same size as a sylveon and a starter would be litten which i wouldnt evolve until i could afford it i probably breed eevees if possible i imagine eevee would be popular pets.
>>
>>28027646
Onyx just eats rocks though
>>
>>28027646
Oh forgot to add i think depending of the area one lives it would influence choice of pokemon like why ppl living in d australian outback have ice pokemon or city folks water pokemon unless they were breed to fit in reg fish tanks
>>
I would train tyranitar.
>only eats rocks
>Fuckhuge Godzilla
>Bro as fuck
>>
>>28027658
>>28027760

>Only eats rocks.

That's like saying a horse "only eats grass".
You'd have to feed your rock-pokemon a specific sort of rocks- you wouldn't just be able to shovel gravel into it's mouth and call it a day... Though keep in mind I wouldn't doubt that the Pokemon world would have Rock-Type Pokemon kibble/food/chow that you could buy in bulk or in huge bags or something to feed your pokemon.

While we're at it there'd also probably be people or towns who'd want to rent rock-pokemon to clear their work sites of rocks in the same way people IRL hire goats to mow lawns or keep weeds down via eating them.
>>
>>28024664

Hyper train it
>>
>>28024664
Abandoning it is the most cruel, since you've bonded for quite a while.

For my bro, I'll get rekt. I did my best, I have no regrets.
>>
>>28027658
Well u cant just let ur onyx eat any rock what if u eat rocks in a private property?
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.