[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would need to happen for a second PokéMania? Things to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: time-pokemon-227x300.jpg (34KB, 227x300px) Image search: [Google]
time-pokemon-227x300.jpg
34KB, 227x300px
What would need to happen for a second PokéMania?

Things to note:
>Original lasted until Gen III.
>Pokémon merch EVERYWHERE.
>>
>>28022729
The second already happened in July with Pokémon GO.
>>
>>28022838
Shit died down in a month. Mania lasted for years.
>>
Franchises don't see popularity resurgences like that unless they're called Star Wars.
>>
>>28022874
Or Frozen.
>>
For Hoenn to be erased from existence.
>>
Pokemon GO coming out to a successful launch alongside Sun/Moon.
Extreme gen 1 pandering. The works: Remade Indigo League anime, NX remakes of Red/Blue that connect to Sun/Moon, rebooting the original base set cards (which they're doing), getting an animated movie series, etc
>>
>>28022729
genwunners die out or let go of their nostalgia and be able to embrace something new and good
>>
>>28022729
Have more Smogon sets, teach them in schools. It probably won't wake up the masses, but it would reduce the amount of people who claim VGC to be competitive.
>>
>>28023006
>waaaaaah
>>
Remake red and blue for ps4/xbox one
>>
>>28022729
Pokemon Go showed that the interest in pokemon is still there, but it quickly died out due to mismanagement (and the game being shitty). It just would need a big marketing push with multiple products coming out, but such a push is more than what nintendo or gf are willing to do.
>>
>>28023047
>waaah
>as if this isn't how genwunners act
>>
>>28022886
>frozen
>franchise
>>
>>28022729
>>Original lasted until Gen III.
GEN 2 actually, by 3 people had moved on or grown already.
Only little kids or late bloomers sticked to it.
>>
>>28022729
A game that sells 10 million copies everytime it comes out is still pretty big if you ask me.
>>
>>28022886
>sequel is in development hell
>it'll be meticulously planned and terrible because it wasn't done in 3 months like the first one
>>
>>28022729
Could never happen and it has to do with a combination of social media and the death of cartoon blocks and saturday morning cartoons on standard broadcast.

I'd delve into it but I am much too drunk right now
>>
>pokemon go drastically gets changed to where its like the main line poke games
>train individual pokemon
>no trainer level shit
>championships

people will eat this shit up
>>
>>28022729
I like pokemon but if you want a new pokemania it would need a reboot. I mean "michael bay's transformers" kind of reboot. It would drop the series down a notch when it comes to quality but merch alone would eclipse any other revenue.

A live action feature film with millions of dollars in marketing and a guaranteed trilogy would be hard to beat. This is what would have happened a long time ago if pokemon was owned by an american company. Japanese people think more long term. They rather squeeze pokemon for what it's worth year after year. An american owner would try to maximize returns. When Disney buys Pokemon or Nintendo that all goes down the drain. Before you laugh look at Marvel, Star Wars, and the Japanese economy.
>>
>>28023105
Pokemon GO was lightning in a bottle. People want to live the dream of being a Pokemon trainer, not play a game about it.
>>
>>28022729
The anime would need to git gud, which has already failed miserably. The anime has always been the weakest aspect of Pokemon, and its meandering in Johto was a major factor in killing Pokemania (the other being no Johto connectivity in Gen 3, which was the final nail in the coffin). If the anime had been good, we may have seen the second coming of Pokemania. Instead, Ash lost the fucking league.
>>
>>28022874
That only happened because Disney had the money to advertise and shove it down our throats months before the movie came out.
>>
>>28022855

Mania doesn't last these days in the current pop culture landscape with social media and whatnot. People constantly crave different sources of stimuli and won't tether themselves to any one particular thing.

So to answer your question, July was probably the closest Pokemon will ever get to reaching PokeMania again. A gimmicky app will hold the public's interest for a hot minute.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.