[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sell me on these starters /vp/. I'm gunna ignore things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: inline1.jpg (188KB, 640x337px) Image search: [Google]
inline1.jpg
188KB, 640x337px
Sell me on these starters /vp/. I'm gunna ignore things like "lol they're shit". I want to replay gen 6, but I just can't get behind the starters.
>>
>>28020458
They're shit, just box them.
>>
>>28020458
Braixen is cute.
>>
>>28020458
Froakie is the only one you might want if you care about competitive stuff.
Braixen is a cutie though.
>>
>>28020495
This is true. Design wise I honestly have no issues. It's usage that bothers me. And yes, I know, in game, not just using pokemon you like is autisic.
>>
>>28020517
>in-game
>Froakie

LMAO
Froakie is literally the WORST Gen 6 starter to use in-game. If you're planning on transferring a Protean Froakie then sure.

But OP, choose either Chesnaught or Delphox. Both are miles ahead of Greninja for in-game play and not as frail.
>>
Are you considering one of the gen 1 starters Sycamore gives you too? If you're not considering Charmander, I fully endorse Delphox. It's probably the best fire type you will have during the story, with respectable speed and special. Plus it's nice to have one more thing that's resistant to Fairy.
>>
>>28020458
What do you dislike?
IMO they're some of the best starters. Even Chesnaught (though it isn't my favorite by any means).
>>
I had a blast using Chesnaught in game. Spiky Shield is a great move and Quilladin completely carried my team mid game
>>28020715
Also this. Greninja was Serperior and Meganium-tier weak for me in game
>>
>>28020775
Something about the strategies associated with them I guess. I often feel bored using them. Like I'm stucking using them in exactly one way and nothing else. And with how pokemon are distributed in game it often feels awkward when team building.
>>
>>28020458
They're all cute together, have a connected theme, and are not as everstone or permabox-ish as gen 5

>I like Chesnaught
>>
So from what I've gathered, don't use Greninja, Chesnaught is fun, and the delphox line is cute and a good fairy resistence.
>>
>>28020458
So box them and pick literally anything else. The national dex is massive.
>>
>>28021326
Yeah, but that's the easy way out. I want to at least see why others like using them before I disregard them completely.
>>
>>28020517
You still won't care about the froakie you get as a starter then, cause it won't have protean.
>>
>>28021454
Chesnaught is offensively versatile and can learn many TMs you find early like bulldoze, swords dance, and poison jab for fairies. Obviously you keep it away from flying types and have something like an electric or rock type in your party to counter them.

Delphox is a solid ingame pokemon. FIre/psychic is great coverage, has WoW to cripple physical threats, and its a fast pokemon. No downside to using it although having a little more movepool variety would be nice.

Never used greninja ingame so can't give much of an opinion on it. I don't like the look of it, but I think frogadier looks cool. Nothing wrong with a speedy water type I suppose but there's lots of other water types to pick from too.
>>
>>28020458
Fennekin otherwise you only have two fire choices, Pansear or Litleo
>>
Why does Delphox being Fairy resistant matter? There's no actual threat from the Fairy type in this game
>>
>>28022029
yo step up senpai
>>
File: Delphox 4.png (65KB, 400x524px)
Delphox 4.png
65KB, 400x524px
Delphox has one of the best cries in the games
Wizard that doesn't afraid of anything
Just pick Delphox already
>>
>>28020715
>>28021015
It was REALLY that bad?
>>
>>28022009
Thank you anon, one of the best replies so far, not that I don't approciate all of you guys that too time to give their opinions

>>28022035
It doesn't I guess. But I like balanced teams. I play mtg a lot, and it appeals to a similar part of my brain as deckbuilding.
>>
>>28022277
OP here, honestly it was the first one I picked and I never had issues with it. It's just become so overused and I felt like I got everything out of it from the one playthough I did with it.
>>
>>28020458
chespin and braixen are cute
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.