/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Following Pokemon will never come back because it would be too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 200_s.gif (42KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
42KB, 267x200px
Following Pokemon will never come back because it would be too difficult.

We've got the models made. But they're not scaled for an overworld. Imagine a Dialga trying to follow the player character through a craggy mountain range. Flying Pokemon would look awkward hovering behind the player character. Serpentine Pokemon would be a challenge to animate moving at a pace that matches the player's while not getting in the way. I assume fish Pokemon would levitate, but that leaves non-fish aquatic Pokemon, like Tentacruel, Eelektross, Milotic, and others a challenge to animate well.

Then there's interacting with them in the overworld. If you walk into a narrow hallway, can you turn around and phaze through them? Would they immediately walk through the player to be behind you again?

Sprites had a "charm" to them. Pic related is pretty much the largest any sprite could get. They had a few frames of animation, they could phaze through the player and it would look alright because it's 2D. Sprites can get away with having a few frames of idle animation, while 3D models would need much more complex ones in order to not appear lazy and lifeless.
>>
HGSS already made you put away big Pokemon in caves, buildings, and tight spaces, do the same shit
>>
>>28012571
It really shows how johto is a terrible region since this and being able to go to kanto are the only things people remember about it.
>>
>>28012632
This.

On unrelated note, I think PBR is the only game where Wailord's model is not scaled down. Colo/XD has better scaling than XYORAS, but I swear it still wasn't as big as it should have been.
>>
>>28012641
Yup. It wasn't even a good feature, I don't get the obsession over it,

>>28012632
You' have to do it in more places, though, and that would make people bitch.
>>
>>28012571
Fuck pokemon following you, give me back seasons instead.
>>
>>28012632
Not caves, just buildings
but still...
>>
>>28012571
Gamefreak is lazy.
Gamefreak is a shitty company.

That's the gist of it. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>28012641
I remember lots of things about it but I also don't like following Pokemon or care for being able to go to a heavily stripped down Kanto
>>
>>28012641
Yeah no.
>>
File: 1451605130053.png (367KB, 855x863px) Image search: [Google]
1451605130053.png
367KB, 855x863px
>>28012722
This, for being a big budget game franchise it's insulting how cheap everything is. We finally got proper instrumental music and it's still weak compared to random jrpgs and korean mmos.

open-source pokemon game when? pokemon battle facility simulator when? online is fine but I'd love to try out some pokemon stadium esque shit with gen 7 pokemon
>>
>>28012571
Good. I hated following Pokémon.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.