[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>_____ is a popular Pokemon >People want more ______ >Gamefreak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 250px-006Charizard.png (167KB, 1069x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-006Charizard.png
167KB, 1069x250px
>_____ is a popular Pokemon
>People want more ______
>Gamefreak gives people more _______
>/vp/ thinks _______ is being forced down their throats
>>
>>28006827
There is a hole in your argument. If /vp/ wants more _____, then why did they not want it when they were given more?
>>
File: Lucario eank.png (73KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lucario eank.png
73KB, 480x480px
>>
>>28006842
Because /vp/ likes hipster shit, a Farfetch'd Mega/Evo isn't going to put butts in seats
>>
>>28006849
That's not even Gamefreak though
>>
>>28006842
Because /vp/ is a minority when it comes to the fandom.
>>
It's a shame because Charizard really is a great Pokemon.
>>
>_____ is not a popular Pokemon
>People don't want more ______
>Gamefreak gives people more _______
>/vp/ thinks _______ is being forced down their throats
>>
>>28006958
when
>>
>>28006827
Charizard is fine, nothing amazing, but it's a pretty cool mon.
Mewtwo and Lucario are just OK.
Greninja just looks retarded, I don't care.

Lucario and Greninja fall under forced, they were planned to be put in literally everything, and became extremely popular as a result.
>>
>>28006977
>Lucario and Greninja fall under forced, they were planned to be put in literally everything, and became extremely popular as a result.
Zoroark
>>
>>28006998
They shouldn't have made it a fucking eventmon if they wanted Lucario 2.0.
All things considered Zoroark is still fairly popular, but it's a failure when compared to Lucario.
>>
>>28006827
It doesn't matter how true it is, shitters on /vp/ will always try and pretend theyre only popular from being "forced".

Nevermind that there's plenty of counter evidence to that, cant get in the way of hating on Lucario or Charizard.
>>
>>28006827
Wouldn't Lucario's head things be easy to pull off?
>>
>>28006977
I think Greninja would have been popular anyway, what with its stats, motif, and ability, but probably not as much. What really made it stick was the hype from Smash, and that was less forced and more happenstance because Sakurai liked it. Ash-Greninja was definitely forced, though.
>>
>28006827
>Charizard is a popular Pokemon
>People want more Mewtwo
>Gamefreak gives people more Lucario
>/vp/ thinks Greninja is being forced down their throats
>>
>>28006849
I remember thinking that Lucario was really cool as a kid when I was much younger because of this. Gen 4 wasn't even out yet back then, so that made it even cooler.
>>
>>28006877
Farfetch'd isn't gonna be saved by Mega, the nigger needs a straight up evo with Sniper and 100+ in SPD and ATK so he can 100% crit like a motherfucker
>>
>>28007563
wut
>>
>edge is a popular Pokemon
>People want more edge
>Gamefreak gives people more edge
>/vp/ thinks edge is being forced down their throats

oh god this all points to rockruff's evo being EDGE
>>
What annoys me is they seem to be under the impression that a pokémon needs to be powerful to be popular, and that people who like a certain pokémon want them to become stronger. I like Charizard but he didn't need to get 2 megas, I would still use whener I could without that. Who the fuck doesn't like Pikachu, yet he's weak despite Gamefreak's ridiculous attempt at making him decent
>>
>>28007637
>Who the fuck doesn't like Pikachu

I hate Pikachu. I think Raichu is way cuter, and I prefer it because it looks like it could actually win a fight.

Otherwise, you're right, though.
>>
>>28007607
I couldn't pick between "when I was younger" and "when I was a kid".
Fuck off, I'm tired, okay?
But yeah, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon only had Gen 3 Mons and came out a year before D/P did, so Lucario was just a sneak peak at a future Pokemon.
>>
>>28006977
>liking the manlet wanna-be dragon
>>
>>28006977
>Greninja looks retarded
Objectively wrong. Froggo is cool.
>>
>>28007575
He has wish, heal bell, and roost.

Gimme a tank bird.
>>
File: poochie.gif (28KB, 170x306px) Image search: [Google]
poochie.gif
28KB, 170x306px
all I think of when Lucario comes up
>>
>>28007637
Charizard was already popular before Gen VI megas hit because

Ash's ace for the anime fans
Nostalgiafags (Gen I)
Good aesthetics (I'm a sucker for the Bulbasaur line but its undeniable Charizard has a broad appeal)
Card game (that one card used to go for around $260 or so)

Charizard's popularity didn't go in the dumpster even when stealth rock was introduced and only went up with the chronic forcing of fire/fighting starters down our throats. It didn't get to be popular because it was powerful (Lucario/Greninja), it got to be powerful because it was popular.
>>
>>28007075
Explain the reset poll when Lucario lost against Toxicroak on round 1 then. And no. Dont give me the revisionist bullshit that bots were used. /vp/ was using different browsers/incognito modes and refreshing--bots didnt happen until a certain footfag after the reset
>>
>>28007615
Im excited as fuck for Rockruff's evo though
>>
I just dislike when certain starters are given preferential treatment over the other two of their generation, all three should be given equal exposure. Other than that it's all good.
>>
File: 094Gengar_OS_anime.png (98KB, 1675x1992px) Image search: [Google]
094Gengar_OS_anime.png
98KB, 1675x1992px
The real Pokemon GF panders too
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.